Travel Ban Takes Effect, Left Immediately Goes Back, To The Same Liberal Judges

Leaving something as it already was does not equate to making something far worse than it already is.

hiya fonzie,

no - it doesn't...and since the ACA is actually a conservative construct, Trump and the rest of the GOP really should have known better.

Ryan should have a "repeal Obamacare" vote on the House floor, just for old times sake. they're safe to do so, since now they know that the Senate will kill it.

it safe to hold protest votes again.

- IGIT

hiya fonzie,

no - it doesn't...and since the ACA is actually a conservative construct, Trump and the rest of the GOP really should have known better.

Ryan should have a "repeal Obamacare" vote on the House floor, just for old times sake. they're safe to do so, since now they know that the Senate will kill it.

it safe to hold protest votes again.

- IGIT

It was certainly safer to repeal the Affordable Care Act when it had not yet been ingrained in our economy for 7 long years. A repeal would have worked nicely in year one.

It was certainly safer to repeal the Affordable Care Act when it had not yet been ingrained in our economy for 7 long years. A repeal would have worked nicely in year one.

hi again Fonz,

i don't disagree.

before the benefits of anything (working out, dieting, studying, saving money, etc) are realized, its always easier to quit the program.

the problem - one that many saw coming - was that many, many GOP voters found out that while they hate Obama and Obamacare, they would very much like to retain the ACA's benefits.

Representative Ryan has learned this lesson. he's doing a much better job downplaying his zest to privatize and downscale Social Security and Medicare nowadays.

- IGIT

Last edited:
America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country.

Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect.

- IGIT
What’s that got to do with taking prudent security measures?

At no point has any ‘disrespectful’ legislative or executive measure been taken against any U.S Muslim citizen to my knowledge.

What’s that got to do with taking prudent security measures?

hi Bargey and good evening,

if you take a look at the statistical dearth of incidents involving refugees murdering americans, one might reasonably conclude that the "extreme vetting" has been going on for a while now (and working just fine) - and predates the Trump administration.

- IGIT

hi again Fonz,

i don't disagree.

before the benefits of anything (working out, dieting, studying, saving money, etc) are realized, its always easier to quit the program.

the problem - one that many saw coming - was that many, many GOP voters found out that they hate Obama and Obamacare, but would very much like to retain its benefits.

Representative Ryan has learned this lesson. he's doing a much better job downplaying his zest to privatize and downscale Social Security and Medicare nowadays.

- IGIT
<{you!}>

hi PrinceOfPain,

if you feel my statement lacked substance, i was only quoting former President George W Bush, verbatim.

That would explain the lack of substance :)

i'm not saying only Muslims can fill those roles. i am saying that they are part of the wonderful tapestry that is the United States of America - and their contributions are part of what makes this nation so dynamic.

what i'm saying is that i am glad that Abdul Fattah Jandali fled the violence in Syria and came to the United States and not Germany or the UK or anywhere else but here.

- IGIT

Though I wouldn't say that this adds much more substance.

Just to be clear, your answer to the question "why do liberals so badly want to bring Islamic immigrants into the States," is "because it makes us feel warm and fuzzy"?

hi Bargey and good evening,

if you take a look at the statistical dearth of incidents involving refugees murdering americans, one might reasonably conclude that the "extreme vetting" has been going on for a while now (and working just fine) - and predates the Trump administration.

- IGIT
Still waiting on that executive/ legislative text that indicates disrespectful targeting of....hell, any negative targeting of US Muslim citizens. You made a claim, so back it up.

As for the broader issue, US security agencies concluded that ISIS would use refugees to bring in terrorists. Trump is doing his best to prevent this.

Good government is proactive, not reactive. Don’t wait for another 9-11, Boston, Paris or Cologne but protect before victims are made.

US security agencies concluded that ISIS would use refugees to bring in terrorists. Trump is doing his best to prevent this.

Good government is proactive, not reactive. Don’t wait for another 9-11, Boston, Paris or Cologne but protect before victims are made.

this.

that's why when the Bush tax cuts were going to sunset (like they were supposed to, incidently), the GOP howled about Mr. Obama raising taxes
I'm of the form belief that every erroneous law (outside of the big ones; assault, rape, theft, murder) needs a sunset clause in it, the world changes, more quickly now than ever, some of these outdated and arcane laws should've been done away with long ago.

I'm of the form belief that every erroneous law (outside of the big ones; assault, rape, theft, murder) needs a sunset clause in it, the world changes, more quickly now than ever, some of these outdated and arcane laws should've been done away with long ago.

hi floivanus,

the tax cuts from the Presidency of George W. Bush were due to sunset because of the Byrd Rule, which, to paraphrase, prohibits the Senate from passing legislation that puts the US debt on steroids.

- IGIT

hi again Fonz,

i don't disagree.

the problem - one that many saw coming - was that many, many GOP voters found out that while they hate Obama and Obamacare, they would very much like to retain the ACA's benefits.

- IGIT

Benefits...

raw

The "moderate" Republicans just don't want to tear the rug out from under people who have been depending on the ACA for several years. Repealing the ACA will not leave those people with many free market options because the ACA has eroded those free market options over the course of its existence.

Kinda funny to see how many people this has upset tbh.

Benefits...

raw

The "moderate" Republicans just don't want to tear the rug out from under people who have been depending on the ACA for several years. Repealing the ACA will not leave those people with many free market options because the ACA has eroded those free market options over the course of its existence.

Pretty sure this thread is about the travel ban from known terrorist countries?

Am I in the wrong thread?

hi floivanus,

the tax cuts from the Presidency of George W. Bush were due to sunset because of the Byrd Rule, which, to paraphrase, prohibits the Senate from passing legislation that puts the US debt on steroids.

- IGIT

Hi Igit,

You want to go start or participate in an ACA thread or post on topic in this one?
Thanks and namaste.

Sexual harassment.. ^^^

Back