$716 billion defense budget.......Wow...

What country are we suppose to invade next? I hope it is Mexico. We should have annexed them a long time ago. May as well do Venezuela too, since they have oil. We can bring them some food while we at it

For that kinda money you'd think we'd at least have a couple giant robots to show for it.

The last 200 billion or so of that (conservatively) is just dead money. We're not getting a return in world security there. The concept of diminishing returns does not exist within the DoD, apparently. I don't mind having a dominant military, but holy shit.

Those pussy's cant maintain a toilet seat let alone a military. They're absolutely plagued with issues and unable to maintain any force what so ever, you'd think the German military could, but now
they can't, half of there equipment doesn't fucking work or aircraft fly...

This is the nation leading the EU and they absolutely refuse to play ball or sit with the big boys.

Is it possible because we are enabling them?
If we got out and they had to man up then it might be a different story. I just have a hard time believing that we need to hand hold Germany. I get we have our Africa command there and run a lot of stuff re the Middle East out of Germany but so what. We don't need to maintain a force bigger than most nation's armies to do that and arguably that stuff is part of the problem.

Shit I gotta get in on those defence stocks quick!

Tip: DFEN

You're welcome.

Last edited:
If we can't blow the world up hundreds of times over than our military isn't nearly strong enough.

In one fucking year

I remember a Mos Def song from like 2000, mathematics. It has a line "69 billion in the last 20 years spent on national defense but folks still live in fear." 18 years later, and that 69 billion is gobbled up on such a rapid frequency over and over, each year now.

It'll be a while before that money is fully spent. Gives me enough time to prepare for WW3

In big government we trust. Give tax cuts to everyone especially the rich then we can just borrow more money. I really hope the United States is to big to fail when we can't pay our bills.

Imagine all the health care, education and infrastructure that could provide. There'd even be left over for other fun stuff.
It wouldn't even cover half of Medicare for all. Bernie's Medicare for all plan would cost about $1.4 trillion.

It could cover education by quite a bit, but I doubt there are many people who will gain much from post secondary education that aren't already in it. I would argue it would lead to overall lower test scores, because people would devalue post secondary education since they aren't directly 'paying' for it. It would waste the time of people who shouldn't be there in the first place. There isn't really a big problem with smart people getting into university because they can't afford it. However since it is relatively cheap in comparison to the military budget, it could be used to reduce costs. Honestly, I'd rather government tackle insane tuition costs a different way, by enforcing some sort of limit on tuition costs. There's no reason for tuition costs to be so highly inflated.

Infrastructure would be a good re-investment of the money.

It wouldn't even cover half of Medicare for all. Bernie's Medicare for all plan would cost about $1.4 trillion.

It could cover education by quite a bit, but I doubt there are many people who will gain much from post secondary education that aren't already in it. I would argue it would lead to overall lower test scores, because people would devalue post secondary education since they aren't directly 'paying' for it. It would waste the time of people who shouldn't be there in the first place. There isn't really a big problem with smart people getting into university because they can't afford it. However since it is relatively cheap in comparison to the military budget, it could be used to reduce costs. Honestly, I'd rather government tackle insane tuition costs a different way, by enforcing some sort of limit on tuition costs. There's no reason for tuition costs to be so highly inflated.

Why not just not spend it at all and give it back to the people in lower taxes.

1.4 trillion is a BS number. The government already pays 60% of HC costs. The remainder is made up for in a tax, that is less than what the average person is already paying for HC.

Saying Medicare for all will cost 1.4 trillion, completely disregards the 1.5 trillion that is already being spent.

we need more investments in engineering and science, this way it would poor over to weapons devlopment

The 700 billion will help the troops keep air superiority over the advanced fighter aircraft of the taliban.

Honestly though. 700 billion but you still dont have power armor?

increased spending while lowering tax revenues

that is somewhat worrisome, considering Trump's been described by one of his Wharton professors as the dumbest goddamn student he ever had

Total waste. We're not at war with anyone and are unlikely to get into a big war. Countries' economies are too tied together these days. This money should be going to education and infrastructure.

Back