It's Official: Disney Buys 21st Century Fox (UPDATE: Kevin Feige put in charge of new films)

EDIT***** Someone said this is an April Fool's joke. I dunno honestly.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

HorrifiedFace.gif

So basically Disney can't afford Fox IP rights if they don't get SkyOne as a means to distribute their content.

TV>>>>Movies

It's an April Fool's joke.

That's not what've I meant. None of those movies had all 3 of those things and generally aren't considered successes, despite the rabid fanbase.

They made alot of money so theres your dumb fans

Hollywood is going to be nothing but a bunch of stale Disney movies

This deal means that Fox will more than likely keep the UFC as they are focusing on their sports content and freeing up some money.
not if<21>has anything to say about it

Update: July 27, 2018

Walt Disney and 21st Century Fox Shareholders Approve $71.3 Billion Deal

Walt Disney and 21st Century Fox shareholders on Friday voted in favor of their $71.3 billion deal, in which Disney will acquire large parts of Fox, including the 20th Century Fox film and TV studio, Fox's entertainment cable networks and its international assets.

Disney's and Fox's special shareholder meetings on the deal took place at New York Hilton Midtown hotel.

Within eight minutes, the "combination merger proposal" from 21st Century Fox received a majority of votes from its shareholders to approve the deal for Disney to acquire a number of Fox assets.

The portion of Fox that Disney proposed to purchase includes the TV and movie studio, Star India, FX, Nat Geo, Fox's 30 percent stake in Hulu and Fox's 39 percent stake in Sky, the European pay TV company that Comcast is looking to acquire.

The way was cleared for Disney to acquire the Fox assets after rival Comcast dropped its own $65 billion bid for the Fox assets. But Comcast, led by chairman and CEO Brian Roberts, remains in the lead in the hunt for Sky, having submitted a raised $34 billion offer to prevail over a rival bid from Fox.

Disney originally offered $52.4 billion in stock for the Fox assets, but Comcast topped that with $65 billion in cash before Disney again upped its bid to $71.3 billion.

Disney recently gained regulatory approval for its Fox deal after chairman and CEO Bob Iger during an analyst call said the company was better placed than Comcast to secure regulatory approval for the deal.

At the Disney meeting, one shareholder complained the price was too high, but within 11 minutes the vote was tallied in favor of the merger. The 21st Century Fox meeting, chaired by Gerson A. Zweifach, group general counsel, fielded only two short questions from stockholders, including one that generously praised Rupert Murdoch, before the adjournment.

Disney is led by Iger and Fox by co-executive chairs Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch and CEO James Murdoch. Neither Iger, nor Rupert Murdoch attended Friday's shareholder meetings, which were webcast.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-fox-shareholders-approve-713-billion-deal-1128343

So if the rumors are true we should be hearing about the fate of Dark Phoenix and new mutants soonish.

Im a little worried for the FX shows I like. May be too edgy for disney. This also means disney owns the simpsons now :(

The marvel stuff I would have been more excited for 5 years ago. They have done a good job already with what they have. An X men movie by the russo brothers sounds pretty good though.

I wonder how big today's giant corporations are relative to the huge companies of the nineteenth century. I'd wager they're exponentially larger (by multiple factors) with unimaginable global influence.

Awesome graphic, Dragon.

Im a little worried for the FX shows I like. May be too edgy for disney.

Ironic considering all the racist media they published over the years that was a direct Disney product.

Back