Bulletproof glass is a form of idignity and must go says Philadelphia councilwoman Cindy Bass

Not wanting shot in the face is racist

The stereotype 'rightest' response I expected from some.....

I do not believe all business is evil and I think it's great to see people succeed, I would not consider myself a 'leftist', if I was American I would have picked Trump over Clinton, but thats perhaps because I have enough intelligence to realise that it is only the ignorant who wholeheartedly and unquestioningly follow one doctrine such as left or right. It is possible to see merit in both sides of the political spectrum and form your own values rather than just childishly boiling your life experiences and world view down to you're left and I'm right so fuck you.
Maybe it is the promotion of this silly obsession with picking sides that has left the USA political scene (on both sides) such a mess, we should at leat look at the other persons opinion before we dismiss it.

With that said if I had to describe my political leanings I would say I am a moderate conservative, people should be able to make money and have success, however if we remove all government controls then we rely on the goodwill and integrity of those who already have money and power and that rarely ends well. I believe in freedom for the individual and the right to own guns however if I were starting the country again I would ban them. I only believe in private individuals having them because sadly they are so rife in society that there is no way to remove them from bad people so it's only fair to let the good people defend themselves.

With this matter, these neighbourhoods are suffering, we can dwell on who's fault that is and say fuck 'em but eventually this issue will need to be addressed, if you have ever been to Rio and seen the way the favelas and the upmarket neighbourhoods meet you may understand why.

In short if you want to make money in a sleazy way I don't really have any sympathy for you when the shoe is on the other foot.

So what.. you just threw that comment out there knowing what the response would be so you could go on this diatribe? You just had it ready to go didn't you. I love your qualifying statement in the first two sentences... lol.

Well, here's mine. Trump is a mediocre TV personality, a good businessman and a bad politician. While the Clinton's shady shit finally caught up to them this last election. I didn't vote for either. Neither in the primaries or the general election. The election of Trump was the general public slapping both parties in the face, trying to tell them to get their shit together. It won't work, but I think the whole thing was and is completely hilarious. In 3 years, another lobbyist funded candidate will get in and business will go back to normal.... whatever.

Exactly how are these businesses a parasite? They are a store providing goods to people who want them. Nothing more, nothing less. If the citizen's didn't patronize the store, they would close and someone else might come in to try something different. The bulletproof glass is the store's response to the high crime in the area. Seriously, what the fuck does banning bulletproof do to address the problem? So you can fuck off for trying to blame the businesses for the inherent cultural issues created by both parties and the people who live there.

I can go on personal diatribes of my own about family members who live in these areas right here in H-town. But you wouldn't listen... or care. Hey, it's everyone else's fault to not doing enough to save these people, many of which who don't want to be saved, they want to be taken care of.

The fact that there are people willing to take the risks to operate in such areas should be applauded, not demonized. It's not like there are nation big chains jumping at the chance to operate there. So go ahead, run them out of the neighborhood... then there won't be any stores left.

Right or wrong, it's just the way it is. Keeping treating symptoms and ignoring the root causes. It's great way to keep getting elected I guess.

Ok genius.... The neighborhoods are suffering. Let's hear the solution then. Going after the businesses who attempt to operate there seems completely stupid. What's your plan? Cost controls? Raising the minimum wage? More low cost housing? Got anything new?

Let's hear it.

They should also be forced to keep their cash in piles on the counter right beside the desk bell for service. Drawers behind the counter are an indignity.

Let her work as a cashier for a few shifts at one of those liquor stores without the glass. She'll be proposing a bill to make that shit mandatory, lol.

I get it though...you wanna sell liquor? here's a bill that would make you selling liquor unsafe...so stop selling liquor...

Elected officials who say something that stupid should be immediately ejected.

Bulletproof glass seems like a non violent way to deter crime, don't see how it's a bad thing. Lol watch this go through and liquor store owners in bad areas start shooting people left right and centre.

I kinda get it.

Not saying i agree but if your business is based around selling alcohol to crazy fuckers maybe you are part of the problem you are scared of.

I'd feel different if operating normal hours but selling late drinks from a bullet proof cage seems like you know your customers are trouble.

Hmmm actually i give up its got a small amount of merit but a bucket load of problems.

Hmm... giving would-be robbers some dignity before they blow your head off
IMG_5184-1024x640.jpg

That's "The movement."

They don' think urban crime is real, or a problem. The media allows them to think racism and things that make those areas LOOK like they have more crime is the problem. Delusion has a price.

Where was this pic taken?

Sad
search for charlieboi on YouTube he does drive thru and some walk around videos of hoods and ghettos. This is a screenshot from one video.

In Detroit he shows KFC, Little Caesar’s, Metro PCS, and Taco Bell all with bullet proof glass.

No. The only neglect is coming from the parents who raise such terrible children that their neighborhood needs bullet proof glass.

Responsible parents don't raise murderers. And there are poor communities where crime is not outrageous. Urban folks need to start raising their children in safe and stable homes.

It starts with the family and parenting. That politician should be calling out bad parents. She should be calling out fatherless families. She should be calling out children who misbehave at school.

