Why don’t some people accept that Poverty in America is a lifestyle choice?

It is a lifestyle choice. You could argue homeless people are more free than the rest of us who have to slave our lives away working for the man. Meanwhile those people live day to day and do whatever they want, taking whatever they want with no regard for anyone but themselves.

There's hope for you yet.

Anyone who thinks that all wealth distribution via the market is equitable is an absolute MORAN.

Anyone who thinks that all wealth distribution via the market is equitable is an absolute MORAN.
What market? I know we don't have a free market, I KNOW we don't have capitalism.

If you mean things get skewed in our current cronyism market, then yes you are right. Cronies reap a lot of the benefits at the top, but working crap jobs and complaining that you work a crap job won't make you any better off either

I think the best comments in here are about choosing to be rich. If poverty is a lifestyle choice then so is wealth...yet none of these people seem to have chosen wealth for themselves? :eek:

I wonder why? Lack of ambition, poor work ethic and they're bad with money probably.

Because everyone thinks the same.

all of them?

If you have to be 'trained' not to put your hand in a Fryer.....you're simply proving the point of the thread

Is food handling training not training?

Customer service training?

Cashier training?

Are you starting to understand where you went full retard?

If you are an adult that works minimum wage, you clearly made MANY and REPETITIVE poor life choices....

Or you are literally handicapped or disabled, which ok that's not your fault.

If your job can be done by a HS student w/ zero training, it's not the man holding you down.....

What counts as a handicap? 21% of all adults are on psychiatric medication, do those conditions count? I have a friend that has severe anxiety and has panic attacks when applying for jobs--what can they do?

How about if you were abused badly when young, and not taught how to make good life choices?

I agree that all able-bodied and able-minded people have it in them to rise above poverty, BUT many need teaching and guidance because they were raised in a way that left them ignorant through no fault of their own.

Also, single mother + 1 kid needs to make $30k, $18k + $12k for child day-care, to rise above poverty. That's not so easy for many.

What counts as a handicap? 21% of all adults are on psychiatric medication, do those conditions count? I have a friend that has severe anxiety and has panic attacks when applying for jobs--what can they do?

How about if you were abused badly when young, and not taught how to make good life choices?

I agree that all able-bodied and able-minded people have it in them to rise above poverty, BUT many need teaching and guidance because they were raised in a way that left them ignorant through no fault of their own.
if you're ignorant it's still your fault

somebody is actively preventing you from learning outside views and perspectives? or noticing societal trends around you?

If i'm born in a racist household, and commit a hate crime, I don't get a pass, right? Or a wife beater that grew up seeing their mom being beat?

Minimum wage: $7.25

Annual Minimum Wage: $7.25 * 2080 = $15,080

2017 Federal Poverty Level for a single individual: $12,060

"Lifestyle choice"

{<jordan}
Simply not using drugs and having a clean criminal record qualifies you for a security clearance, which can net you much more than minimum wage.

Not using drugs, not having an alcohol addiction, and not committing crimes are lifestyle choices.

all of them?

If you have to be 'trained' not to put your hand in a Fryer.....you're simply proving the point of the thread

I have to disagree. I once worked at Burger King (high school and I only worked one day and then quit - I'm not cut out for that life) but you do need training for those jobs. OTJ training but even the most rudimentary MW job requires some training.

Now my job packing books into boxes probably required the least amount of training out of every job I've ever had (which is probably 6 different jobs at this point in my life). It wasn't MW though.

Simply not using drugs and having a clean criminal record qualifies you for a security clearance, which can net you much more than minimum wage.

Not using drugs, not having an alcohol addiction, and not committing crimes are lifestyle choices.

I'm sure a security clearance does you a lot of good in the service industry.

{<jordan}

ITT I learned businesses that pay mw are only open at night and on the weekends.

Also, being rich is a lifestyle choice, so I don't want to hear any more shit about unfair progressive taxes.
Yes being rich is a lifestyle choice... a life style of working hard and working smart.

personally poverty doesnt affect me, i made my fortune selling truckloads of Bootstrap Buddy!® on the QVC channel in the 90s, i spend my days shitposting on sherdog and snorting cocaine off hookers
heres darlene modelling our bestselling line, before Bootstrap Buddy® they were round her ankles
2d86bb96e3f047bb31b41bb9f59260d6.jpg

Last edited:
If you are an adult that works minimum wage, you clearly made MANY and REPETITIVE poor life choices....

Or you are literally handicapped or disabled, which ok that's not your fault.

If your job can be done by a HS student w/ zero training, it's not the man holding you down.....

Who paid or is paying for your doctorate? If it's you, good job.

Who paid for your education up until then and what job did they have?

Wealth distribution via the market is very equitable.

Wealth naturally builds on those who can build it. That's how compounding interest works. A compounded rate quickly approaches infinity.

compound%20interest%20curve.gif

If you can make decisions that grow wealth, you will become wealthy.

If you can't maintain wealth, well, yeah, you're poor.

This is why factories are owned by the wealthy instead of poor workers. If the workers owned the factory, they would run it out of business and then there wouldn't be any wealth anymore.

This is why most new wealth creation flows to those who are already wealthy. This is why a small amount of people control so much of the world's wealth.

This is also why income distribution is much different than wealth distribution.

This is also why liberals never cite income distribution stats and instead spout wealth distribution stats. They know that most people don't know the difference between the two and intentionally mislead them to anger them into being easily manipulated. I consider that lying.

Why would you work in the service industry if you have a security clearance?

Are you saying that a security clearance entitles you to a job outside of the service industry?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back