Why do people say Tony can beat Connor???

Agreed, Tony just isn't on Conor's level skillwise, people on here keep saying all he has to do is get through the 1st 2 rounds and Conor will start to fade but thats easier said than done. He gets hit too easily and I don't think he quite has Nates chin to survive that.

cauae only a retard would not give a top guy a chance to beat another top fighter with clear holes in his game in a mma fight with 4 oz gloves.

Where does this myth come from that Conor only tags guys who are hittable?

Conor is the best at hitting guys who are NOT easy to hit

Conor has made a career of exposing fighters with great defense

Max Halloway is notoriously hard to hit

BBB.gif

XaDsetj.jpg

Yet Conor had his way with Max and was able to tag Max at will. Conor could not miss Max if he tried

Contrary to what shertards say Nate Diaz has good boxing defense too (Nate has wayyy better defense then Tony for example )

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

Yet Conor was still able to counter Nate at will. Conor put an absolute CLINIC on Nate

Conor was even out countering Floyd for crying out loud

converted.gif

Floyd is the greatest defensive boxer in history AND YET CONOR IN A BOXING MATCH WAS STILL HITTING COUNTERS ON FLOYD...

Yet you think some MMA fighter is ever going to stop Conor from countering them?

Lets be realistic

IF Conor was still able to hit counters on Floyd, no MMA fighter alive is standing a chance stopping Conor's counters/stopping Conor from tagging them at will.

People just don't want to give Conor the credit. They don't want to accept the reality that Conor is a special once in a life time fighter

It doesn't matter who that fighter is, "great defense or not" Conor is gonna do what Conor always does - make his reads, find the exploits and counter fuck at will/tag at will

The fact Tony has such bad defense means Conor will have an even easier time picking him apart
max was 20 back then bruh.....and floyd was toying with the man lol....but i agree with you , imo Conor is by far the best striker in the lw division, his precision is surgical. That being said, he is a one tricky pony. He can get taken down, his bjj is mediocre and his gas tank is weak too. Nate Diaz is good but far from great and had Conor in queer street in both of their fights. The man is beatable like any other, he has lost 3 fights and can surely lose again.

Last edited:
Tony has Junie Browning bum level striking and Conor would ko him easily.

Ah so Ferguson has no chance , betting slips proving you are putting down thousands since it’s a sure thing, that’s the rules right.

the reality that Conor is a special once in a life time fighter

full-retard.gif

LCyghqU.gif

Yeah, just like Ronda Rousey was

In response to your hyperbolic nonsense; no, he's not.

He's a good fighter with a very pleasing-to-the-eye style, hence why he gets fangirls like you whipped up.

But he's pretty one-dimensional and has a poor gas tank.

His record is nothing special either, and if in 2018 he decides to be an MMA fighter (that takes on the best in his division) he'll pick up one maybe two more losses to add to that.

Here are some MMA fighters of far higher calibre than Conor (and more worthy of your hyperbolic nonsense):

GSP
Jon Jones
Anderson
Fedor
Demetrious Johnson

Superior, both in skill, and accomplishments in fighting and as champions.

Seems like you're just a gullible kid fooled by charisma and marketing hype.

I've read some of your rambling posts, so I know exactly what your reply will be, so please spare yourself the trouble, it won't be read.

Happy Christmas, kid

Last edited:
Because...he's got better cardio, could survive the early storm, plus, he's better in the clinch and waaaay better on the ground aaaaaand can take some shots!!!

Why do people think Tony stands a chance, A CHANCE, against McGregor? His wild style does him no favors against a sniper like McGregor. He over extends on his hooks and leaves an opening for a straight left. Tailor made. I mean he almost got ko'd versus Lee FFS. Repeat after me TONY FERGUSON IS NOT THE CHAMP. All he can strive to be is a paper champ. That's it. Okay? Honestly only thing McGregor can do is quickly starch him and move on to the winner of Dos Anjos vs Woodley. LW has nothing to offer him. Maybe Khabib, but you know... tiramisu.

Because this is MMA not some stand up striking discipline and Ferguson's jiu jitsu and wrestling is top notch while Connors is dog shit.

Because he has all the right tools to beat McGregor - the chin, the durability, the unorthodox style and movement, the ground game and Jiu-Jitsu, etc. I personally see Conor lighting his ass up and ending it in two or three rounds, but I have no problem with people thinking Tony will win. He has the skills to do it, and it'll just make McGOAT's victory over him that much more impressive when it happens (provided they do fight.)

when did he retire?

there were rumours that he was really close to then he just changed his demands from what they nearly agreed upon. that to me shows hesitancy and fear, kindof realising he may not win so if they really want him then match his figures.

