"Get out of jail free" cards

Because it would be a giant pain in the ass to take care of an out of state ticket.

And it clogs up the court having to try and deal with out of state stuff, summons, etc.

Less extortion is always nice.

Is normal for a compulsory funded monopoly.
To a degree. Although I'm willing to entertain the proposition that a privately funded police force would be an improvement!**

** author of post may not actually be willing to entertain that proposition

To a degree. Although I'm willing to entertain the proposition that a privately funded police force would be an improvement!**

** author of post may not actually be willing to entertain that proposition

All the bullshit we see with cops, whom are operating with no market pressure save for a vote once in a term of years among other issues with competing interests would stop immediately... Because after all, would you pay for what they do for you now?

All the bullshit we see with cops, whom are operating with no market pressure save for a vote once in a term of years among other issues with competing interests would stop immediately... Because after all, would you pay for what they do for you now?
I gladly pay for most of what they do. Nearly all of it actually. Not to minimize the effects of a small percentage of bad policing- the harm from a small source is amplified big time.

But I can't see how de-funding public enforcement is going to help enforce public law. Seems like law enforcement would become maximally inequitable.

I gladly pay for most of what they do. Nearly all of it actually. Not to minimize the effects of a small percentage of bad policing- the harm from a small source is amplified big time.

But I can't see how de-funding public enforcement is going to help enforce public law. Seems like law enforcement would become maximally inequitable.

Look at their time allocation to reconsider. Traffic stops for drug searches, CAF confiscation, Saturation patrols for petty extortion, etc. Then observe their willingness to find a thief whom you have proof of committing the act. The point about de-funding public enforcement is absolutely to curb enforcement of public law... because the pubic law as it exists now is not what the larger public wants.... and verifiably so.

Look at their time allocation to reconsider. Traffic stops for drug searches, CAF confiscation, Saturation patrols for petty extortion, etc. Then observe their willingness to find a thief whom you have proof of committing the act. The point about de-funding public enforcement is absolutely to curb enforcement of public law... because the pubic law as it exists now is not what the larger public wants.... and verifiably so.
Sounds like people should try to change the laws they don't agree with, instead of de-funding law enforcement. You won't find support for abolishing public law, I assume.

Sounds like people should try to change the laws they don't agree with, instead of de-funding law enforcement. You won't find support for abolishing public law, I assume.

Yeah, I read that proposal on here plenty, and its frighteningly naive. Newsflash youngster, "the people" are not in control of government, and some common person's individual lobbying isn't going to change smallest part of it.

As for the rest of the post, I find plenty of support for getting rid of extortion though (when its exposed for what it is).

myself, my brother, dad, and uncle are all cops.

ive never seen a "get out of jail free card" in my life, but then again none of us are high ranking police officials with star on our collar (i.e , chief, commander, head sheriff)

Either you are full of shit or distorting the definition of "get out of jail free cards". These things exist. My brother has one (his best friend is a cop) and I was given a temporary one (paper one time usage that expires). You do not not need to be high ranking to make or give these out.

Yeah, I read that proposal on here plenty, and its frighteningly naive. Newsflash youngster, "the people" are not in control of government, and some common person's individual lobbying isn't going to change smallest part of it.

As for the rest of the post, I find plenty of support for getting rid of extortion though (when its exposed for it is).
This is another one of our exchanges where you claim that things can't really get better, and that getting rid of pretty much everything is the solution. That's fine, but it's a strain to have these conversations about individual issues where the only acceptable argument from your end is to abolish America entirely.

Either you are full of shit or distorting the definition of "get out of jail free cards". These things exist. My brother has one (his best friend is a cop) and I was given a temporary one (paper one time usage that expires). You do not not need to be high ranking to make or give these out.

WTF? Yours was "temporary"?

where was that card when my little brother got arrested for shoplifting when he was 15?

This is another one of our exchanges where you claim that things can't really get better, and that getting rid of pretty much everything is the solution. That's fine, but it's a strain to have these conversations about individual issues where the only acceptable argument from your end is to abolish America entirely.

As long as people like you and I are under the same governance, no. Things won't get better under that arrangement friend. The worst parts of government in that arrangement will only gain growth. Adding to that, what the majority of the people want has never been the order of the day, and never will... nor should it.

Abolishing "America" is hyperbolic to say the least, though I don't doubt you honestly conflate the government's use of extortion with America itself. I don't want to destroy the land, the people, or anything cultural. The only thing I want to destroy about "America" is its compulsion over individual decisions.

better off getting those special license plates

where was that card when my little brother got arrested for shoplifting when he was 15?

Just because you are not using them doesn't mean they do not exist. They're also known as courtesy cards and were used by LAPD cops. Whether they still use them or not I do not know but your father would have known people in the force who have used them in the past.

Last edited:
Just because you are not using them doesn't mean they do not exist. They're also known as courtesy cards and were used by LAPD cops. Whether they still use them or not I do not know but your father would known people in the force who have used them in the past.

Maybe there's a shocking phenomenon where some departments operate differently than others?

I think its especially hilarious when I hear LEOs giving people "breaks" and pretending like they did them a favor for not extorting them. The level of audacity is outrageous.

Durrr...Like not locking them up or charging them with a D.U.I. or any number of other things that might cost them time served or a hefty fine. I haven't written a ticket in years, but I've let a lot of people go for shit they could've been locked up for. You're a stroke, dude.

WTF? Yours was "temporary"?

It had an expiration date and my brother (who gave it to me) said it's a one-time use.

My brother was national guard (now reserve) and gets away with everything thanks to his gold card and CAC card.hes married with 2kids now so his crazy days are over but he used to think he was invincible on the road and didn't give 2 shits whether he was speeding or not...

Durrr...Like not locking them up or charging them with a D.U.I. You're a stroke, dude.

I think you'll find people would pay to keep drunk drivers off the roads... No compulsory funding required.

...Though it didn't get past me that you escalated the violation to drunk driving, versus say.... having something on your windshield, speeding 5 over, a broken taillight, broken license plate light, having an out of date extortion (registration) tag etc....

It had an expiration date and my brother (who gave it to me) said it's a one-time use.

My brother was national guard (now reserve) and gets away with everything thanks to his gold card and CAC card.hes married with 2kids now so his crazy days are over but he used to think he was invincible on the road and didn't give 2 shits whether he was speeding or not...

Yeah being active duty and even having an inactive reserve ID does wonders on its own.

Maybe there's a shocking phenomenon where some departments operate differently than others?

Of course but any cop with enough experience would have eventually heard/known/seen that other departments use them.

Back