• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v9: Raptors - Contenders or Pretenders?

How far do the craps go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
idk, i think in 2v2 Harden gonna defend much harder.

he really just doesnt give big effort on the defensive end most times. He just tries to guide his man into help.

i still cant see making a 2v2 squad with every team and not putting this years MVP on it.... you dont find that ridiculous??
no not at all

b/c I would NEVER put Steve Nash on any 2 on 2 team i'd want to win, and he won it twice.....
I likely wouldn't put my boy Dirk on a team like this either, he's not guarding anyone

being a 1 on 1 or 2 on2 is nothing like being a team player

no not at all

b/c I would NEVER put Steve Nash on any 2 on 2 team i'd want to win, and he won it twice.....
I likely wouldn't put my boy Dirk on a team like this either, he's not guarding anyone

being a 1 on 1 or 2 on2 is nothing like being a team player

hate to break it to you but Nash didnt deserve 2 MVPs and he isnt half the offensive player Harden is.

I know you will quote me a bunch of 50/40/90 nonsense and not realize the context of the type of shots each player takes. You do the same thing with scrubs like Middleton when comparing them to DeKobe. How much more difficult step back 3s, and1s with contact, etc etc Harden takes than Nash could ever dream of but its true. Nash is nothing compared to Harden when it comes to scoring and in 2v2 scoring is big. Whats Nash gonna do rack up assists?? lol

This is a Canadian telling you this, trust me i got love for Nash.

I am a relatively new fan to basketball. I had no idea my 2v2 question would get so many interesting replies. So on this topic I have another question: in which instance would "speed" play more of a role, in full team play or 2v2 ? By speed I guess I just mean running speed.

What is kind of funny is I turned on to NBA this season for a kind off-the-wall reason. I am a big Elon Musk / Rocket tech fan and just as a joke I was saying to a friend pre-Falcon Heavy launch that it would be cool if the Houston Rockets went all the way this year (not even realizing they were hot). So I started watching NBA and got hooked all of a sudden.

For anyone interested, Reddit has a few 2v2 NBA inquiries.

hate to break it to you but Nash didnt deserve 2 MVPs and he isnt half the offensive player Harden is.

I know you will quote me a bunch of 50/40/90 nonsense and not realize the context of the type of shots each player takes. You do the same thing with scrubs like Middleton when comparing them to DeKobe. How much more difficult step back 3s, and1s with contact, etc etc Harden takes than Nash could ever dream of but its true. Nash is nothing compared to Harden when it comes to scoring and in 2v2 scoring is big. Whats Nash gonna do rack up assists?? lol

michael-jordan-lol.gif

Last edited:

again i'd disagree a bit here
he's shorter yes, and a lil bit slower (Nash was actually much quicker than he looked, he went by people at will) but he's also one of the greatest shooters ever, Period. He was a 49/43/90 guy FOR HIS CAREER. In fact he was arguably the greatest shooter ever until Curry came in, depending on how much people hold volume to be valuable in terms of Reggie Miller and Bird and others. When you have his level of handles/quickness AND can shoot with any open space you cause major problems. nash wasn't Steve Kerr or Novak ffs

less than half of Nash's 3pt attempts for his career were assisted (49.4% for the years that data is available, for reference Klay is 93.8% and even Curry is at 61%), remember he was the passer/PG so he wasn't benefiting the same as say Joe Johnson or Marion were, he's an elite shooter any way you look at it
edit: he's also the BEST i've ever seen at maintaining his dribble, particularly while going through the pt and out the other side baseline....this is crucial for getting headfakes and heso's to create space or time for the other player to cut.....I already said i wouldn't pick Nash, but offense certainly isn't the reason haha

Last edited:
Oh cool. NBA talk on an mma forum.

Favorite players:

Latrell
Kevin
RW
Iverson

RR and Lumi going at it in the OT lol. Just saw it.

2 v 2 team would all depend on the rules in place. Everything counts as 1? 3's? Losers/winners ball? Actual NBA fouls? Call your own fouls?

And lmao at ang blending in.

I'm sold on them. I think they make the Finals this year.

@Revolver is going to add a poll when he gets on today.

I would favour the craps over the cans in a series if it weren't for the friendly-rigged.

Saints/Pels owner Tom Benson passed away at 90 today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back