Official Women's Division Discussion #25

I'm puzzled by Cyborg's interest in boxing right now. I'd think that Cyborg might want to make some big money while she can. As a UFC champion, she finally can make some relatively big money. But whereas there was bigger money for McGregor in boxing compared to the championship money in the UFC, I find it very hard to believe that there is even close to the money available for Cyborg in women's boxing as compared with UFC money. Am I wrong?

Nope. Probably trying to use that as a "negotiation tactic." As if she has any leverage.

For those not aware Tim Peterson, who has helped a lot with getting results and posting upcoming fights on his website is no long doing it. He will still tweet match announcements but that's about it.

With that I am pretty much the only source now for an expanded list of fights. Going to try to be a month ahead from now on with the UFC and Bellator matches posted as they are announced.

https://wombatsports.wordpress.com/upcoming-fights/

I truly hope there is not a female openweight GP. Fat, talentless women can be found at the local Wal-Mart, they have no place in the ring or cage.

I think thats a little harsh.... I mean..... I'm sure SOME of them belong in a cage. haha

Great photo and concept. But it made me think of "Fire Fist" Ji Yeon Kim.

Rca4A5Q6.jpg

Last edited:
I truly hope there is not a female openweight GP. Fat, talentless women can be found at the local Wal-Mart, they have no place in the ring or cage.

I agree the talent pool would be lacking, but I'm betting they'd have more women like Gabi Garcia in the mix. i.e. tall, muscular and fighting weights of 200+ lbs.

Makes me curious what type of drug testing they'd use for that open weight GP.

Last edited:

(BTW, Alexa is on my Sherdog Real Time Game roster. I haven't given up on her being successful in the UFC!)

Me and my colleagues are looking to get tickets to UFC London, I hope Grasso is put on the card.

2014071105.jpg

Sakakibara said that the next women's GP would most likely be in the 125lbs range when Auclair is healthy. Unfortunate news as openweight is the best weight class for either gender.

125 is not bad tho, they could theoretically get Nakai, Wantanbe, Sugiyama, and Auclair in it.

There's also Murata, Emiko Raika, and Mina Sakuari. Though Murata is a bit small, and Sakuari is a shoot boxer.

Fun weekend coming up. Invicta FC Saturday and UFC Sunday. Lots of fights. All of Saturday night's Invicta card and all the prelims Sunday are free on fight pass. Sunday after the prelims the main card will air on FS1.

Where's the best place to watch older Rizin events? I've gotten into it recently and would love to watch full cards from the past.

How do we link to those stupid show/story/whatever the fuck on instagram? Saw something relevant on Claudia's.

Edit: fuck, now I cannot find it. Something about her and Felice. Did not have time to translate.

How do we link to those stupid show/story/whatever the fuck on instagram?

Use the Sherdog posting feature labeled "media" for everything instagram (it looks like a clip of film: two frames and reel ratchets on the sides).

Back