Jose Aldo says Edgar fighting Ortega on late notice was 'biggest mistake'

Aldo FW GOAT.
Top 5 p4p all time. Understands the changes in the sport and is realistic.

Unless it has to do with his career...then it's salty Aldo with delusions and excuses galore.

Edgar meanwhile, was classy in defeat.

Instead of making excuses or playing the woulda coulda shoulda game, Frankie takes it like a man and promises to rebound strong.

Hard not to be a Frankie Edgar fan.

I agree. And as much as I respect Aldo, his opinion on how active Frankie should be is moot - Aldo has been the model of inactivity, partly due to his dangerous training methods, and partly due to only wanting to fight when he wanted to.

Well, Frankie did take a risk and came up short. It happens. He's 36 and is no spring chicken either.

I think Frankie thought, "If I'm champ, I'm gonna have to face this guy anyway, might as well do it now" and it didn't work out for him.

RESPECT to Edgar though. If he can rack up 3 or so solid wins he's back in the title picture.
Two would be enough for him to be honest. Who else is there that's close? Ortega has the next TS, and Stephens is close to the TS after that. Edgar can blast through Swanson again and then fight Elkins in a TS eliminator after that, for example. Both winnable fights.

Aldo is smart for Brazilians and Brazil not soo much for rest of world. Conor surprises him and not learning English language all those years

Unless it has to do with his career...then it's salty Aldo with delusions and excuses galore.

or maybe that was the press constantly asking about mcgregor and blowing quotes out of context for 140char Twitter headlines?

Instead of making excuses or playing the woulda coulda shoulda game, Frankie takes it like a man and promises to rebound strong.

True, but it doesn’t do any good for his career. White won’t necessarily reward a guy who saves a card.

How different would Gray Maynard's career have been had he earned the decision at UFC 125? I recall that Gray had Frankie rocked and falling all over the place but didn't get a 10-8 round in one or two of the rounds.

I dont understand this thinking....

Even if Frankie waited, then won the title later....at some point, he would have to fight Ortega....why wait, if you are the best, you would win regardless.

Beautifully said...if your a fighter fight..if your the best Time and place dont matter.. Frankie was doing well but he got caught by a much much bigger opponent..this happens..better to have tried and failed then never to fought and sit on sidelines getting rusty and be a keyboard warrior like you know who ..

no respect for massive weight cutters

100% this is true. With exception of the Conor KO, Aldo has also always been classy in victory and defeat. Watch him and his coach after both Max losses. Super classy. Max was super classy as well in victory. Big fan of all 3.

True, but it doesn’t do any good for his career. White won’t necessarily reward a guy who saves a card.
Dana has a history of punishing those who don't play ball though... especially with regards to saving his cards

Condor McGregor was never KTFO’d, bum.
Lol he's never been in anyone knowledgeable that's serious goat discussion. You can't avoid fights and he the goat. You can't avoid defending belts and be a goat. Hes not even in contention at 145 155 over all he's not even in talks man. Stop sniffing glue

Lol he's never been in anyone knowledgeable that's serious goat discussion. You can't avoid fights and he the goat. You can't avoid defending belts and be a goat. Hes not even in contention at 145 155 over all he's not even in talks man. Stop sniffing glue
naw fam
KTFOd Waldo the so-called P4P #1 and the LW Champ and legend Alvarez. He best. He GOAT!!!

naw fam
KTFOd Waldo the so-called P4P #1 and the LW Champ and legend Alvarez. He best. He GOAT!!!
Lol nah man. I get it's all an opinion but if you've been around the sport long enough you would understand better where I'm coming from in saying he's no where's near it yet. He has a chance to steal it for sure. But I can't see it happening. Made to much money to care about fightinf.long enough to take the goat title

Lol nah man. I get it's all an opinion but if you've been around the sport long enough you would understand better where I'm coming from in saying he's no where's near it yet. He has a chance to steal it for sure. But I can't see it happening. Made to much money to care about fightinf.long enough to take the goat title
Brah
I was trolling, chill
GOAT is GSP

Back