I googled "most athletic sport" and according to the second result MMA is #1

Don't know, just saying.

He is small by NFL standards but not by MMA standards.

He is a freak.

Where are the MMA freaks?

Jon Jones is the GOAT and he cant dunk a basketball.
Maybe because he never played basketball, you only need practice for that

Can we all just agree to never mention the word "athleticism" ever again?

Thank you.

I dontthink so, bro.

You need athleticism to jump high, not practice.

Im 6 feet tall and I played basketball my entire childhood...I cant touch the frikkin rim.

Floyd (retired boxer over who has 40yo) proved boxing is a superior sport to MMA by fighting a heavier, younger UFC champion in his prime and defeating him handily and with ease.

I dontthink so, bro.

You need athleticism to jump high, not practice.

Im 6 feet tall and I played basketball my entire childhood...I cant touch the frikkin rim.
There is a video of a 5'7 white dude that was able to do it after a 3 or 4 months

When I see a guy like Matt Mittrione who was a complete bum in the NFL with minimal combat sport training become a top 10/15 fighter at heavyweight it lets me know all I need to know.

I've never seen an MMA fighter with no football experience just decide to become a top 15 NFL player. It could never happen in a billion years.

Also LOL at the idea of football players being afraid to take blows to the head. They deal with more terrifying blows to the head in football PRACTICE than you see in an MMA fight. A punch or kick to the head isn't shit compared to the repeated blows to the head that amount to small car crashes each time. These guys are dealing with much worse than fists. They leave their sport with worse head trauma than Gary Goodridge

challenge accepted!

It's one of the most physically demanding sports for sure, but the actual athletes involved (especially in the heavier divisions) are mostly D-level plumbers; Derrick Lewis being a good example of this.

No one can unconvince me of my belief that JJ Watt would be the UFC HW champ with one year of serious training.
You think JJ Watt could beat Stipe, the Golden Gloves holder and NCAA wrestler with one year’s training? Lol

challenge accepted!
Let's see Stipe just drop the MMA gloves and pick up another sport professionally. He can't. Meanwhile tons of athletes from other sports do just this and get into MMA and find success.

Hell OSP wasn't even a PRO football player. He was a mediocre NCAA player who couldn't make it as a pro so he just started training MMA and now he's a top 5 LHW in the fucking world.

You think JJ Watt could beat Stipe, the Golden Gloves holder and NCAA wrestler with one year’s training? Lol
Golden Gloves means shit lmao. Literally nothing. Hacks across the country are golden gloves winners.

Let's see Stipe just drop the MMA gloves and pick up another sport professionally. He can't. Meanwhile tons of athletes from other sports do just this and get into MMA and find success.

Hell OSP wasn't even a PRO football player. He was a mediocre NCAA player who couldn't make it as a pro so he just started training MMA and now he's a top 5 LHW in the fucking world.

that counts too? give me 1 week and im top 15
2281.jpg

Floyd (retired boxer over who has 40yo) proved boxing is a superior sport to MMA by fighting a heavier, younger UFC champion in his prime and defeating him handily and with ease.
lol pro debut.. MMA is the only place to prove things like that

Agreed. Anyone who has sparred will agree.

No other sport, regardless of stamina or strength requirements, require you to function at peak levels while getting punched in the mouth and kicked in the legs, by people that are trained to punch you in the mouth or kick your legs.

Last edited:
lol pro debut.. MMA is the only place to prove things like that

he outmuscled him (i know it was boxing) in the clinch and stuffed his TD (50%) ... that was impressive.
anyway ... floyd vs conor = sparring match.

Don't know, just saying.

He is small by NFL standards but not by MMA standards.

He is a freak.

Where are the MMA freaks?

Jon Jones is the GOAT and he cant dunk a basketball.
Romero.. but he has a wrestling background.. nearly everyone in UFC ever has had some sort of martial arts background while growing up.

he outmuscled him (i know it was boxing) in the clinch and stuffed his TD (50%) ... that was impressive.
anyway ... floyd vs conor = sparring match.
Until he get tired was an easy fight for Conor

Um no. I've played basketball my entire life. Practice has nothing to do with dunking a ball. That's natural athleticism and coordination.

Just to drive home the point of how athletic NFL players are.. Josh McCown is by all accounts a SLOW UNATHLETIC NFL Quartback who looks like he has two left feet when playing other NFL athletes on the gridiron.

but here is him playing basketball showing he's actually an uber athlete

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fan-pass/0ap2000000342104/NFL-Fan-Pass-Ballin-with-Boldin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Presence
Back