Yoel Romero vs GSP

Gsp via usada preventing fight

They’ll find something illegal in Romero to save that pretty face

Bisping beat Rockhold in the 1st round.

Romero beat Rockhold in the 3rd.

That means Bisping > Romero

GSP beat Bisping which means GSP > Romero.

GSP wins. Simple math.
LOL hope this is scarcasm

GSP came in against Bisping at 191 lbs (6 over the limit).

Romero couldnt make the 186 weight limit.

The weight difference is like 20-25 lbs.

Not really a fair matchup.

Yoel by flying knee KO in round 1, and I like GSP.

gsp seemed to have issues really taking bisping down and keeping him on the ground

so i doubt he'd get yoel down except maybe in the title rds when romero is tired (gsp was winded vs bisping tho) so its not like gsp's cardio at 185 is the same as it was at 170.

he'd have to fight a perfect point fight on the feet landing his jab and using his kicks from the outside and would have to avoid any of the flurries yoel would come with

Do you mean you don't want him to die from collitis, in general? Or are you implying something else?
Yoel would kill GSP. GSP isnt on the level of wrestling Yoel is on. DC who is a fellow Olympic wrestler LIKE ROMERO...DC said himself Yoel is a better wrestler than he is. Besides GSP isnt a traditional wrestler. Its his timing on TD's that sets him apart.

gsp seemed to have issues really taking bisping down and keeping him on the ground

so i doubt he'd get yoel down except maybe in the title rds when romero is tired (gsp was winded vs bisping tho) so its not like gsp's cardio at 185 is the same as it was at 170.

he'd have to fight a perfect point fight on the feet landing his jab and using his kicks from the outside and would have to avoid any of the flurries yoel would come with
Yoel beats GSP everywhere. Not even a fair fight.

I can see the fight being fairly even until Romero lands something out of street fighter II.
You can see it EVEN?

On what planet lol? Romero is a former amateur wrestling World Champion, and an Olympic silver medalist in freestyle wrestling at the 2000 Summer Olympics competed and beat 2 of the worlds greatest US wrestlers of all time. GSP doesnt have a snow ball chance in hell. Im willing to bet 40 year old Romero is more explosive as well.

GSP is far more skilled, but Romero is obviously the better athlete.

I'd bet on GSP to beat him to be honest.

You can see it EVEN?

On what planet lol? Romero is a former amateur wrestling World Champion, and an Olympic silver medalist in freestyle wrestling at the 2000 Summer Olympics competed and beat 2 of the worlds greatest US wrestlers of all time. GSP doesnt have a snow ball chance in hell. Im willing to bet 40 year old Romero is more explosive as well.
didnt brunson take him down multiple times

I can see the fight being fairly even until Romero lands something out of street fighter II.

Honestly, I can see GSP picking Romero apart the majority of the fight. I think romero would need to land a hail mary KO, but he actually seems to do that often, so who knows.

I really believe GSP is better just about everywhere other than size/athleticism, though.

GSP would do better than Rockhold, that's for sure.

Those here who say Romero has much better wrestling than GSP forget that this is a MMA contest, not a wrestling match, and that Romero has been taken down several times before by his opponents.

Why is that important? Because GSP is master of winning decisions. His takedowns are done to win rounds, not finish fights. So he doesn't have to keep Romero down, which he obviously can't do.

Can GSP avoid the explosiveness of Romero better than Luke did? Again, the answer is yes. GSP wouldn't back up in straight line in the way Rockhold did, for one. Second, he would attempt takedowns occasionally just to keep Yoel off-balance.

Rockhold was too predictable. GSP would probably lose to Romero, simply because GSP damages quite easily now, but he would have made it a far more interesting fight than Luke made it.

Romero would be a nightmare for GSP possibly the worst possible opponent within 1 weigh class apart.
Can anyone tell me how GSP can win this fight ? He weighed 191 lbs the day of the Bisping fight and Romero just missed weight at 188 lbs.
Romero is a beast.

Tbh as much as i'd like to say GSP wins, I just can't see it in this one.

Pre USADA Hendricks was a beast. Had huge punching power. Yoel is an even bigger nightmare and was an olympic wrestler.

Wouldn’t be surprised if GSP jabs his face for 5 rounds

I think it’s an interesting matchup. Not sure Romero can get close enough to GSP
GSP has a tremendous talent for keeping guys at length

khabib wins via relentless pillow fists and dry humping to a submision

Back