• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.3 (Dragonlord's Initial Review)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think i need spoilers for this one:

another thing that i just realized shit me about this movie... the lasers have ballistic arcs.

Snoke's ship is firing a laser, in space, and it has bullet drop.

I mean i realize it's a movie about space wizards and shit, but it's like they tried to add some kind of retarded version of realizm, in totally the wrong fucking place for no reason.

Lea in space

Still cant get yoda to look right

A ridonkulous plot point regarding gas

Waste of luke

Wrecked 2/3 of your major villians.

Rey has already conquered ren so whats the suspense

Plush toys thrown in my fucking face

Typical white hating/libtard hollywood by having nothing but white people play the bad guys.

(Do you minorities feel better yet?)

And some of the melenium falcon scenes were ripped off of return of the jedi i swear to christ.

Movie gets a 5.

My initial reactions as well. That Leia in space scene..... my gawd who thought of that.

I liked it overall but my god there are some truly dreadful plot devices in this. It's almost unbelievable.

Honestly I have zero hype for the 3rd film. I do not care about any of the characters remaining in this story.

I liked it overall but my god there are some truly dreadful plot devices in this. It's almost unbelievable.

Honestly I have zero hype for the 3rd film. I do not care about any of the characters remaining in this story.
How do you like it overall then? Lol seems odd thing to say with what you followed it in the rest of your post. If it sucked to the point where it ruins the third movie(which it might’ve had for me too) how is it liked overall? ..

How do you like it overall then? Lol seems odd thing to say with what you followed it in the rest of your post. If it sucked to the point where it ruins the third movie(which it might’ve had for me too) how is it liked overall? ..

I'm not saying I'm not interested in the third because this sucked. I'm not Interested in the third because all of the things I liked about this new trilogy was wiped out. There is absolutely no mystery left; TLJ killed all of it.

Overall though the movie on its own was fun and entertaining. As a big fan of the originals many things were disappointing, but it was still an enjoyable movie for me.

I love movie critics. OP can crush the film relentlessly and still award it 6.5 out of 10.

FailingFixedBarnacle.gif

giphy.gif

I love movie critics. OP can crush the film relentlessly and still award it 6.5 out of 10.

FailingFixedBarnacle.gif

giphy.gif

Well you have to give it basic points for having a story that at least is understandable. effects that are decent. well executed action sequences. great sound. and the musical score was ok.

Allot of movies fail at those simple things.

I just read a review saying some people think its dissapointing because its only the "second" biggest Friday opening of all time... I mean... really?? fucking really? are you THAT stupidly obssesed about numbers??? jesus fucking christ!! Be fucking happy its the second biggest opening Friday of all time...fucking A ... of ALL TIME... do you even know what "all time" means..... I just read that fucking review and it pissed me off how some people could think its dissapointing because its "only" the second biggest opening of all time.... fucking people man

People can be disappointed with the movie, but anybody disappointed with the box office numbers is embarrassing themselves. Absolutely insane weekend for the film. Of course it wasn't going to surpass TFA. That was the first Star Wars film with the original three leads in 30 years! First non-Lucas Star Wars films. The fact that TLJ is putting up numbers like this despite not having that same degree of curiosity or the long gap in time is very impressive.

I mean i realize it's a movie about space wizards and shit, but it's like they tried to add some kind of retarded version of realizm, in totally the wrong fucking place for no reason.
My moment was with the bombs. The inertia is killing me. And so there's a force field so the bombadier doesn't suffocate? Goddamn you, rebel scum.

But yeah space wizards.

I want to sit down and write an in-depth review, but I won’t have time for it this weekend, so I’m going to do bullet points of every thing that I hated about this movie:

