The new Blade Runner is boring af

I saw people on here complaining about it's lack of nominations so I rented it tonight and it is FUCKING BORING

Ryan Gosling has no charisma

Fuck all of you for getting me to spend money on this trash

This is absolutely nonsensical. Every frame of that movie was stunning.

Loved it. Fantastic theater experience, glad I caught it in IMAX. Definitely one of the best films of 2017.

Deserves noms for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Supporting Actress, & Best Score. Glad it got 1 of those at least.

It was a very good film.
I met Gosling very briefly, two days ago. He is filming something in Atlanta.

God damn, that mother fucker is handsome.

edit: I don't understand how anyone could say his performance was bland...

First off, he was playing a Replicant, which are known to be less emotional... they're artificial... but you can SEE the internal struggle his character is having as the film progresses and he gets deeper and deeper into the mystery. You can feel how heart broken he is as the dreams and his investigation pan out... and when he finds out where his... "girlfriend," comes from... I was very sad for him.

The most obvious is the cinematography. It's a feast for the eyes.
br2049_trailer10.png

As an amateur photographer, the way I judge whether a movie has good cinematography is how much I'd like to be where the characters are and take pictures. And throughout the movie, I keep noticing myself think there is a great shot here, there is a great shot there.
I absolutely agree. The visuals of the movie and the artistic style is amazing (I love cyberpunk aesthetic in general)...
However, that is the only part of the movie ai enjoyed. The plot was an original idea in theory, but was executed badly. It was paced in a way which I found boring. I didn’t find myself caring about Gosling’s character and his story (not because of his acting mind you), but rather about the universe the movie is set in.
I was disappointed.

Lol @ so many people getting offended itt. Reality is, it's such a shit movie that I refuse to see it

I absolutely agree. The visuals of the movie and the artistic style is amazing (I love cyberpunk aesthetic in general)...
However, that is the only part of the movie ai enjoyed.

This is kind of an amazing Freudian typo for this film actually

Make a facebook post about it.

Loved it.

Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies and I couldn't have hoped for a better sequel.

I completely understand how it wasn't for everyone, it was a ponderous, deliberate film. While I loved it's expanse, I think it would have been more popular if it had been tighter and more concise. Personally, I'm glad it was made the way it was, but to be fair it's because I love that world and every second spent there.

So everyone agrees it's boring.

Some people just like boring plots with uncharasmatic lead actors.

I agree that it's boring for some people.

I'm not saying that's a failure with those people, it's a weakness with the film.

I feel like it was made for me and I loved every second.

Original blade runner is one of my favorite movies. This one is simply too long. I think it would have been better if they cut out like 30 minutes.

I saw people on here complaining about it's lack of nominations so I rented it tonight and it is FUCKING BORING

Ryan Gosling has no charisma

Fuck all of you for getting me to spend money on this trash
You have poor taste in movies. Movie of the year

It should of been longer and slower paced

I liked it.

Cool visuals and hot chicks.
ana-de-armas-and-mackenzie-davis-in-blade-runner-2049.jpg

Also picked up a couple bottles of special edition Johnny Walker.

Johnnie-Walker-Blade-Runner-2049-1200x675.jpg

Typical elitist film fan response

You might have a point if he was complaining about some little indie film with no name cast and then I say go watch commercial trash instead.
I am defending a big budget hollywood film with wide release, I wouldn't call myself elitist.

Back