DC vs Cruz debate about Stephens knee.

How is this a debate?

He THREW an illegal knee
He DID NOT LAND an illegal knee

Should the fight have been stopped for ATTEMPTING an illegal knee? Or only if it LANDED?

It didn't land, the ref didn't stop it anyway, let's move on

So if the illegal strike misses, and I'm pulling my arm back, and as I do my wrist touches his ear, that's illegal?

DC sounds fucking mental here, amazing.

Knee on the way up misses, knee on the way down does not. Dan didn't call it. Shit happens.

The strike Serra rocked GSP with hit the back of his head and everyone should know by now I am one of Georges' biggest supporters but when it's during a sequence and even in Georges' case, he ducked, which caused it to hit the back of the head.... I say unlucky for the guy getting hit like that but I have no issue with it.

Cruz is a fucking retard saying it’s not illegal because the ref missed it. He’s encouraging other fighters to throw illegal strikes if they know/think the ref can’t see it. It shouldn’t be overturned as it was extremely close but to make that kind of statement is ridiculous. He even laughed when they showed the wrong replay first thinking it was proving him right.

Knee landed, but not flush. Didn't appear to have any impact, but it doesn't matter because the ref didn't do anything about it.

How is this a debate?

He THREW an illegal knee

Should the fight have been stopped for ATTEMPTING an illegal knee? Or only if it LANDED?

It grazed him and then landed on the way down. It's illegal. The knee hit the back of the head while coming down.

Not to mention the illegal shots to the back of of the head before that...

Cruz is a fucking retard saying it’s not illegal because the ref missed it. He’s encouraging other fighters to throw illegal strikes if they know/think the ref can’t see it. It shouldn’t be overturned as it was extremely close but to make that kind of statement is ridiculous. He even laughed when they showed the wrong replay first thinking it was proving him right.

Agreed and I'll push it further..

Throwing illegal strikes should be illegal. Not just landing them.

If I throw a fake knee at your face while grounded, you will react. I can prepare and counter your reaction.

source.gif

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a illegal knee doesn't land, is it still illegal?

<seedat>

Of course not.

But, the debate is whether an illegal knee made contact at all.

Agreed and I'll push it further..

Throwing illegal strikes should be illegal. Not just landing them.

If I throw a fake knee at your face while grounded, you will react. I can prepare and counter your reaction.
The striking sequence went borderline to illegal to illegal but barely grazing. 3 attempted illegal strikes.

How is this a debate?

He THREW an illegal knee

His knee graze his head dude, so it indeed landed.

The striking sequence went borderline to illegal to illegal but barely grazing. 3 attempted illegal strikes.

I don't know what the best course of action is though.

I do think Stephens earned his win, and I don't think taking this win away sets a good precedent.

But what happened wasn't following the rules completely. Taking away money would be an insult to all parties.

He is correct though. The referee has to call it or it is not illegal. That is why the referee is there. That video was basically four minutes of DC trying to lecture Cruz to his point. I thought Cruz handled himself extremely well actually.

Dc is arguing for the sake of arguing. Is he a snowflake? The knee barely touched him. Hence why the ref didnt' stop the action. It looked like it Didnt land but it did graze him. Who cares? The rules are stupid anyway. Allow knees to the head on the ground.

Dc is arguing for the sake of arguing. Is he a snowflake? The knee barely touched him. Hence why the ref didnt' stop the action. It looked like it Didnt land but it did graze him. Who cares? The rules are stupid anyway. Allow knees to the head on the ground.

Yes DC appeared very angry with Cruz that he was not coming around to his point. I mean that is his teammate but the knee did not land.

I don't know what the best course of action is though.

I do think Stephens earned his win, and I don't think taking this win away sets a good precedent.

But what happened wasn't following the rules completely. Taking away money would be an insult to all parties.
I don’t think anything should be changed Emmett only got this fight and his higher ranking after coming in overweight against Lamas so it kind of equals out. He won’t drop in the rankings much if at all.

I don’t think anything should be changed Emmett only got this fight and his higher ranking after coming in overweight against Lamas so it kind of equals out. He won’t drop in the rankings much if at all.

I agree, but that's not a great reason either lol

Back