Boxing site calls for Brendan Schaub to be fired

WTF is wrong with people....

Seems like Schaub said something stupid and offensive. Yves and Bryant got pissed and justifiably so. Schaub apologized and should have left it at that. He instead said that he perceived Yves' intense reaction to the comments as some sort of insecurity on his own part (presumably some type of overcompensation- feel you're not doing a good enough job so you get ultra-defensive when someone denigrates the panel).

At the end of the day, I think the whole thing can be defused and deflated but Schaub has to just stop talking because I think he will dig himself deeper. Definitely seems like certain things are being blown out of proportion but I admit I don't know the entire back and forth of the story.

Also

If it was the opposite would white people create a petition in order to fire somebody?

Schaub not racist, the guy just isn't very self aware.

Said something but he meant something else and then when it was brought up instead of just leaving it after throwing his hands up and saying sorry he did the same thing.

If he doesn't just leave it alone he's gonna just keep digging himself deeper, the guy isn't equipped to explain himself in this situation without offending people.

This is not the proper way to handle this! Just give him Ngannou so we can have another Schaub-getting-KOed-glorious-GIF

Shutdown Schaub threw himself under the bus, by saying something completely retarded.

I'm not really into trying to get people fired for saying dumb things, but there is no question he opened the door for this kinda thing by saying something so stupid.

It was really dumb and offensive. I mean, imagine the way things could have been different if Schaub, in his dissatisfaction with that particular lineup- just said something like, I think there are better analysts out there. That iteration on the broadcast is not my favorite.

The only thing I know about the issue is That Schaub is a moron.

So It could vary to him simply saying something out of ignorance or being completely oblivious to the situation at hand.
Either way....IDC.

Schaub not racist, the guy just isn't very self aware.

Said something but he meant something else and then when it was brought up instead of just leaving it after throwing his hands up and saying sorry he did the same thing.

If he doesn't just leave it alone he's gonna just keep digging himself deeper, the guy isn't equipped to explain himself in this situation without offending people.

Exactly how I perceive it.

It was really dumb and offensive. I mean, imagine the way things could have been different if Schaub, in his dissatisfaction with that particular lineup- just said something like, I think there are better analysts out there. That iteration on the broadcast is not my favorite.

The ironic thing is, Woodley & Yves are far better analysts than Schaub, whose fight breakdowns are usually terrible. They usually just consist of him spouting the same few catchphrases over and over, with complete bonehead confidence acting like he is definitely right, acts like people with a different opinion are morons or not 'experts' like him, and then he sweeps it under the rug when he gets something way wrong. I would much rather listen to Woodley and Yves break down an upcoming matchup than Schaub.

honestly i think the way he said it was retarded but he wasn't wrong.. the fuck does karyn bryant and yves edwards need to be on a panel for?

Karyn isn't really that bad. She's been covering the sport since the begining of the TUF era and was working almost independent with her husband before she join the fox/ufc team.

Yves is bad but him being black has nothing to do with him being there. He's just trying to transition to life after fighting

Last edited:
Interesting that Hashad would retweet that though. TUF 10, Schaub was Evans' goldenboy for sure.

I do like TUF 10 because one of the more amusing things was seeing Roy's DGAF, there for himself attitude run afoul of Rashad and Trevor Wittman only for Roy to then win the big one. I thought that was pretty gratifying.

I distinctly remember when Wittman and Rashad were lacing into Roy about him not following instructions and Wittman's like, "Roy, do you want to get knocked out again like you did against Arlvoski," as though to imply that if he didn't follow Wittman's coaching, that would happen.

Rubbed me the wrong way so even though I liked Schaub on the show, it was pretty awesome to see Roy beat him as I viewed it as the outsider guy beating Evans' and Trevor's prospect.

honestly i think the way he said it was retarded but he wasn't wrong.. the fuck does karyn bryant and yves edwards need to be on a panel for?

Got any people in mind that applied for the job that you know of?

Like, people assume the commentators they have are stealing the roles from better and more qualified options that.. probably don't actually exist.

This is all very hilarious. Schaub seems like a genuinely dislikeable guy given the way he acts on his podcast and around anyone who can't do anything for him. Callen is not in a position to help him anymore, but people like D'Elia, Rogan, and numerous other up and comers are and he never has a cross word to say to them.

The fuck outta here with that shit Rashad ya wank.

WAR ANTHONY SMITH!!!!!

Rashad "shares" everything on Facebook. He's probably just posting it as he would post a news article, not necessarily that he's petitioning for Schaub to be fired.

The ironic thing is, Woodley & Yves are far better analysts than Schaub, whose fight breakdowns are usually terrible. They usually just consist of him spouting the same few catchphrases over and over, with complete bonehead confidence acting like he is definitely right, acts like people with a different opinion are morons or not 'experts' like him, and then he sweeps it under the rug when he gets something way wrong. I would much rather listen to Woodley and Yves break down an upcoming matchup than Schaub.

Oh, big time. Schaub is more of a personality than an analyst. Guys like Cruz, Bis, Woodley, Yves, Florini, Hardy, DC, Mir, etc do a damn good job of breaking down aspects of a given fight. I think they also can make these things very relateable to viewers who are less familiar with mma.

When Schaub talks about a fight, I feel it's like more about the contextual factors outside the cage and the "braaaaaah how badass is that fucking dude?" As you said there is also a rigidity there whereby he seems to be hyperfocused on the fighters that he really likes and conveniently backpedals after an outcome is different than the way he adamantly saw it.

That said, I find him to be entertaining at times when he and Rogan do the MMA Show.

I hate how the first impulse is always to come after someone's job.

I hate how the first impulse is always to come after someone's job.

It wasn't the first impulse. Schaub had multiple chances to not fuck up and he kept fucking up.

Plus, what the fuck? Schaubs entire racially charged comment was coming after Yves, Woodley's, and Karyn's job.

Last edited:
The haircut and what comes out of his mouth, I don't know how anyone would hire him for analysis to begin with.

Back