Boxing Is Not Easier Than MMA (Luke Thomas point)

They are both very difficult. I don't know any boxing or MMA fans in real life that argue about this. Just an interweb thing.

His proof: A bunch of Pro Boxes banged his wife out harder than the MMA fighters did.

I agree. Boxing has much deeper skill pool, but MMA takes a lot more widespread fight knowledge. Boxing is obviously just a piece of the whole combat sports spectrum, but it is super fucking hard to be elite. In MMA you could have shitty hands and win titles with grappling and wrestling. In boxing, its all you got.
It boils down to the two distinct fundamentals of the sports

boxing - sport of punching
mma - sport of fighting

Do you want to learn how to punch or how to fight

That is all folks

Okay now you are playing a silly semantics game, generally speaking nobody calls boxing a MARTIAL ART, it's a sport and its a combat sport but when is the last time you saw a boxer call himself a martial artist?

Obviously when I said Martial Arts I was referring to the traditional sports that requires a GI like Karate, TKD, Kung fu etc

Only under MMA context can you group boxing and wrestling into martial arts, I can't believe you made me explain this to you that's just fucking retarded as you would love to say.

I know plenty of people who competed in wrestling and point karate growing up, boxing is very rare. Just walk into any boxing gym and try to find an actual boxer there that is training to compete.

lmao @ dedicating this entire reply to the smallest point i made about you not considering boxing a martial art.

how bout the rest?! stop ducking!!

mma - sport of fighting

That is all folks

lol @ thinking all boxing is is punching. nevermind clinch fighting, athleticism and cardio that's a requirement unlike in MMA where the "top fighters" gas out in 3 rounds of low volume striking, the head movement, footwork, none of that! punches in bunches!!

clearly one of those guys who trains from his computer chair

Last edited:
lmao @ dedicating this entire reply to the smallest point i made about you not considering boxing a martial art.

how bout the rest?! stop ducking!!
I already debunked your "boxing is martial arts" fallacy, go walk into a boxing gym and ask them if they are all martial artists LOL

Still to this point you had no rebuttal for there being FAR more wrestlers who competes since at a young age and "traditional" martial artists in the in the grand scheme than boxers.

lol @ thinking all boxing is is punching. nevermind clinch fighting, athleticism and cardio that's a requirement unlike in MMA where the "top fighters" gas out in 3 rounds of low volume striking, the head movement, footwork, none of that! punches in bunches!!

clearly one of those guys who trains from his computer chair
yeah so much "clinch work" everytime Mcgregor got a hold of Mayweather he would take his back and Mayweather would bend over and cover his head like a bullied kid would do. SO MUCH clinch work from the boxer.

I already debunked your "boxing is martial arts" fallacy, go walk into a boxing gym and ask them if they are all martial artists LOL

Still to this point you had no rebuttal for there being FAR more wrestlers who competes since at a young age and "traditional" martial artists in the in the grand scheme than boxers.

You have to lump every single sub category of martial arts to compare the popularity to boxing. that doesn't work. one martial art does not = every martial art.

JiuJitsu vs Boxing? Boxing wins
Kickboxing vs Boxing? Boxing wins
Muay Thai? Boxing wins
Karate? Boxing wins unless you count those shitty karate classes you take when you're 10.

Wrestling is not that big outside of a few key countries, like at all. You're from Texas, though, so I know the world outside of your own borders doesn't exist to you.

you ignored every point to focus on whether or not boxing is a martial art lmfao

You have to lump every single sub category of martial arts to compare the popularity to boxing. that doesn't work. one martial art does not = every martial art.

JiuJitsu vs Boxing? Boxing wins
Kickboxing vs Boxing? Boxing wins
Muay Thai? Boxing wins
Karate? Boxing wins unless you count those shitty karate classes you take when you're 10.

Wrestling is not that big outside of a few key countries, like at all. You're from Texas, though, so I know the world outside of your own borders doesn't exist to you.

you ignored every point to focus on whether or not boxing is a martial art lmfao
You can lump every single sub category of martial arts to one because their path of transition is to MMA, not boxing.

The top fighters from MMA are athletes from those categories.

It's harder to train for MMA because there are so many different skills that one needs to be proficient at.

It's harder to win a boxing match because you're forced to box with your opponent, whereas in MMA you can resort to other tactics if the fight isn't going well.

mma - sport of fighting

That is all folks

Boxing is as much fighting as MMA is lol

There are rules for each.

