Opinion Why are people angry at white privilege being real?

This post has literally nothing to do with my post you quoted.

Yea I'd like to see whites face the hurdles of having so many organizations cater to them, or have the govt lower the bar for them, out give them special privileges

Thats what happens when you take the carrot and leave only the stick.

Blacks and coloured could never aspire to the "cool kids club", even the brownest mexican can aspire to marry up into the "cool kids club".

First thing that Hugo Chavez did when he got power is marry white.

He probably married the first girl drunk. She's ugly AF

Yea I'd like to see whites face the hurdles of having so many organizations cater to them, or have the govt lower the bar for them, out give them special privileges

What on earth are you going on about. Make some sense here please.

White privilege in the end is about aesthetics.

I don't agree with this at all, and frankly I'm kind of shocked that you believe it to be true. White identity's correlation and conflation with social and economic power ==/== some objectively appreciable aesthetic. It's not about aesthetics: it's about economic heritage. That's the only reason why white skin carries value anywhere.

If your lines of reasoning was to be believed, the commodification of ultra-whiteness would be apparent within a white society like the United States, which it definitely is not: hence why we have a ginger-born president who fake tans his skin so as to not look pale. In modern white cultures, white complexion is associated with sloth, immasculinity, and sickness.

donald-trump-posing-in-black-young.jpg

25brody-master768.jpg

Wasnt miss south africa high yella?
Coulda swore there was an uproar behind her not being "black" enough

The movie skool daze articulates my point very well.

The current Miss South Africa is white. The previous one was black, it was the the one before that who was coloured. I don't really pay attention to beauty pagents, but there probably was an uproar about the non-black winners, as we're a majority black nation (same reason that there was disappointment that the South African Miss Universe is white).
Unfortunately, black South Africans are ridiculously poverty-stricken, which one might expect to negatively impact the demographic's rate of success in beauty contests.

Anyway, I'm actually trying to figure out if you legitimately think that a lighter skin tone is considered more attractive here, rather than European features? The black winners of Miss South Africa couldn't really be defined by light skin, so much as by the fact that they have classically "European" facial features - high cheekbones and the like.

Our most loved public figures, most celebrated music artists and most lusted after celebrities are almost exclusively black. Miss South Africa seems like a really odd yardstick to use considering that the winner kind of has to be chosen with the likelihood of her winning Miss World/Universe kept in mind.

Again, I am not disputing the idea of white privilege in South Africa (though it is not something enjoyed by all whites and, by my definition of it, it is largely negated by affirmative action and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment [B-BBEE] practices).
I know that I have certainly enjoyed advantages based on presumptions about my competence - this is intensified, in fact, by B-BBEE - but that is largely based on the success associated with the culture of my European ancestry, not specifically the pale tone of my skin.

And again, what do you think the "native tone" of South Africa is?

Last edited:
The current Miss South Africa is white. The previous one was black, it was the the one before that who was coloured. I don't really pay attention to beauty pagents, but there probably was an uproar about the non-black winners, as we're a majority black nation (same reason that there was disappointment that the South African Miss Universe is white).
Unfortunately, black South Africans are ridiculously poverty-stricken, which one might expect to negatively impact the demographic's rate of success in beauty contests.

Anyway, I'm actually trying to figure out if you legitimately think that a lighter skin tone is considered more attractive here, rather than European features? The black winners of Miss South Africa couldn't really be defined by light skin, so much as by the fact that they have classically "European" facial features - high cheekbones and the like.

Our most loved public figures, most celebrated music artists and most lusted after celebrities are almost exclusively black. Miss South Africa seems like a really odd yardstick to use considering that the winner kind of has to be chosen with the likelihood of her winning Miss World/Universe kept in mind.

Again, I am not disputing the idea of white privilege in South Africa (though it is not something enjoyed by all whites and, by my definition of it, it is largely negated by affirmative action and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment [B-BBEE] practices).
I know that I have certainly enjoyed advantages based on presumptions about my competence - this is intensified, in fact, by B-BBEE - but that is largely based on the success associated with that culture of my European ancestry, not specifically the pale tone of my skin.

And again, what do you think the "native tone" of South Africa is?

Dark complexion.

Dark complexion.

