Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.3 (Dragonlord's Initial Review)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It says "Star Wars", here's my money!"

It's been thirty years, I might be done with this.

Last edited:
Also, can we say that Phasma is the new Boba Fett, but not in a good way: a masked mysterious side character that looks cool but it's utterly useless or irrelevant to the plot? It's infuriating to see such a cool design go wasted like that.

She didn't even had to be there, they brought her to get killed in about five seconds because they desperately needed to give Finn something to do. Dude was more useless than a cantina character. Seriously, even when he tried to destroy the battering ram and looked like he was finally going to contribute to the plot, he didn't.

She didn't even had to be there, they brought her to get killed in about five seconds because they desperately needed to give Finn something to do. Dude was more useless than a cantina character. Seriously, even when he tried to destroy the battering ram and looked like he was finally going to contribute to the plot, he didn't.
"...and when you have to send off a main character because they need something to do, you know you need a rewrite."

But that in itself is the problem. Not that there is a woman lead. Just that the lead is a Mary Sue, a fucking horrible actor, and has no story. Yet walks in like the boss of everything and mystically becomes more powerful and knowledgeable than everybody in history with zero effort or training. It’s a slap in the face.

That’s why James Cameron said Wonder Woman sucked. Same reason. A bunch of campy woman power nonsense with no story or substance.

Then you have ripley or Sarah Connor who are some of the best characters ever and just have an awesome presence and story. That’s how it’s done.

Same thing with Finn and the ugly Asian. Nobody’s problem is with a black guy, it’s that they insert one specifically for the reason of being politically correct and don’t give a fuck about his acting or the writing/story. They could have easily picked a black guy that can act, and that fit into the plot so he had an awesome storyline. Everybody would have loved him just the same.

These movies are fucked and are worthless at this point. They have no writing no originality. No nothing. The prequels were a million times better. Should have stuck with the original writer or at least Lucas’ vision like was said above. Pushing these out to make money and not caring about the fans or Star Wars lore and characters completely destroyed the legacy.

I don't think the problem is the actors, it's the stupid story and script.
Who could make "I'm not scum...I'm rebel scum" sound good?
You could have had Denzel fill in as Finn, and it still would have sucked.

Race wasn't the problem here. Everyone could have been white and it would have been just as awful.
The problem is is that they had no compelling story to tell...which is fucking insane considering the source material they have, the endless possibilities, and massive budget they had to work with.

They should have let him go out like a hero like this:

... Like the asshole that caused the problem?
Solid neutronium, dude

Caused the problem? How so? Have you even seen that episode?

By doing what he did he exposed the Doomsday Machine’s weakness. His death wasn’t in vain.

Edit: or do you mean Finn was the asshole that caused the problem, because then I agree. He, Poe and Fatty did cause the problem, with some contribution from the Vicd Admiral by keeping them in the dark.

Pepe wouldn't burn old texts (or trees) because one aggressive chick maybe knows a couple things.

If I'm not mistaken the books were in the falcon at the end of the movie. You see them in the drawer u Dee the seats. Rey took them before Yoda set the tree on fire and I think he knew it as well.

If I'm not mistaken the books were in the falcon at the end of the movie. You see them in the drawer u Dee the seats. Rey took them before Yoda set the tree on fire and I think he knew it as well.

Ok. I guess she is the ultimate Jedi master now.. *rolleyes*

I missed the books being there.

Luke was a jobber in this film lol. Maybe was punishment for his overall oddness irl after the original series ended.

Why didn’t Laura Dern take 30 seconds to explain her plan?

Haven’t seen the movie yet. Please tell me
they at least play the force thems when Luke dies

Watch it again, and let me know if you saw it differently. It wasn't great, and yes, it pisses in the lore enough that I myself was, and am annoyed.. But it's not as bad second viewing. Serious. Burning wisdom because Rey "knows everything" is stupid. Inconsistent powers and ways tonobtain those powers are a problem in movies across the board these days.. But it simply is not as bad second viewing.
Rey took the books. We saw them when Finn was tending to Rose. They are on the Falcon.

Rey took the books. We saw them when Finn was tending to Rose. They are on the Falcon.

So rey knew that like was such a can that he shouldn't even have the books? Lol

Edit: I don't remember them being at the island after.. So they must have been taken before.

Last edited:
So rey knew that like was such a can that he shouldn't even have the books? Lol

Edit: I don't remember them being at the island after.. So they must have been taken before.
I was so disappointed in his character. I kept waiting for him to have his moment.

Saw it last night. Not as terrible as some are making it out to be, but still not good. I gave it a 5 on the poll. Only good scene was the fight in the throne room. Overall the movie had a few moments but it fails as a Star Wars movie, no doubt. Don't give Disney your money if you can avoid it folks.

Why didn’t Laura Dern take 30 seconds to explain her plan?
At that point even we the audience isn't sure how they're being tracked. Could be a spy. Even so Holdo recognizes the plan looks like cowardice, and they did mutiny as a result of finding out so wanting to delay these problems by keeping it Need To Know isn't a bad thing. There could be more reasons. But it was also necessary to make it seem like, hell, maybe she's the spy. Or incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back