Lol. Maybe, but there are far more plausible explanations. McGregor is the kind of guy who looks at every fight as a means to an end. He's trying to get somewhere and build himself. The Aldo fight led to the Alvarez fight. Being a two division champ led to the Mayweather fight. From McGregor's view, a fight with Ferguson is a step backwards.

I think that approach to fighting is rightly criticized by fans. But it doesn't show hesitancy and fear. It shows cold calculation. I think you seeing fear int hat says more about you than it does about Conor. He has long since shown he is willing to take high risk fights if they get him where he wants to go. His haters are as unhinged as his huggers.

Where does this myth come from that Conor only tags guys who are hittable?

Conor is the best at hitting guys who are NOT easy to hit

Conor has made a career of exposing fighters with great defense

Max Halloway is notoriously hard to hit

BBB.gif

XaDsetj.jpg

Yet Conor had his way with Max and was able to tag Max at will. Conor could not miss Max if he tried

Contrary to what shertards say Nate Diaz has good boxing defense too (Nate has wayyy better defense then Tony for example )

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

Yet Conor was still able to counter Nate at will. Conor put an absolute CLINIC on Nate

Conor was even out countering Floyd for crying out loud

converted.gif

Floyd is the greatest defensive boxer in history AND YET CONOR IN A BOXING MATCH WAS STILL HITTING COUNTERS ON FLOYD...

Yet you think some MMA fighter is ever going to stop Conor from countering them?

Lets be realistic

IF Conor was still able to hit counters on Floyd, no MMA fighter alive is standing a chance stopping Conor's counters/stopping Conor from tagging them at will.

People just don't want to give Conor the credit. They don't want to accept the reality that Conor is a special once in a life time fighter

It doesn't matter who that fighter is, "great defense or not" Conor is gonna do what Conor always does - make his reads, find the exploits and counter fuck at will/tag at will

The fact Tony has such bad defense means Conor will have an even easier time picking him apart

You make some excellent points and I enjoyed your post. However, you come off as you are trying to refute a "myth" that no one is arguing. I never said Conor only hits hittable guys. I don't think it is a common criticism of McGregor.

Sherhater has said every fighter Conor faced is going to DESTROY him. When all else fails its: "UFC 196.......never forget bros".

He was free rolling with Floyd. If he lost he lost to one of Boxing's best but still a champ in mma, if he pulls the upset he gets to be regarded as the guy who conquered both sports. He had NOTHING to lose so there was zero risk.

Now it' back to mma, he knows who poses the greatest threat to him.

1. There is never zero risk in a fight. He risked being KOed. How can a guy with an AV of Conor looking silly int hat fight not take into account the risk of humiliation?

2. I agree that to McGregor, the risk/reward in the Ferguson fight isn't right, but it seems obvious that the problem is mainly on the reward side.

3. I've already stated in this thread that McGregor is a winnable fight for Ferguson. But I don't think Ferguson is nearly the biggest threat to him. I think Khabib's style is a much bigger threat. I think Ferguson is Khabib's biggest threat though.

Because he's big, tough, well rounded, with excellent cardio. A bit like Nate, you know, the guy who made Connie do this.

1. There is never zero risk in a fight. He risked being KOed. How can a guy with an AV of Conor looking silly int hat fight not take into account the risk of humiliation?

2. I agree that to McGregor, the risk/reward in the Ferguson fight isn't right, but it seems obvious that the problem is mainly on the reward side.

3. I've already stated in this thread that McGregor is a winnable fight for Ferguson. But I don't think Ferguson is nearly the biggest threat to him. I think Khabib's style is a much bigger threat. I think Ferguson is Khabib's biggest threat though.

I actually think Tony is a bigger threat than Khabib. Yeah Khabib could demolish Conor on the ground, and effectively end the fight after one takedown, but the fight starts standing. And man, Kebab is fucking useless standing.

Tony has all the attributes that trouble Conor - size, reach, stamina, and well roundedness. His striking is sloppy and he'll need to tighten his defence, but he should probably be the favourite.

I mean, because it's a fight and McGregor isn't the perfect fighter???

Are you suggesting he CAN'T? That is a far more asinine statement to make than saying he can. Can doesn't mean will, or even might. It means anything is possible. Conor CAN get cocky and Tony CAN punch him. See how that works now?

1. He made 100 mill, he made far less getti b choked out by Nate

2. Money isn't the main reason why he's delaying

3. Probable

If he was smart he'd get a takedown ASAP, from there it's only a matter of minutes before he strangles Conor somehow. I could see him standing for too long and getting cracked though. Dunno why people haven't tried to jsut take Conor down, aside from the fact he doesn't fight grapplers very often. Seems like that would be the easiest way for Tony to win though.

Back