Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Rin Nakai was in the hospital between Dec 24-28th and had emergency surgery for appendicitis.

View attachment 497825

Why is this the only info I can find of this? Sucks for Rin, man. I've felt like 125 was better for her, anyway, because, although, she is a grappler and her low center of gravity helps her out, her reach is such a cumber, at 135. I think, she looks good, at 125; she has kept the muscle and definition that's pretty much exclusive to her in wmma, and, now, she's not giving up such outrageous amounts of reach. Hope she bounces back and closes out her career like joe calzaghe did; he didn't do much, outside of his backyard, for the majority of his whole career, but, suddenly, decided to roll the dice, towards his mid 30's, and, created a bit of a legacy, for himself. She's 32, now. Ideally, she'll put together a 4-8 fight win streak, before retiring, at 36-37, with her good looks and mental health intact. I say ideally, because things never seem to turn out in such a way.

Why is this the only info I can find of this? Sucks for Rin, man. I've felt like 125 was better for her, anyway, because, although, she is a grappler and her low center of gravity helps her out, her reach is such a cumber, at 135. I think, she looks good, at 125; she has kept the muscle and definition that's pretty much exclusive to her in wmma, and, now, she's not giving up such outrageous amounts of reach. Hope she bounces back and closes out her career like joe calzaghe did; he didn't do much, outside of his backyard, for the majority of his whole career, but, suddenly, decided to roll the dice, towards his mid 30's, and, created a bit of a legacy, for himself. She's 32, now. Ideally, she'll put together a 4-8 fight win streak, before retiring, at 36-37, with her good looks and mental health intact. I say ideally, because things never seem to turn out in such a way.
Rin posts updates on her blog. Unfortunately that blog will cease to exist February 28th.

https://nakarin89.hatenadiary.com

Rin Nakai is on a 4 fight win streak now, so she has already been on that winning streak you mentioned in your statement. She's a good fighter that is actually fighting in her true weight class, much like Jessica Eye is now. Those two are just totally different at 125 than at 135.

Back