• No answers, or unsatisfactory answers to big questions: who is Snoke? Where did the first order come from? Who are Rey’s parents? How did Maz get Luke’s lightsaber? How is Rey more of a natural with the force than Anakin or Luke ever were?
  • Terrible jokes and one liners that fuck with what ought to be dramatic or tense scenes such as Poe crank calling general hux, Rey asking Ren to put on a towel (it’s not like his fucking dong was hanging out) and Leia’s terrible joke about her hair after not seeing Luke in god knows how long
  • The movie was boring, the whole Resistance plot line was a slow sub light speed chase till ships ran out of fuel
  • Too many silly or slapstick elements, like Finn walking around in a leaking bag, BB8 taking out prison guards by shooting coins, Rose tasering Finn, the island caretakers, porgs
  • SJW patrol going overboard such that every protagonist left after Luke’s death is a woman or person of colour. The fleet has a couple hours of fuel and Rose and Finn are going to go free some horses? And did the movie meat-shame Chewie for fuck’s sake?
  • Hux is comedic relief as the whipping boy? If this was Empire Vader would have just killed his stupid ass five times over
  • New characters that are horrible, like Rose and Vice Admiral Tall Bitch
  • Poe’s now bitch made, “flyboy”
  • Luke being completely unworthy of following the footsteps of Obiwan and Yoda as the wise old Jedi master
  • Internal inconsistency: Yoda tells Luke “fuck the books” yet the books get saved anyway? Do they matter or not?
  • Luke confronting Ren via astral projection only to promptly die anyway instead of say using the force to raise up his xwing and going out like obiwan did against Vader
  • Rose interrupting Finn’s attempt to take out the canon and go out like a boss like Commodore Decker in Star Trek’s Doomsday Machine Episode
  • Captain Phasma goes out like a bitch AGAIN
  • Rey’s reveal boils down to them saying this trilogy is not a continuation of the Skywalker saga, and to me that fucking sucks. If they want to take Rian Johnson’s new trilogy to explore new areas or stories that’s fine, but these trilogies are supposed to be about the Skywalkers and I am fucking triggered that they’re not going to end up that way
  • Despite reports that this wouldn’t be a rehash of Empire scenes are directly stolen from Empire and Return of the Jedi. Fight At-Ats on salt this time instead of snow? Ok? And everything going on in Snokes throne room was exactly the same as ROTJ, right down to watching the fleet getting destroyed and Ren/Vader murking Palpatine/Snoke

I could go on but I don’t want to right now. This movie is just a cunt hair in width past Phantom Menace imo, but the more I think about it the more I hate it.

6/10 on my personal scale (barely passable) or 4/10 on @Dragonlordxxxxx ’s scale (poor)

Supremely underwhelming.
5/10

General Issues
-Forced comedy. There is just too much of this shit, and it kills the mood. The stakes are too high for all these jokes. More than that, most of the jokes just were not funny.
-The bad guys are terrible. General Hux? This weasel is the military LEADER of the empire? Fucking really? He is awful, and not the least bit intimidating.
Kylo is terrible. He is just a whiny, emo brat. And i just physically cannot take him seriously. I'm honestly perplexed why they ever casted this guy. The son of a stud like Han, and a beauty like Leia made THAT? Really? Dude is ugly as fuck.

-Way too many question marks about the force.
Leia all of a sudden has power. Rey goes to some dark place, but can't get answers there. Snoke has god power and can connect people via the force. Why can Rey beat everyone with ZERO training? If ghost Yoda can summon lightning bolts why can't he help do other shit? And related, toliet boy Finn can beat the supposedly most bad ass soldier, Phasma, in a one on one fight?
-Luke, Captain Phasma, and Chewbacca were criminally underused. Chewbacca is such a fun character. NO ONE HATES HIM. He should basically be this movie's "Hulk". He's a slam dunk character and they barely used him.
-The dialogue was Lucas level bad at many points. Somebody literally says "you are all doomed!", and Phasma says something like "you've always been scum"

Story issues spoiler (how long we gotta do spoiler tags for?)
-So the plotline about finding the codebreaker was for absolutely nothing in the end?
-Why exactly was Benicio del Toro's character in jail if he had the power to escape the entire time?
-The asian girl (she was basically Samwise) "saves" Finn, and is now in love with him after they did one solo mission together and she shares one story about her past? And that "love" is worth the life of the rebellion? She tasered Finn for trying to leave to get to Rey..and now she torpedoed the one chance they had of saving the rebellion?
-Admiral Holdo was ridiculous. Lol This scrawny, purple haired old lady is in charge? What? And why was the plan to evacuate to the planet a secret? It made no sense.
-So we're doing some weird love triangle with Finn, Rey, and asian girl, like they did with Luke, Leia, and Han?
-Im kind of surprised they didn't let Leia die there. It would have had more impact since she actually died, and now they have to give her an offscreen death.
-Rey's parents are drunk nobodies? Lolwut?
-And I agree with Dragonlordxxxxx, why in the blue hell would you kill the hot girl and leave the fatty? This movie needs all the pretty people it can get. Sheesh.

The good
-Some good action scenes. I enjoyed that light saber battle in the end.
-I liked Luke, Leia, and Rey.
-The hyper jump kamikaze
That's about it.....
<{hughesimpress}>

Also, can we say that Phasma is the new Boba Fett, but not in a good way: a masked mysterious side character that looks cool but it's utterly useless or irrelevant to the plot? It's infuriating to see such a cool design go wasted like that.

Also, can we say that Phasma is the new Boba Fett, but not in a good way: a masked mysterious side character that looks cool but it's utterly useless or irrelevant to the plot? It's infuriating to see such a cool design go wasted like that.
And a good actress

I thought pepe, deep down, was smarter than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back