It's Official: Disney Buys 21st Century Fox (UPDATE: Kevin Feige put in charge of new films)

My bad dr doom. Its 4am here.

He's sort of like a villain version of batman with prep. But rather than Batman, Doom is actually extremely powerful. He has the tech of Ironman, the magic of Dr. Strange, and the unyielding will of Captain America. He's also arguably the smartest person in the world. Not gonna list his feats but he's done numerous extremely powerful things.

Lionsgate made a Man-Thing horror movie back in 2005. Man-Thing has since then reverted back to Marvel.
Geez $1 million gross on a $30 million budget.

Who's cooler between Man Thing and Swamp Thing? And which one ripped off the other? Apparently Man Thing first appeared in May 1971, Swamp Thing in July 1971.

Is the Steve Gerber run on Man Thing as good as the Alan Moore run on Swamp Thing?

Geez $1 million gross on a $30 million budget.

Who's cooler between Man Thing and Swamp Thing? And which one ripped off the other? Apparently Man Thing first appeared in May 1971, Swamp Thing in July 1971.

Is the Steve Gerber run on Man Thing as good as the Alan Moore run on Swamp Thing?
I like Man-Thing's face more than Swamp Thing, it's more distinct. Swamp Thing's face is basically the same as some of the CGI monsters we've been getting for decades.

swamp_thing.png

f826311563749b4b442f3afcb79d6ae7--marvel-comics-art.jpg

Haven't read and don't really know about Steve Gerber's Man-Thing comics, so I can't help you there.

Here's an article on who ripped off who:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...ng-story-behind-the-man-thing-and-swam/73693/

even the hulk?

I would not only say yes, but definitely. Give them a massive field to fight in and let them go at it with no time limit and Doomsday will outlast him and overcome him each and every time. Even WBH.

Although Hulk knocks him around pretty good in the beginning, Doomsday would adapt to overcome Hulk's strengths and also adapt in a way that would exploit any weaknesses. (H/P Doomsday was the one who could adapt to his opponents almost instantly. He didn't need to die first and he didn't need a long time to overcome them. Basically, as soon as he "sensed" them he would automatically develop both an offense that could hurt them and a defense that could withstand anything they had to use against him). Sorta like the Sentinels in XMEN DOFP. Only H/P Doomsday adapts faster than they did and already starts out way, way, way, way more deadly and powerful. Think of everything he's already adapted to throughout his entire life of thousands upon thousands of years.

By the time we got to the H/P arc, Doomsday had already evolved to a point where a boosted Superman (boosted with the extra power of a motherbox) had literally nothing for him. DD snapped his arm like a twig without even putting any effort into it. So if H/P Doomsday encountered Hulk, even WBH, it wouldn't be long before he wrecked him. Starting out he would already be a nightmare and things would only get worse for Hulk as the fight went on. Hulk could stand with him probably for a couple of minutes, but the longer the fight goes on the more it favors Doomsday.

I'd bet my money on it 10/10 times. (Only the strongest version of DD though. Hulk can beat several other versions)

I should mention, the shit we got in BvS wasn't Doomsday. Not even close. That was an embarrassment and a total slap in the face.

Last edited:
They will need to make a 4 hour movie with all the characters they could shove in now, and of course, I would watch the shit out of it.

Wolverine vs Hulk? Would love to see that on the big screen.
Hell, X-Men done right now more than likely, meaning they can cast a WHOLE NEW Wolverine (Since Hugh is done anyway) and let him run the show. WIth their casting abilities, I am sure they could find the next badass Wolvy.

Also might mean we get a good iteration of Cyclops too, who isn't just a pussy background character.

This opens up to be a HUGE cinematic universe, and will make DC look even more like shit.
Hardy just signed up as Venom. He would've been my pick as Logan.

I'm wondering if the end of Infinity War will result in a restructuring of the multiverse, so that when the Avengers return to Earth 616, the FF and X-Men are already there.

So...Galactus/Surfer are the main big bad for phase four? That or Avengers vs X-men. Throw in Fantastic Four in there for Doom shenanigans.

I hope that we will see Dogpool, Pandapool, Rexpool and other versions of Deadpool in one of his future movies.

This deal means that Fox will more than likely keep the UFC as they are focusing on their sports content and freeing up some money.

Seems that part of the deal was the local area Fox sports stations that broadcast local baseball teams.

Disney probably said “you can keep the UFC”

<{Heymansnicker}>

<31>

go on .....

would dig seeing the F4 show up somewhere, you know b/c they cannot make a decent stand along movie.

yes they can. you need a good director and good writer. its not the characters it whoever is behind them.

Shit point and case is the incredibles. you cant make a decent movie on a family with powers you say

I'm wondering if the end of Infinity War will result in a restructuring of the multiverse, so that when the Avengers return to Earth 616, the FF and X-Men are already there.

could be especially if they knew about this deal way before it went public

Back