RDA (28-9) vs. Woodley (18-3-1)

RDA vs. Woodley

• Total voters
You have to look what happened to Lawler when Woodley punched him. The difference in power is like an order of magnitude. RDA lit up a one legged Robbie for minutes at a time and couldn't hurt him - literally we're talking 200+ clean punches.

RDA has a big cardio advantage, and straight jiu-jitsu if he could somehow get on top, but Woodley hits so, so much harder. He's also proven to be capable of going 5 rounds with good management.
when woodley loses the belt you have them rematch and see if the fight goes how the first didn't. lawler fought a bit timid against woodley and paid the price, RDA would never do that. also woodley throws like 5 strikes per fight and RDA won't give the space for woodley to load up on his shots. I think it wou ld be the same old woodley, in the fence timid the whole fight like he always does

Some of the worst fight analysis I’ve ever seen on here

Please explain then? Woodley has shown top level jujitsu? Has been able to use combos and change levels with striking? Does anything other than circle the back of the cage and fish for td's and overhands? He's masterful at it but he is as limited as it gets. He is champion imo by miracle. He doesn' overwhelm people but so much as survive them. Honestly if him and Lawler fought 10 times, do you see him knocking out Robbie 10 times? Ask yourself does anything change the outcome of rda and Lawler fighting 10 times. Lawler was outclassed by rda. Tyron hit a homerun against Lawler. You don' got homeruns every at bat. Take your b.s. elsewhere

Rda's run at ww is impressive however it should be taken with a grain of salt...his run at ww is

Tarec Saffedine who is 1-4 in his last 5.
Robbie lawler who is 36 years of age and last time he looked good was against Condit in january 2016...its almost 2018.
Neil magny who is a good oponent however his biggest win is against an out of shape, has been Johny Hendricks. He is good, but nowhere near great.

Woodley ktfo Lawler quickly and effortlessly one year and a half ago. Robbie still had it back then. Then he beats a ww that would be champ if it wasnt for Woodley..yes , Wonderboy. The guy is a beast that would wipe the whole ww division if it wasnt for one person only.
Last but not least Demian Maia who was coming off a 7 win streak. And im not even counting the rest of fighters he beat in his ww career.

I mean, there is a clear gap between the fighters that both of these dudes have fought. I would definitely favor Woodley as of now. Remember that he turns 36 in April so 1 year from now it could be a different story, though.

RDA puts on pressure but that leaves him open to counters, I doubt he can take a flush one from Woodley. It'd no doubt be a close one tho, but one mistake from RDA and Woodley comes away with the finish.
That's how I see it

If RDA lands early it might go like rory v Woodley

Otherwise it's Robbie v woodley

Honestly, Woodley doesnt stand a chance against the RDA we saw tonight. RDA knocks him out in under three rounds.

RDA beats the shit out of him in every department. Only chance to win comes from a lucky early KO (which would be Woodley's merit since he does have a lot of power.) I'd say it's a 80-20 fight.

Woodley is too inactive and gives up space in the cage way too easily, RDA is such a crafty and powerful striker and good everywhere, as well as having such great workrate, I'd pick him over anyone right now.

Woodley has great TDs and RDA only has good TDD. So I could see Woodley holding him down. I like both guys and would root for RDA but I think Woodley wins via wrestling.

RDA becomes the new WW champ. RDA can keep up the pressure for 5 rounds and will bring the fight to Woodley, unlike others. This is the fight to make. Colby should fight someone else for the number one contender slot.

I would prefer that an interesting/exciting fighter win the belt at 170. Then
that person fights RDA for the title.
I dont want to see Woodley fight anyone, ever.

RDA has nothing for Woodley and he's chinny, he beat a one-legged Lawler and couldn't even put him away in 3 rounds.

Well it was a 5 round fight so he couldn't put him away in 5.
Are you sure you watched it?

RDA is gonna knock him out, Woodley only has his one right hand that's his only weapon. He got away with it with Thompson twice cause Thompson is a counter fighter and was timid. RDA isnt afraid to get in there and pressure

RDA is better everywhere except wrestling. Tyrun has a punchers chance

Uncle Dana would love RDA new WW champion and McGregor get an immediate WW titleshot against him, promoting it as the fight that didn't happen at 196 that led to Diaz loss.

I don't see it happening though

Please explain then? Woodley has shown top level jujitsu? Has been able to use combos and change levels with striking? Does anything other than circle the back of the cage and fish for td's and overhands? He's masterful at it but he is as limited as it gets. He is champion imo by miracle. He doesn' overwhelm people but so much as survive them. Honestly if him and Lawler fought 10 times, do you see him knocking out Robbie 10 times? Ask yourself does anything change the outcome of rda and Lawler fighting 10 times. Lawler was outclassed by rda. Tyron hit a homerun against Lawler. You don' got homeruns every at bat. Take your b.s. elsewhere

He fought 10 rounds against the best striker in the division, maybe even best in the UFC, and came out basically unharmed and he dropped Wonderboy in both fights. You either have no idea what you are watching when people are striking or you are just a complete moron

“Punchers chance” against RDA lmao

Back