Bulletproof glass is a form of idignity and must go says Philadelphia councilwoman Cindy Bass

You seem really angry about this.....

You make some valid points that I agree with, both about the election and about the fact that we are treating symptoms rather than root causes, I actually pointed that out regarding my original post in a later post on this thread.

So you ask me what I would do about urban decay? O.K I actually do have a theory and I genuinely believe it is the only solution to the problem. Before I go in to it though I would say that there are probably better and more palatable solutions but things like better schools etc will not work given the ingrained culture in these areas.....So here is my 'leftist' solution.

At 12 or so years old all girls nationwide be given the contraceptive implant, this will not be voluntary, in order to have it removed and procreate the state would require that certain standards are met. These standards would be relatively attainable things like marriage, ability to hold down a job etc. you do not have to be rich or wildly successful, just a decent, functional human being.
If we were to implement this we could remove one generation of degenerates and lifelong victims who will inevitably bring children in to the world just like themselves. It may seem harsh but if we can break the cycle of poverty and decay over a period of 10-20 years imagine the difference it would make.
If a child grows up in the ghetto to drug addict parents surrounded by poverty we all know that almost always they will go on to a life of crime and depravity and it is not really their fault, they are products of their environment.

Now I know that there will be a few people jump on this thread because they grew up bad but made it or know people who did but if we are trolly honest we know that is the exception and that being born in to urban warfare only ends one way.

Now please consider the fact that my plan is not intended to prevent hard working but low income families having kids, hell I imagine that a lot of the 'pulled myself up from a poor upbringing' stories will come from. In this plan the people who would not be allowed to breed are the real degenerates, the drug addicts, the people who live in roach infested shit holes, the silly kids who get knocked up at 14 because they made a mistake, the women getting knocked up to collect more social security (thats a real problem in the UK.)

Oh yeah and @Scerpi , if you feel that you would like to go on a diatribe about family members maybe I would care and find it interesting, maybe it would influence my opinion, as I said, I am interested in hearing all sides of a story before I make my mind up.

TBH You just can't do the mandatory contraception nor do I think you have to. I've said in the past, the country should have a national subsidy (maybe $5000, maybe $10,000) for voluntary surgical sterilization. It can be open to anyone of a certain age but the people most likely to avail themselves of the program are almost certainly those who are least capable of raising children. Put another way, it would take a high threshold for deferred gratification for a young person to NOT accept the subsidy while those with a low threshold are almost invariably going to be bad parents.

This is an interesting way to potentially deal with this. If your store front operates solely around enclosing your employee with bullet proof glass. What positive service are you actually offering the community?
If your storefront operates in a community where your kind of business is typically robbed and employees murdered...

Start the count down to some politician crying that there are no businesses in these areas and how it is due to racism.

If your storefront operates in a community where your kind of business is typically robbed and employees murdered...

Ive personally seen two stores like this. Was doing a site survey at a nursing home that had a Taco Bell next door with a drive-threw. The drive-threw teller had enclosed glass that was used to exchange payment/food. Other was at a check cashing place in a low income neighborhood.

My experience with such walk-in storefronts is limited to what ive seen on TV. Only places that seem to use this are convenience stores operating at odd hours that primarily deal in controlled substances which have age restrictions.

All studies ive seen indicate that non-white low income areas have a disproportionate amount of alcohol/tobacco stores to their population. That is what her proposal is meant to deal with.

Its also questionable from an employer viewpoint. If you can only guarantee minimal safety of your employees by separating them from your clients then enclosing them in bulletproof glass. What good does this do for both parties psyche anmd that of the communities?

http://www.fox29.com/news/controver...usiness-owners-to-take-down-bulletproof-glass

Liquor stores are the cause of crime and bulletproof glass is insulting to criminals.

That seems to be her stance. It is insulting to the community, mainly because the people that own and work in these places do not live there, and this is a slap in the face to any would-be armed robber that tells them that the owner thinks and expects that district to be violent and criminals.

There are way too many liquor stores in these poor, crime riddled neighborhoods, but this stupid bitch blames the liquor stores and not the people that live there. It is the fault of liquor stores that people sell “loosies” and drugs in front of these places, not the actual criminals that sell the drugs and Eric garnering the cigs.

Back