California high school student body bans National Anthem from rallies

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/arti...ool-students-ban-national-anthem-12611370.php

Students at California High School in San Ramon decided at a recent pep rally that the national anthem will no longer be played, bucking tradition and drawing the school into a national controversy about what and whom the anthem represents.

Ariyana Kermanizadeh, president of the Associated Student Body, wrote a letter to The Californian, explaining that that the decision was motivated by concerns about the racial insensitivity of the anthem.
“A few weeks before the rally it was brought to our attention that the National Anthem’s third verse is outdated and racially insensitive,” Kermanizadeh wrote.
She referred specifically to a verse which is no longer performed: “No refuge could save the hireling and slave/ From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave/ And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave.

“I have said this before and I will say this again, that ASB stands for Associated Student Body, that means for all,” she wrote. “After learning about the third verse, the other ASB officers and I thought that this was completely unacceptable and must be removed from the rally.”

Idiots, they fail to understand the spirit of the Anthem. Anyway, it's later than we think... I looked up the name of the student body's president and apparently this kid belongs to a pretty political family, most likely Iranian immigrants. I wish immigrants would understand what this country is first before trying to change it to their taste. This is a video of her.

The further the left goes down this road, the further they’ll alienate the average American.

Shameful rip of of an English tune , celebrates a war of aggression should definitely be banned .

Last edited:
Why do we need to do the national anthem at sports games anyway? It seems cheap, and nowhere near the serious level that that song probably deserves.

for once I agree with a looney leftie, nothing more cringey than playing the national athem at every dumbass meeting or gathering.....well, except having that stupid flag flying from every other building...#overkill

Why do we need to do the national anthem at sports games anyway? It seems cheap, and nowhere near the serious level that that song probably deserves.

It's a cultural tradition in sports and we're not the only country to do it. The world isn't going to slide off it's axis or anything, but it's still a slap in the face to American culture. We are far from perfect as a nation, but we have it better than a lot of the rest of the world; so we should probably celebrate and not shame or nations song.

did the student body vote on it?

if they did, meh, let it play out and most likely it wont change a damn thing.

"No refuge could save the hireling and slave from the terror of flight or gloom of the grave"

I agree that verse is inappropriate, especially considering our history.

Why not change the anthem to America the Beautiful?

"No refuge could save the hireling and slave from the terror of flight or gloom of the grave"

I agree that verse is inappropriate, especially considering our history.

Why not change the anthem to America the Beautiful?

Can we please change it to something good, instead.

How about 2pac Ain't nothing but a gangster party.

It would be more honest wouldn't it?

Can we please change it to something good, instead.

How about 2pac Ain't nothing but a gangster party.

It would be more honest wouldn't it?
Or how about Credence Clearwater Revival

"Fortunate Son"

Some folks are born made to wave the flag
Ooh, they're red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief"
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh
But when the taxman comes to the door
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer "More! More! More!" yoh
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, one
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/arti...ool-students-ban-national-anthem-12611370.php

Idiots, they fail to understand the spirit of the Anthem. Anyway, it's later than we think... I looked up the name of the student body's president and apparently this kid belongs to a pretty political family, most likely Iranian immigrants. I wish immigrants would understand what this country is first before trying to change it to their taste. This is a video of her.

she sounds like Boxxy

Or how about Credence Clearwater Revival

"Fortunate Son"

Some folks are born made to wave the flag
Ooh, they're red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief"
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh
But when the taxman comes to the door
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer "More! More! More!" yoh
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, one
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no

I would actually vote to change it to, this land is your land.

I think people would sing along.

for once I agree with a looney leftie, nothing more cringey than playing the national athem at every dumbass meeting or gathering.....well, except having that stupid flag flying from every other building...#overkill

its like saying "i love you" every single time you get off the phone with your girl. it becomes meaningless. just sounds youre supposed to make.

"America! Freedom!"

"We choose to not sing a song."

"America! Love it or leave it!"

I guess I'm okay with it. These student reps were elected, so I guess this should serve as an example for students at the school. This is how our democracy works: sometimes people you voted for implement things that you might not agree with.

How long until she pushes for Halal meals in all the schools or mandatory hijabs for all girls?

California should just go ahead and become their own country.

Kids in schools and universities are being taught to hate our society and our history. So many feel we have nothing to be proud of.

Back