Cabbage steaks - have you tried these?

Agent Mulder's Hair

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Trust me you gotta try this. I love cabbage cooked pretty much in any way... I love coleslaw...or boiled with vinegar and salt. But cabbage steaks are my new favorite, hands down. Plus cabbage is really good for you. I've read that it even boosts your T levels, so if you don't eat much of it, you should. But have you guys tried cabbage steaks yet? It tastes WAY better than it sounds.

Just drizzle olive oil over the cabbage slices and top with garlic. Season cabbage with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven until the cabbage core is easily pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. If you like it with a little crunch to it, you can cook it less than 45 mins. You can bake it, fry it in a pan, or grill it. It's good either way.

2-IMG_7526edit.jpg

IMG_1487-533x400.jpg

IMG_5759-320x320.jpg

Seasoned%20Cabbage%20Steaks_0448.jpg

31465e30e2220333ca76a0978eec14f5--grilled-meat-grilled-vegetables.jpg

grilled-cabbage-steaks-with-bacon-and-blue-cheese.ashx

Also feel free to post any coleslaw recipes here.

Last edited:
Cabbage steaks? Sounds like an oxymoron

Yeah they are really fucking good, definitely a food I would have talked shit about before I tried it though.

Cabbage steaks? Sounds like an oxymoron

lol i know, they should come up with a better name for them. But they're delicious. Seriously they taste way better than you'd think. And if you eat only 2 of these things, you get a ton of cabbage, and it has all kinds of benefits.

lol i know, they should come up with a better name for them. But they're delicious. Seriously they taste way better than you'd think. And if you eat only 2 of these things, you get a ton of cabbage, and it has all kinds of benefits.
How bout baked cabbage?

Steak is not a vegetable. It is steak.

Having said that, I wouldn't be against trying them.

I’m interested

Trust me you gotta try this. I love cabbage cooked pretty much in any way... I love coleslaw....or boiled with vinegar and salt. But cabbage steaks are my new favorite, hands down. Plus cabbage is really good for you. I've read that it even boosts your T levels, so if you don't eat much of it, you should. But have you guys tried cabbage steaks yet? It tastes way better than it sounds.

Just drizzle olive oil over the cabbage slices and top with garlic. Season cabbage with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven until the cabbage core is easily pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. If you like it with a little crunch to it, you can cook it less than 45 mins. You can also bake it, fry it in a pan, or grill it. It's good either way.

2-IMG_7526edit.jpg

IMG_1487-533x400.jpg

IMG_5759-320x320.jpg

That looks so crazy, it just... Might.. Work...

tumblr_n2a2m0Y9m01s2wio8o1_500.gif

I'm trying this tomorrow!

Trust me you gotta try this. I love cabbage cooked pretty much in any way... I love coleslaw....or boiled with vinegar and salt. But cabbage steaks are my new favorite, hands down. Plus cabbage is really good for you. I've read that it even boosts your T levels, so if you don't eat much of it, you should. But have you guys tried cabbage steaks yet? It tastes way better than it sounds.

Just drizzle olive oil over the cabbage slices and top with garlic. Season cabbage with salt and pepper. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven until the cabbage core is easily pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. If you like it with a little crunch to it, you can cook it less than 45 mins. You can also bake it, fry it in a pan, or grill it. It's good either way.

2-IMG_7526edit.jpg

IMG_1487-533x400.jpg

IMG_5759-320x320.jpg

Cabbage steaks ??

[<diva2] You mean Pheyg discs ??

Cabbage and brussel sprouts are so underrated.

Probably because it is so, so very easy to cook both in a way that most people will not like.

If you are making homemade vegetable beef soup, Shred (not too thin) some cabbage and add it last minute. Adds a nice crunch. Top with sour cream and hot sauce. Pretty good.

lol they're really, really good man. So good I made a thread about them :D

For real, try 'em
I eat cabbage pretty often, just didn't realize people were fashioning it into steaks. Used to live with Ukranians and Polocks, figured they knew every way to possibly prepare cabbage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back