What's the best STEAK you ever had? Did YOU cook? Restaurant? Someone you know?

Best would probably Ruth Chris or Joes Stone Crab.

I cooked myself a steak the other day that came out beautifully. Super hot cast iron pan, 30 seconds each side, place in broiler for another 2-4 minutes, let rest. Boom!

What cut did you use? I need to try this soon.

best ever was steaks I cooked.
triple trimmed filet mignon.
5 mins on each side on a charcoal grill
6b3e674038e81e0252f6654c2beb070c--gourmet-gifts-food-gifts.jpg

to die for

Sampled a few slices of some A5 Waygu in LA. Made my bone-in Ribeye seem plain. :(

Not really a steak but the best cut of beef I had was in gyukatsu in Japan. I think somebody on this forum recommended the restaurant to me. I didn't even cook the beef on the stone tablet and just ate it rare.

You realized you said this directly after a hipstery post of your own

Lol @ thinking reverse searing and smoking meat is hipster. 2 million years of modern humans and 5 billion people currently using those methods would be something I'd consider mainstream...

Tenderloin on my grill.

I had a NY Strip steak topped with Dungeness crab at the Seattle Hilton.

It was heavenly. I asked for the chef and I had to congratulate him on it. First and only time I've ever done that.

Ruth's Chris is the best I've had an I've had a lot

I HatchetHarry'd (cooked outside because I'm so fucking rich and classy) a Porterhouse last week. So goo.

Lol @ thinking reverse searing and smoking meat is hipster. 2 million years of modern humans and 5 billion people currently using those methods would be something I'd consider mainstream...
Yet you consider a venison steak to be Hipster?

Back