- Just because in MMA there is a bigger array of offensive options doesnt make it instantly harder
- Basically saying other sports with less variables are addiction by subtraction(i.e in BJJ there is no striking but you have to worry about de la riva and 50/50 guards, berimbolos, etc... many things that dont even exist in mma)
- thats why you dont see someone from MMA just walk into the mundials and win or go compete in olympic wrestling

Agree? Discuss

Bullshit. Im boxing you OFTEN find guys being undefeated for large portions of their career. It’s easy to play it safe in boxing. Cover up and bang, stick and move, etc.
In MMA you can lose in so many ways, can’t cover up, punches, elbows, knees, kicks, spinning shit, takedowns, trips, clinch attacks, subs... can’t defend them all...

A guy who never boxed in his life on a pro lever fought the best in the world, and took him 10 rounds, and won rounds. And stop with all the excuses. He's 40, retired, carried. Matt Serra Serra is 43, and hasn't fought in 7 years. Let's see Lomachanko come in and go 10 rounds and win 3 of them. He won't last a minute.

What happened when Michael Page , an MMA fighter decided to go to boxing.

And what happened when pro boxer, Heather Hardy, undefeated champion came to MMA?
giphy.gif

She lost her nose.

715x402_374247_20171021194822.jpg

DMoOU7QWAAE2jbX.jpg

Her opponent, a ta kwondo champion, never took her down once. She stood and banged. Kept her distance from the punches and just kicked the shit out of her. That's all you have to do to a pro boxer. They can't do shit without boxing rules against any martial artist, or wrestler.

And whoever tries to bring up Holly Holm she was a kickboxer before she was a boxer. 6 amateur fights, undefeated, and 3 pro fights, 2-1. And her trainer was the same guy, her whole career. An MMA guy, and pro kick boxer. Never a boxer.

He won rounds because he was allowed to you dim lightbulb

That doesn't imply boxing is *as much* fighting as MMA.

It literally can't be since MMA is simply [everything in boxing] + [a bunch of other stuff].

Neither one is pure, unadulterated combat but MMA is definitely *closer* to that idea than boxing.

That doesn't imply boxing is *as much* fighting as MMA.

It literally can't be since MMA is simply [everything in boxing] + [a bunch of other stuff].

Neither one is pure, unadulterated combat but MMA is definitely *closer* to that idea than boxing.

Most of the street fights I've seen are two idiots doing F- level boxing. Good luck taking a guy to the ground in a bar fight while his buddies stomp your shit in. You going to muay Thai clinch somebody in a bar fight or on the sidewalk when they might have a knife? Doubtful.

Most of the street fights I've seen are two idiots doing F- level boxing. Good luck taking a guy to the ground in a bar fight while his buddies stomp your shit in. You going to muay Thai clinch somebody in a bar fight or on the sidewalk when they might have a knife? Doubtful.

That isn't really a response to my point.

It's logically impossible for boxing to be as close to real fighting as MMA, since MMA already contains everything in boxing, unless you want to take the position that fighting *never* involves kicks, elbow strikes, prolonged clinches, any form of grappling, etc...

That isn't really a response to my point.

It's logically impossible for boxing to be as close to real fighting as MMA, since MMA already contains everything in boxing, unless you want to take the position that fighting *never* involves kicks, elbow strikes, prolonged clinches, any form of grappling, etc...

Point is, fighting is fighting. There are either rules or there are no rules. One is not like the other. If two people are beating the hell out of each other, they are fighting.

There is so much left out of each, that there is no way either can be a real fight or even close to it.

MMA, can't eye gouge, low blow, small joint manipulation, or even throw 12/6 elbows or kicks to a grounded opponent.

Boxing actually does have grappling, clinching, elbows, headbutts, forearms, etc. Watch a Bernard Hopkins fight ;)

If two people are standing and banging, they are fighting. And that fight is more likely to simulate a real world fight as the other variables are not going to allow for things like BJJ or to take your opponent to the ground.

Can those things be effective? Sure. But odds are, you are gonna be trading punches worried about some guys buddy's jumping you while you aren't looking and you will want to make a quick escape.

Neither sport is a like a street fight. They are sports. They have rules. They have boundaries.

Put it this way, if we had a MMA fighter fight a boxer 9 out of 10 times the MMA fighter would win.

This is what I mean by fighting vs punching.

Back