Is USA the best country to live in?

OP sounds like a pussy.

You won't make it in the US. We roll hard up in here.

If you're from a poor family I imagine Canada and some of the western European countries would be optimal. If you're middle class or above America is probably the best.

I keep seeing this whole "you can be fired for no reason" thing being thrown around, but for the life of me I can't remember a single time I've seen it, or known someone that's seen it themselves.

As others have said, it's not cost effective to fire people without a good reason. Training new people takes time and costs money, most employers would rather put up with some minor bullshit than eat those costs if they can avoid it. Plus if a company does it, word spreads and they will struggle to bring in good people because who the fuck wants to work for a company that does that shit? Nobody worth a damn, thats who.

Employees in the US actually have a ton of protections from both state and federal levels to prevent employer abuse. And when employers don't follow those rules, there are several avenues ranging from official government channels to outright lawsuits to punish the employers for doing it. It's not some dystopia where every moment of every working day you have to worry about being fired because your boss has the sniffles and takes it out on you. Does it happen? Sure, it's a big country and some places are shit. But plenty more don't allow that kind of thing and actively discourage it for a number of damn good reasons.

In the end if you're a good employee that doesn't fuck around to much and gets your job done it's a safe bet that outside of a company going belly up or downsizing your job is pretty safe.

i think japan is best country. people i meet who have been said it is the best country they ever been, no like drug issues, homeless, gangs and religion of peace, violence, guns everywhere, etc.

Other than the sky-high rate of male suicide, the epidemic of schoolgirl sexual assault and the unapologetic racism, Japan is a dream destination.

As a teen I also wanted to move and live in US. My views changed overtime though.
Fuck that shit mang.

You come on over to Michigan. It's all Labatts Light and La Hot Babes. And then there's the weed (it's fucking everywhere).

BL_duo_2_medium.jpg

Lol. Sure if you love having that thing as President. Sure if you love racism. Sure if your thing is butting in in every other conutry and their business. Sure if you like to separate immigrants from their families for no reason and sending them to places they hardly know. Sure if you like a place where the police murder minorities while others stand by and cheer

You left out the indignity of having to watch professional athletes take a knee during the national anthem.

There is that global stereotype that living in USA is a dream of every person in the world (or at least poor to middle class). Standard of life, healthcare, everything on high level.
not really. it used to be the dream that people with a lower quality of life could come to the US, work hard, and live better. That doesnt mean that it's the best. just the barrier for migrant entry in some other countries is likely much higher.

i often hear sweden brought up when it comes to QOL

God no. Huge swaths of our population live in miserable survivalist squalor, working 50 hours a week for $7.50/hr just to be told that they're lazy. Or they make the (economically rational) choice to sling dope, perhaps because they see the demand and think they can do the job more peaceably than others, at which point they're not only lazy - they're evil as well.

Others spends their whole nest eggs or salaries on their dying kids or dying parents.

On the other hand, if you're dumb, but lucky enough to be born into decent wealth or with decent opportunity, you can then (like many posters here) delude yourself into thinking that you're super smart and harder working than all those lazy fast food schmucks, etc.

Depends on what part of the USA you're talking about.we're massive. you want tall skyscrapers traffic City Life? How about living on a small farm with 5 Acres? Maybe you like suburban cities with a 3 bed 2 bath 2000 square ft house? Maybe you want an efficiency near the mountains..maybe a house on the beach? Do I enjoy snow or swimming more?

That's the beautiful thing about the USA, the options I have..

To your and @Seano's perspectives: in none of those cities/regions/etc. will you not live a life of misery and undue hardship should you develop or contract a disease before or upon arrival, before you can purchase health insurance.

If you're sick, dumb, or unlucky, the US is a contradictory land of despair and condescension.

Employment at will isn't something to be afraid of.

Unless you're a complete piece of shit.

It's almost never beneficial for an employer to fire someone, "Just because". In fact, they'd likely protect your job and give you extra chances, just because it's more cost effective to keep you than train someone new.

The only people I've known in my life to be fired, in 14 years of working - were people who did crazy things. I knew a girl who was fired for stealing TV's from Best Buy, basically letting her boyfriend "pretend" to pay for shit, and walking out of the store. (Before they had the guy checking receipts at the door)

Don't do anything criminal, or crazy, and show up to work, and you'll likely never get fired. And even if you do in America, we have what's called Unempoyment Benefits - which basically is a "Pay you and help you find a new job" program.
Retail, sure. But from what I've seen in the white collar world, getting someone ranking above you interested in your termination usually ends poorly. Oftentimes, though, it's "shit on them until they quit."