She shouldn't be making excuses for crime and she shouldn't be trying to make criminals feel better about themselves.

OMG. Liberalism really is a mental disorder.

Your bus must be so short.

You can't blame the whole left for morons on that side.

Just like you can't blame the right for their morons.

So what.. you just threw that comment out there knowing what the response would be so you could go on this diatribe? You just had it ready to go didn't you. I love your qualifying statement in the first two sentences... lol.

Well, here's mine. Trump is a mediocre TV personality, a good businessman and a bad politician. While the Clinton's shady shit finally caught up to them this last election. I didn't vote for either. Neither in the primaries or the general election. The election of Trump was the general public slapping both parties in the face, trying to tell them to get their shit together. It won't work, but I think the whole thing was and is completely hilarious. In 3 years, another lobbyist funded candidate will get in and business will go back to normal.... whatever.

Exactly how are these businesses a parasite? They are a store providing goods to people who want them. Nothing more, nothing less. If the citizen's didn't patronize the store, they would close and someone else might come in to try something different. The bulletproof glass is the store's response to the high crime in the area. Seriously, what the fuck does banning bulletproof do to address the problem? So you can fuck off for trying to blame the businesses for the inherent cultural issues created by both parties and the people who live there.

I can go on personal diatribes of my own about family members who live in these areas right here in H-town. But you wouldn't listen... or care. Hey, it's everyone else's fault to not doing enough to save these people, many of which who don't want to be saved, they want to be taken care of.

The fact that there are people willing to take the risks to operate in such areas should be applauded, not demonized. It's not like there are nation big chains jumping at the chance to operate there. So go ahead, run them out of the neighborhood... then there won't be any stores left.

Right or wrong, it's just the way it is. Keeping treating symptoms and ignoring the root causes. It's great way to keep getting elected I guess.

Ok genius.... The neighborhoods are suffering. Let's hear the solution then. Going after the businesses who attempt to operate there seems completely stupid. What's your plan? Cost controls? Raising the minimum wage? More low cost housing? Got anything new?

Let's hear it.

You seem really angry about this.....

You make some valid points that I agree with, both about the election and about the fact that we are treating symptoms rather than root causes, I actually pointed that out regarding my original post in a later post on this thread.

So you ask me what I would do about urban decay? O.K I actually do have a theory and I genuinely believe it is the only solution to the problem. Before I go in to it though I would say that there are probably better and more palatable solutions but things like better schools etc will not work given the ingrained culture in these areas.....So here is my 'leftist' solution.

At 12 or so years old all girls nationwide be given the contraceptive implant, this will not be voluntary, in order to have it removed and procreate the state would require that certain standards are met. These standards would be relatively attainable things like marriage, ability to hold down a job etc. you do not have to be rich or wildly successful, just a decent, functional human being.
If we were to implement this we could remove one generation of degenerates and lifelong victims who will inevitably bring children in to the world just like themselves. It may seem harsh but if we can break the cycle of poverty and decay over a period of 10-20 years imagine the difference it would make.
If a child grows up in the ghetto to drug addict parents surrounded by poverty we all know that almost always they will go on to a life of crime and depravity and it is not really their fault, they are products of their environment.

Now I know that there will be a few people jump on this thread because they grew up bad but made it or know people who did but if we are trolly honest we know that is the exception and that being born in to urban warfare only ends one way.

Now please consider the fact that my plan is not intended to prevent hard working but low income families having kids, hell I imagine that a lot of the 'pulled myself up from a poor upbringing' stories will come from. In this plan the people who would not be allowed to breed are the real degenerates, the drug addicts, the people who live in roach infested shit holes, the silly kids who get knocked up at 14 because they made a mistake, the women getting knocked up to collect more social security (thats a real problem in the UK.)

Oh yeah and @Scerpi , if you feel that you would like to go on a diatribe about family members maybe I would care and find it interesting, maybe it would influence my opinion, as I said, I am interested in hearing all sides of a story before I make my mind up.

I can’t even comprehend the stupid angle

How would anything at all improve by banning protective measures for stores in bad parts of town? All you’re going to do is get them robbed and clerks killed more. If they want sketchy liquors stores gone, there’s a million better ways than saying “well if enough cashiers die the place with have to shut down”
Im thinking the idea is to get these closed. And when they do they start pointing to certain crime stats that will decline and will say "see no more crime" and pat themselves on the back.

Edit. Should have read the whole thread before posting this.. Already mention sorry

This sounds like a stupid attempt to solve what could be a valid problem.

This is an interesting way to potentially deal with this. If your store front operates solely around enclosing your employee with bullet proof glass. What positive service are you actually offering the community?

They don' think urban crime is real, or a problem. The media allows them to think racism and things that make those areas LOOK like they have more crime is the problem. Delusion has a price.

Driven by cultic ideology.

I used to work in a liquor store when I was young. I don’t care what color you are but I would to say the majority of people who visit more than once a week are fucktards. I had a dude argue with me one time that I was trying to cheat him. One pint is still one pint even the manufacturer changed design of bottle....

Back