Why do people say Tony can beat Connor???

Why do people think Tony stands a chance, A CHANCE, against McGregor? His wild style does him no favors against a sniper like McGregor. He over extends on his hooks and leaves an opening for a straight left. Tailor made. I mean he almost got ko'd versus Lee FFS. Repeat after me TONY FERGUSON IS NOT THE CHAMP. All he can strive to be is a paper champ. That's it. Okay? Honestly only thing McGregor can do is quickly starch him and move on to the winner of Dos Anjos vs Woodley. LW has nothing to offer him. Maybe Khabib, but you know... tiramisu.

why make a thread if you have all the answers? There's obviously no discussion to be had with you after that opening sentence

lol @ cucks saying white belt. Bu Bu Tony has many weapons. What are those? Great bottom game? Sure. Great Guard? You fooking bet. Kicks. Yeah okay. Now what about his takedown game?? Huh? He's sloppy in that, and he is sloppy in striking. Once Tony get's dusted in the first round people are going to pretend like they always knew. He's a guy who goes with the flow, he does NOT dictate the pace in fights. Tony is going to try n box McGregor in the first min realize he CAN"T hang, then he will desperately telegraph failed TD's. He will press McGregor against the cage, get a couple knees. Ref breaks it up and WHAM KO via left straight.

Why do people think Tony stands a chance, A CHANCE, against McGregor? His wild style does him no favors against a sniper like McGregor. He over extends on his hooks and leaves an opening for a straight left. Tailor made. I mean he almost got ko'd versus Lee FFS. Repeat after me TONY FERGUSON IS NOT THE CHAMP. All he can strive to be is a paper champ. That's it. Okay? Honestly only thing McGregor can do is quickly starch him and move on to the winner of Dos Anjos vs Woodley. LW has nothing to offer him. Maybe Khabib, but you know... tiramisu.
how can people in 2017 still not know how to spell his name correctly?

Lol. Maybe, but there are far more plausible explanations. McGregor is the kind of guy who looks at every fight as a means to an end. He's trying to get somewhere and build himself. The Aldo fight led to the Alvarez fight. Being a two division champ led to the Mayweather fight. From McGregor's view, a fight with Ferguson is a step backwards.

I think that approach to fighting is rightly criticized by fans. But it doesn't show hesitancy and fear. It shows cold calculation. I think you seeing fear int hat says more about you than it does about Conor. He has long since shown he is willing to take high risk fights if they get him where he wants to go. His haters are as unhinged as his huggers.
yeah he is only seeking to one up his last fight. if he gets to talk his way into a welterweight title fight i will shit bricks. i just get sick off the way he gets everything he wants, dana and fertittas really fucked up by giving him so much power. but those high risk fights are just skewed in his favour, if he was to defend against tony or khabib, i think those are the real high risk fights where he has everything to lose and nothing to gain, the fights where he has nothing to lose and everything to gain arent high risk ie the alvarez and mayweather fights.

yeah he is only seeking to one up his last fight. if he gets to talk his way into a welterweight title fight i will shit bricks. i just get sick off the way he gets everything he wants, dana and fertittas really fucked up by giving him so much power. but those high risk fights are just skewed in his favour, if he was to defend against tony or khabib, i think those are the real high risk fights where he has everything to lose and nothing to gain, the fights where he has nothing to lose and everything to gain arent high risk ie the alvarez and mayweather fights.

1. While you are correct that the Mayweather fight isn't high risk in the ways you accurately described, it is obviously high risk in other ways. There was a high risk he could be badly KOed, for example. There was also the risk that he could be humiliated, which many Sherdoggers think he was.

2. I can see why many fans are irritated that McGregor has the power he does; but I don't think the Fertittas gave it to him. He had it because he was a draw and because he knew his worth. In retrospect it's fairly obvious to me that he wrested that power from them by a) performing and drawing, and b) willingness to walk away.

Back