SBBC: Happy Holidays

All I want for Christmas is

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats an awesome piece of trivia.

...and a reason that I always loved Anthony Bourdain's show(s). He eats from common street vendors and at the best restaurants in the world, and can appreciate them both. Theyre obviously distinct from each other and are different experiences, but both have a common denominator of being "good" food.

It's a really good way to live your life and appreciate things for what they are, tbh.
Just got back from Cabo, enjoyed the food at hole in the wall spots more than the gourmet restaraunts. Tends to be how it usually is when I travel.

Then again, the experience is a big reason you go to the fancy places.

some of the best food I've ever tasted was at some random restaurant in this tiny town just past Rosarito, Puerto Nuevo

It's apparently world famous for lobster, but I got Pollo Asada and it was phenomenal

Puerto Nuevo is legit. Tons of good lobster places there.

I like Bourdain, but he can be pretty pretentious for an ex heroin junkie

Bourdain can be a smarmy dick, but I dont think pretentious is the right word to describe him. Being a heroin addict doesnt take away him being a brilliant writer and tv personality. Dude is sharp.

Just got back from Cabo, enjoyed the food at hole in the wall spots more than the gourmet restaraunts. Tends to be how it usually is when I travel.

Then again, the experience is a big reason you go to the fancy places.
Where did you stay? Down town or at a resort ?

Bourdain can be a smarmy dick, but I dont think pretentious is the right word to describe him. Being a heroin addict doesnt take away him being a brilliant writer and tv personality. Dude is sharp.

Agreed, maybe pretentious wasn't the right word. I, too, like "smarmy dick" better.

I like him and his show lol it's just funny to me how he can hate Paula Dean only because her favorite ingredient is butter, and he used Heroin lol it's just kind of funny to me.

I mean, call her a racist or something, but to cuss her out because she cooks like a fat southern lady....

Lobster used to be fed to prisoners because they were bottom feeders. In fact I think a law was passed that they xould only serve prisoners lobster so many days a week becauee it was inhumane. No self respecting person would eat that garbage

THIS.

I can NOT understand people's love affair with crab in this part of the country. It's an ocean roach.

Where did you stay? Down town or at a resort ?
Villa Del Arco.

Incredible place. Its attached to two other of their resorts and you have access to all 3.

Best kept resort Ive ever been to. The rooms are massive and very nice. Grounds and everything are so well kept.

Villa Del Arco.

Incredible place. Its attached to two other of their resorts and you have access to all 3.

Best kept resort Ive ever been to. The rooms are massive and very nice. Grounds and everything are so well kept.
Yea, I really like Cabo. Amazing service when I went, I'm going to go back soon.

Yea, I really like Cabo. Amazing service when I went, I'm going to go back soon.
We had fantastic service everywhere we went. The people were all extremely friendly.

Food was killer.

THIS.

I can NOT understand people's love affair with crab in this part of the country. It's an ocean roach.

Too messy and with all the work involved to get that meat, it’s just not work it.

Crab cake it is.

THIS.

To be clear I was giving the prevailing opinion of people in the past. I personally love all shellfish.

Lobster used to be fed to prisoners because they were bottom feeders. In fact I think a law was passed that they xould only serve prisoners lobster so many days a week becauee it was inhumane. No self respecting person would eat that garbage

I don't get the love for lobster. The idea of grown people wearing plastic bibs and using masonry tools to eat is whacky. And then butter!! Dip that shit in butter. Then the chowda' which is mostly heavy cream with butter :eek:

My memories of New England driving vacations were stopping at the Howard Johnson's for fried clams and ice cream. That's where it's at!

136477_900.jpg

some of the best food I've ever tasted was at some random restaurant in this tiny town just past Rosarito, Puerto Nuevo

It's apparently world famous for lobster, but I got Pollo Asada and it was phenomenal

World famous?

lol... I don't know about that... But Lobster, rice, beans and a margarita for $10 is a solid deal.

I don't get the love for lobster. The idea of grown people wearing plastic bibs and using masonry tools to eat is whacky. And then butter!! Dip that shit in butter. Then the chowda' which is mostly heavy cream with butter :eek:

My memories of New England driving vacations were stopping at the Howard Johnson's for fried clams and ice cream. That's where it's at!

136477_900.jpg

You only go with the bib if you're deconstructing the whole lobster. Lobster rolls FTW

On ep 6 of Punisher

Pretty goos so far, although the main actor definitely could've used a trip to the lab before filming

Lol at not liking lobster.. wtf is wrong with you people

Lol at not liking lobster.. wtf is wrong with you people

I get it. It tends to be overpriced.

Once you get to that price point on the menu just about every other option beats it.

Hm. Few things beat lobster imo. I say that as a steak fanatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back