Yoel Romero vs GSP

GSP would make Romero work every second they're in there, so it'd be an early stoppage win for Romero or GSP dominating a gassed Romero in the 4th or the 5th round. The only reason Romero has been able to explode in the 3rd is that he's really inactive for large portions of his fights. Make him work, and he'll suffocate.

Last edited:
Romero tends to mangle opponents when he hits them (Brunson, Kennedy, Weidman, Luke) and GSP has paper skin like Fedor. I would expect a doctor stoppage after GSP eats a few shots and starts looking like the Phantom of the Opera. Romero also wouldn't be dealing with a taller opponent as he usually does, last guy he had GSP's size was Kennedy who up until the glove grab really didn't offer much.

lol. Whittaker controlled yoel on the ground.
yes when Yoel completely gassed out, not to mention Yoel put himself in that situation.
Mark Hominick beat the shit out of Aldo on the ground when Aldo gassed out, so that mean Chad or Mendes or Cruz would do the same to Aldo LOL

yes when Yoel completely gassed out, not to mention Yoel put himself in that situation.

GSP could put him on that situation. Brunson took yoel down with relative ease, but brunson isn't exactly known for his top game.

GSP could put him on that situation. Brunson took yoel down with relative ease, but brunson isn't exactly known for his top game.
You forgot GSP gassed out in round 3 against Bisping ? Robert can do that because he has unreal gas tank, which GSP doesn't have in MW

Romero tends to mangle opponents when he hits them (Brunson, Kennedy, Weidman, Luke) and GSP has paper skin like Fedor. I would expect a doctor stoppage after GSP eats a few shots and starts looking like the Phantom of the Opera. Romero also wouldn't be dealing with a taller opponent as he usually does, last guy he had GSP's size was Kennedy who up until the glove grab really didn't offer much.

GSP has more reach than Kennedy, and is undeniably the much more skilled fighter.

You forgot GSP gassed out in round 3 against Bisping ? Robert can do that because he has unreal gas tank, which GSP doesn't have in MW

If he gassed against Bisping, then yoel gasses in every fight because yoel looks like that from round one. GSP paced himself and then exploded with a minute long flurry resulting in the end of the fight.

You forget that was his first fight back in 4 years, right?

If he gassed against Bisping, than to drop gassed in every fight. He paced himself and then exploded with a minute long flurry resulting in the end of the fight.

You forget that was his first fight back in 4 years, right?
You forget that GSP didn't want to defend his belt right? GSP know himself better than any of his fans
If he could beat Romero or any top 5 MW, then why he didn't want to fight Anderson who has one of the worst TDD in MW division ? Why GSP didn't want to fight Weidman or Rockhold or Robert when they were champs but Bisping

You forget that GSP didn't want to defend his belt right? GSP know himself better than any of his fans

You forget what ulcerative colitis is?

It ends careers:

Nice job moving the goal posts. This thread is hypothetical, so I answered the hypothetical question with my opinion.

You forget what ulcerative colitis is?

It ends careers:

Nice job moving the goal posts.

If he could beat Romero or any top 5 MW, then why he didn't want to fight Anderson who has one of the worst TDD in MW division ? Why GSP didn't want to fight Weidman or Rockhold when they were champs but Bisping.
You found 1 case and said GSP has the same shit. It is like saying Anderson broke his leg by throwing leg kicks and get checked so all fighter who use leg kicks would have their leg broken too if their opponent check their leg kick

If he could beat Romero or any top 5 MW, then why he didn't want to fight Anderson who has one of the worst TDD in MW division ? Why GSP didn't want to fight Weidman or Rockhold or Robert when they were champs but Bisping

Why 20 questions about something that wouldn't change my opinion on how GSP matches up stylistically against Romero?

Also, where is your proof that GSP wasn't thinking of coming back at 185 when Rockhold was champ?

In In interview with Rogan, danaher said that GSP decided to go for the 185lb belt before Bisping even had it.

Why 20 questions about something that wouldn't change my opinion on how GSP matches up stylistically against Romero?

Also, where is your proof that GSP wasn't thinking of coming back at 185 when Rockhold was champ?

In In interview with Rogan, danaher said that GSP decided to go for the 185lb belt before Bisping even had it.
But guess what, he didn't. I didn't see him fight any fights at 185 before Bisping so where is your proof that he want to fight Rockhold or Weidman beside "talk"
GSP didn't want to fight Anderson who has much worse TDD than Romero and same KO power with Romero and you said GSP matches up stylistically against Romero?

But guess what, he didn't. I didn't see him fight any fights at 185 before Bisping so where is your proof that he want to fight Rockhold or Weidman beside "talk"
GSP didn't want to fight Anderson who has much worse TDD than Romero and same KO power with Romero and you said GSP matches up stylistically against Romero?

So to summarize, your point is that GSP can't beat Silva, Rockhold, or Yoel because he never vocalized desire to fight them? And you, in your brain, understand that as GSP thinking he can't beat them?

So to summarize, your point is that GSP can't beat Silva, Rockhold, or Yoel because he never vocalized desire to fight them? And you, in your brain, understand that as GSP thinking he can't beat them?
So your point is you know GSP better than GSP and you believe GSP could beat Silva, Rockhold , Weidman,.. although GSP didn't want to fight them. If GSP think he could beat them so why he didn't take that belt form them before Bisping? It would give him super fight's money and much more credit than beating Bisping so why not LOL, you think GSP didn't want money and fame?

So your point is you know GSP better than GSP and you believe GSP could beat Silva, Rockhold , Weidman,.. although GSP didn't want to fight them. If GSP think he could beat them so why he didn't take that belt form them before Bisping? It would give him super fight's money and much more credit than beating Bisping so why not LOL, you think GSP didn't want money and fame?

Stopped reading after you couldn't state your own stance. My point was clearly stated from the first post of mine you quoted.

Don't ask leading questions in hopes that I'll make your point for you--be a man and voice it yourself. Get back to me when you're ready.

Stopped reading after you couldn't state your own stance. My point was clearly stated from the first post of mine you quoted.

Don't ask leading questions in hopes that I'll make your point for you--be a man and voice it yourself. Get back to me when you're ready.
Very strong comeback, still my point that you think you know GSP better than GSP but you have no clue why GSP didn't want to fight Anderson,Weidman,Rockhold

Romero, Anderson, Whittaker, Jacare, Weidman, Rockhold, Brunson would KO GSP stiff

GSP admitted he was scared to fight Anderson Silva, and you can derive from his actions that is is too scared to stay at MW and fight the top 3 current guys there at least.

Kenndy is a soldier but nothing in the Octagon compared to St. Pierre.

All we know from their comparison is that one actually beat bisping and we’re not sure if he would beat Whitaker or not, while the other never beat bisping and got OmGwTfKOButterbeanstyle by Whitaker.

BUT HEY ITS MMA SO STYLE MAKES FIGHTS RAIT?

Back