Premier League Thread 2017/18 v75: Tottenham v Arsenal - North London Derby Match Edition

Thierry Henry or Harry Kane?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tules .
If It Fits Your Macros is not calorie counting, in fact, it is the complete opposite.

If you google it (dont need to just a good point of reference), most articles are titled something like "Use IIFYM to stop obsessing over Calories", so there goes your idea right away. It is not a calorie counter, it is a matriculation of your macros which are: Carbohydrates, Fat and Protein.

Ideally you can go to your doctor and get you vitals, then levy them on your own through a workout, calculate your height and weight to determine the amount of food intake you need to break even, then get the info on your macro-nutrient requirements. This is where bodybuilders, powerlifters, athletes and high performance people come in.

If I'm burning 4k calories a day, there is no way i am reasonably making that up nutritionally with Kale and Fish and chia seeds. So a better goal is hitting your macro-nutrients. Coworker of mine is a bodybuilder for instance, and his post-workout meals when he's bulking are a bunch of del taco soft tacos. Lets say they have 12g protein, 5g fat and 20g carbs a piece, he eats 5, that's 60g of protein, 25g fat and 100g carbs to add to his dv. He couldn't give a shit less how many calories are in there becuase...drum roll...IT FITS HIS MACROS.

To that, I've argued with some bodybuilders for preaching this, because for the average person, it is a calorie game, and i dont think it's safe to be telling people like you to eat pop tarts because they have carbs and "carbs are macros bros".

And i hate to break it to you but "2 hours at the gym" isn't enough for a diet like this. You are probably, definitely, doing low intensity exercises that dont' require the glucogen output of HIIT, which is where you actually build musle and burn fat at a rapid rate, and these are the exercises where people subscribe to IIFYM. Sorry love, you're not overhead pressing kyle's bodyweight, you're not doing rounds on a bag, you're going for your jogs and using your machines, which is good, but you're not participating in anaerobic exertion that leads to the type of glucogen depletion that requires an IIFYM style diet.

I know you think i'm being a ponce, but you're making the mistake a lot of people have in the "I've figured it out" phase, and the trend you're quoting and throwing out is
A)Not for you
B)Not for most people
C)Not even what you think it is.

I care about you bruv, so just take my word and spend more time actually looking into your diet and taking care of yourself as opposed to just trying to sound cool about it on an internet forum.
Also, eat when you're fucking hungry

cheers

thanks for writing all that too, appreciate it (srs)

I'm just watching the highlights

LOL
Hahahaha both times he has fallen so awkward and ended up on the fence getting pummelled.

Hahahahahaha he has such a huge ego, doesn't want to fight on the ground to prove a point.

@blokeybloke

Everton eyeing Shakhtar Donetsk boss Paulo Fonseca to potentially take over from Sam Allardyce in the summer
  • Everton could look to reboot their management structure in a summer revamp
  • Sam Allardyce may be replaced by Shakhtar Donetsk manager Paulo Fonseca
Everton's majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has been frustrated by a lack of return on the money he has invested in £239m of signings for Koeman and now Allardyce.

He is especially unhappy about the £27m spent on Turkish forward Cenk Tosun, although he knows that he and Walsh must share the blame for that.

Moshiri and Walsh personally scouted the player together in October when Tosun played at Monaco for Besiktas in the Champions League, well before the arrival of Allardyce, who is understood to feel the player does not work hard enough in training.

lmao

Just workshopped Rockhold's failure. He went wrong in 3 big ways.

Crossed his feet, recorrected too wide
Stayed wide
Didn't lower his hips when he threw

really rookie stuff. He's shot. SHould retire

Just workshopped Rockhold's failure. He went wrong in 3 big ways.

Crossed his feet, recorrected too wide
Stayed wide
Didn't lower his hips when he threw

really rookie stuff. He's shot. SHould retire
You know where I reckon he failed

When he thought he was Badr hari and completely forgets about his amazing ground game.

You know where I reckon he failed

When he thought he was Badr hari and completely forgets about his amazing ground game.

His takedowns are generally terrible and only occur after he punches his way in.
Unfortunately he's so gunshy that he can't do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back