God no. Huge swaths of our population live in miserable survivalist squalor, working 50 hours a week for $7.50/hr just to be told that they're lazy. Or they make the (economically rational) choice to sling dope, perhaps because they see the demand and think they can do the job more peaceably than others, at which point they're not only lazy - they're evil as well.

Others spends their whole nest eggs or salaries on their dying kids or dying parents.

On the other hand, if you're dumb, but lucky enough to be born into decent wealth or with decent opportunity, you can then (like many posters here) delude yourself into thinking that you're super smart and harder working than all those lazy fast food schmucks, etc.

To your and @Seano's perspectives: in none of those cities/regions/etc. will you not live a life of misery and undue hardship should you develop or contract a disease before or upon arrival, before you can purchase health insurance.

If you're sick, dumb, or unlucky, the US is a contradictory land of despair and condescension.
Much bitter, very woe

God no. Huge swaths of our population live in miserable survivalist squalor, working 50 hours a week for $7.50/hr just to be told that they're lazy. Or they make the (economically rational) choice to sling dope, perhaps because they see the demand and think they can do the job more peaceably than others, at which point they're not only lazy - they're evil as

In reality there are very few countries where you live a quality life being sick dumb or unlucky

God no. Huge swaths of our population live in miserable survivalist squalor, working 50 hours a week for $7.50/hr just to be told that they're lazy.

In 2016 there were 701,000 workers who earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.

Far from "huge swath" of workers. We have like 125 million in workforce. That's about .06% of the workforce.

Odds of being in a school shooting are equal to what a shake attack? I’ll remember to be afraid

You wouldn't have to be afraid of those shakes if you stopped fucking eating.

There is that global stereotype that living in USA is a dream of every person in the world (or at least poor to middle class). Standard of life, healthcare, everything on high level.

As a teen I also wanted to move and live in US. My views changed overtime though.

The one of the biggest issues for me would be living in a fear that people with different mental states are allowed to carry guns. The last thing you want is being caught in some psycho mall/cinema/school shootout, or just get mugged on the street at night in a wrong neighbourhood.

Europe got the same problem with all these 3rd world scumbags coming in, not working, raping and mugging people. If I had a say I would hang all PC politicians responsible for it, turning this beautiful continent into cesspool. Not so long ago If you travelled to Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, to any city and street, the chances that you would get assaulted are much much lower unlike the US, especially that guns are banned.

Another issue for me would be job security. US got something called Employment At Will. That means you can have your job this week, loans taken for new car, house, whatever. And next week you find yourself without a job under reason 'just because'. In Europe however, employer need to give a reason to dismiss you, and it has to be a proper reason which he can prove. Firing you because you screwed your boss daughter is off the table.

That's probably 2 main issues I would have. Myself I been travelling a bit around Europe and in terms of culture of specific country I would have no issue to accommodate to.
dont worry if someone tries to rape or mug you i will shoot them with my gun.

The one of the biggest issues for me would be living in a fear that people with different mental states are allowed to carry guns. The last thing you want is being caught in some psycho mall/cinema/school shootout, or just get mugged on the street at night in a wrong neighbourhood.

Europe got the same problem with all these 3rd world scumbags coming in, not working, raping and mugging people. If I had a say I would hang all PC politicians responsible for it, turning this beautiful continent into cesspool. Not so long ago If you travelled to Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, to any city and street, the chances that you would get assaulted are much much lower unlike the US, especially that guns are banned.

Another issue for me would be job security. US got something called Employment At Will. That means you can have your job this week, loans taken for new car, house, whatever. And next week you find yourself without a job under reason 'just because'. In Europe however, employer need to give a reason to dismiss you, and it has to be a proper reason which he can prove. Firing you because you screwed your boss daughter is off the table.

That's probably 2 main issues I would have. Myself I been travelling a bit around Europe and in terms of culture of specific country I would have no issue to accommodate to.
No, it's horrible. Keep your daughter fucking ass across the pond mate.

Ever thought somewhere in north europe

North europeans are doing all they can to ruin it though

Back