And is this a "dark complexion"?:

Khoisan-woman-with-baby-in-sling-600x399.jpg

Because these are native South Africans, and they're not any darker than the coloured woman you referred to as a "high yella".
They were also almost wiped out by invaders of both darker and lighter complexions.

They can't accept that white people don't hold all the power anymore. They still hold most of it but not all.

Wanna know who has power? Look to those who you can't criticize.

If white men have all the power then why are the criticized endlessly?

Because people interpret it as saying that you’re only successful because of your skin color. People like me who grew up with not a whole lot in Appalachia, busted their ass and made something of their self tend to get a little pissy when we are told our success is based on race.

Come to the small town that I grew up in and I’ll show you all about “white privilege” where families can barely pay their gas bill and some don’t even have electricity.

Because people interpret it as saying that you’re only successful because of your skin color. People like me who grew up with not a whole lot in Appalachia, busted their ass and made something of their self tend to get a little pissy when we are told our success is based on race.

Come to the small town that I grew up in and I’ll show you all about “white privilege” where families can barely pay their gas bill and some don’t even have electricity.
Do you also get pissed off when they tell you that your successful because you were born in the first world?

Sorry bro, but we are all privileged, me included......Privileged just means you're blessed.

Yes you're blessed to be white in America.....Does it mean, you will be a billionaire? no, but its a step up from people looking down on you because of your skin.

We will never be a post racial society. Ever. You can’t go one day without someone discussing what race a person is, or their sex, or sexual orientation. And it’s not the people you think-the white male bigots. It’s the other side that seems so preoccupied with those things.

Hollywood is the biggest offender. Everything is about race, or even the absence of white males being involved in a project. They are so concerned with having a female/Black director/actor-but they have no issue with having a white male produce that shit, and in the rare instances where they have a female/black production team-they had to try so damn hard to exclude white males at every turn, that it baffles me that it is not only accepted, but applauded as an accomplishment. “Hey! Gold star for you, you were discriminatory!”

I really don’t care who directs a movie I want to see. I have my favorites, of course, but I don’t avoid or go out of my way to watch or not watch something because of the race or sex of the people involved, but when it is so clearly obvious that someone like me is not welcome, well, I think I will just kee my money, or if I do decide to watch, say black panther some day, that shit will be pirated, beyotch! And maybe that is how people of color and women felt about that particular cesspool of an industry-that they were not welcome to the white old man’s club for so long, that now they are lashing out at everything white or male, and that shit is not fair to the millions of white males not involved in the money and power scene. But, hey, I have that whole white privilege thing going for me, which is nice.

How are we ever supposed to move past this shit when they are so clearly obsessed with race/sex? So while they are so concerned with breaking some glass ceiling, they are putting up a brick wall.

Do you also get pissed off when they tell you that your successful because you were born in the first world?

Sorry bro, but we are all privileged, me included......Privileged just means you're blessed.

Yes you're blessed to be white in America.....Does it mean, you will be a billionaire? no, but its a step up from people looking down on you because of your skin.

Nah I actually agree with you. That’s why I get upset when people talk about how they’ve had such an unfair shake in life. Some people are better set up for success than others, but you can either feel sorry for yourself or do something about it.

Or a product exclusively of American origin? anyone in Mexico will tell you that having white skin is better than brown, and in 2017 a study demonstrate the obvious.

Being white is strongly correlated to education and wealth.

http://www.latinorebels.com/2017/06...co-white-mexicans-richer-and-more-successful/

That's one of the reasons i also chuckle at the white genocide crowd, whites becoming a minority will only make whites more desirable, as it happen in most of latin America.

Do you chuckle at the white genocide crowd in South Africa where being a minority is working out so awesome for them?

It's all about certain demographics and interest groups who hate white people, politicians pander to them for votes and donations. It's a simple as that. At least people are waking up, can see it for what it is and are pushing back.

Make the same thread but replace the word white with Jewish and see how long it lasts.

Because it obviously implies that people didn't earn their success at life, winners don't like to be told by bitter bum losers that they didn't earn their successes

There are plenty of countries free from terrible white people and their inherent, evil privilege. So instead of complaining, why not move to one of them?

It's BS. I have white immigrant parents. They weren't given anything. My Dad was drafted as soon as he got here. We had to fight our way through the Bronx.

My thing is if you're lazy own it. Stop inventing excuses.

Back