Jose Aldo says Edgar fighting Ortega on late notice was 'biggest mistake'

wait a few more months so you could get your shit pushed in by holloway instead?

Well, Frankie did take a risk and came up short. It happens. He's 36 and is no spring chicken either.

I think Frankie thought, "If I'm champ, I'm gonna have to face this guy anyway, might as well do it now" and it didn't work out for him.

RESPECT to Edgar though. If he can rack up 3 or so solid wins he's back in the title picture.

Fuck anyone and everyone saying Edgar fighting Ortega was a mistake. Fighters are supposed to fight.

I dont understand this thinking....

Even if Frankie waited, then won the title later....at some point, he would have to fight Ortega....why wait, if you are the best, you would win regardless.
Pay check would be very different

Edgar should have fought him at 155, so he didn't lose his spot for a title.

Even if Frankie waited, then won the title later....at some point, he would have to fight Ortega....why wait, if you are the best, you would win regardless.

Its about taking a strategic approach to your career/life in order to maximize results.

Its quite a useful thing.....putting a modicum of thought into your actions , you should try it.

Edgar meanwhile, was classy in defeat.

Instead of making excuses or playing the woulda coulda shoulda game, Frankie takes it like a man and promises to rebound strong.

Hard not to be a Frankie Edgar fan.

Yeah, I'm glad he didn't say any "inefficient with my energy, bigger man" type bullshit.

Yeah but he would have still had the Holloway fight (which he'd likely have lost) and earned a lot more presumably. Of course his rep would take a slight hit but financially waiting was the smarter play. Not complaining though, its better for us fans if fighters don't always make decisions that are in their best interests financially.

Edgar is such a stud. It was hard to see him get popped like that
In true Sherdogger fashion I felt like he should have seen that coming, why did he set himself up like that. Of course, this was all from the comfort of my couch eating pizza. Arguing with friends who were also drunk and crushing gross food. Sherdogger gonna Sherdog

Aldo knows all about making big mistakes doesn’t he? Lol

Frankie needing to get paid probably had something to do with him accepting the fight.

He does have a wife and like 3/4 kids to feed.
Does the kid have like 4 dads so Frankie only has to pay for a quarter of everything? That's awesome.. :)

Back