Is USA the best country to live in?

This is my response to "Is USA the best country in the world". I just so happen to be biased because I live in a foreign country (Australia), but I would like to share my experience of travelling your incredible country in July last year.

I met non-stop awesome people who were outrageously helpful and kind, even if sometimes they thought my accent was French (or British or who knows where)! Thank you all for allowing me to visit your country and helping me have such an awesome time. You truly do have an amazing country and should be proud of it.

I've taken a single photo from each city out of the many hundreds I took.

My first stop: San Francisco during 4th of July celebrations. Photo is of the flags at the Lone Sailor Memorial, next to the Golden Gate Bridge.

hYwoobz.jpg

Next: Las Vegas during international fight week. Photo is of the Grand Canyon by helicopter. We landed inside and drank champagne.

aEuEbPq.jpg

Next: Boston. Did all the historic bits and the photo is in Fenway Park, Red Sox v Yankees.

Su4UTni.jpg

Up Next: New York. It felt like everything (good and bad) I had pictured it from the movies. Here is Central Park which really was a beautiful place surrounded by the city itself.

Y6hOFZy.jpg

Second Last: Philadelphia. More historic interest to me. Pictured is when I saw Slayer at the Electric Factory.

mMMFULp.jpg

Last: Washington DC. Amazing. I didn't have enough time and I have to go back. The National Mall was much larger than I expected and it was simply beautiful. Pictured is the Marine Memorial on the backdrop of the Washington Monument and Congress. Everywhere in the National Mall was incredible. I was also lucky enough to see the silent Marines conduct their drills/performance at the Marine memorial.

f6iRorh.jpg

Im glad you had a great time visiting the states.

Thank you for the kind words.

Most Americans are good people, and while a lot of us puff our chests online at other nations, it's often in good fun.

Glad you had a good time here.

Despite our shit politicians, we really are a great country founded on great ideals.

Safe travels to you mate.

Glad you had a great time.

Next time try and get out of the cities and see some of the rural areas you will have a great time.

Awesome? Yes!!! The best? Nope. I’ve traveled extensively and it’s definitky not the greatest. Was it at one point? Maybe. You can blame the decline of the county on the greed machine...the Democrats and Republicans.

Most people are good people wherever you go. It's just the people at the top that can make it really shitty by abusing power/brainwashing.

I have always gotten on well with Americans.

As an Aussie i know our two countries have each others backs.

You bring the guns, we will being the beer.

Can't beat Slayer at the Electric Factory. Think when I saw them there it was with Mastodon.

I plan on coming back!

Go to the national parks. They are the best thing about visiting this country. Looks like you got a taste of the grand canyon. One of the only things most Americans agree about, and yet still gets next to nothing when it comes to funding.

I have always gotten on well with Americans.

As an Aussie i know our two countries have each others backs.

You bring the guns, we will being the beer.

Beer? Ha! Can you bring some fine Aussie poon instead?

What area in the country was you favorite?

It was really hard to pick a favourite moment, every place I went to had a dozen very strong memories I will never forget. It was probably early on when the excitement of being overseas was at its highest and the absolute freedom to do whatever I wanted and not be confined to all the real world stresses of being back home; re: work and money etc.

For that reason when I rode a bike along the shoreline of San Francisco it was an unbelievably liberating experience. That might sound strange considering just how many great places I visited but it was pretty special.

As OldShadow suggested I would like to see more of the countryside on another journey, though it would be somewhat distant. Perhaps the Appalachians?

Can't beat Slayer at the Electric Factory. Think when I saw them there it was with Mastodon.

They had Behemoth and Lamb of God supporting them. I'd seen Lamb of God before and they were solid as always, but Behemoth put on a really damn good show. Loved it. Would love to see Mastodon at some stage too

I agree, America is pretty awesome. Glad you enjoyed yourself bud, come back and spend money anytime.

This is my response to "Is USA the best country in the world". I just so happen to be biased because I live in a foreign country (Australia), but I would like to share my experience of travelling your incredible country in July last year.

I met non-stop awesome people who were outrageously helpful and kind, even if sometimes they thought my accent was French (or British or who knows where)! Thank you all for allowing me to visit your country and helping me have such an awesome time. You truly do have an amazing country and should be proud of it.

I've taken a single photo from each city out of the many hundreds I took.

My first stop: San Francisco during 4th of July celebrations. Photo is of the flags at the Lone Sailor Memorial, next to the Golden Gate Bridge.

hYwoobz.jpg

Next: Las Vegas during international fight week. Photo is of the Grand Canyon by helicopter. We landed inside and drank champagne.

aEuEbPq.jpg

Next: Boston. Did all the historic bits and the photo is in Fenway Park, Red Sox v Yankees.

Su4UTni.jpg

Up Next: New York. It felt like everything (good and bad) I had pictured it from the movies. Here is Central Park which really was a beautiful place surrounded by the city itself.

Y6hOFZy.jpg

Second Last: Philadelphia. More historic interest to me. Pictured is when I saw Slayer at the Electric Factory.

mMMFULp.jpg

Last: Washington DC. Amazing. I didn't have enough time and I have to go back. The National Mall was much larger than I expected and it was simply beautiful. Pictured is the Marine Memorial on the backdrop of the Washington Monument and Congress. Everywhere in the National Mall was incredible. I was also lucky enough to see the silent Marines conduct their drills/performance at the Marine memorial.

f6iRorh.jpg

As a Californian, Metal Head and Marine I had no choice but to give you a like.

It was really hard to pick a favourite moment, every place I went to had a dozen very strong memories I will never forget. It was probably early on when the excitement of being overseas was at its highest and the absolute freedom to do whatever I wanted and not be confined to all the real world stresses of being back home; re: work and money etc.

For that reason when I rode a bike along the shoreline of San Francisco it was an unbelievably liberating experience. That might sound strange considering just how many great places I visited but it was pretty special.

As OldShadow suggested I would like to see more of the countryside on another journey, though it would be somewhat distant. Perhaps the Appalachians?

There is just so much to see of America's natural beauty. Glacier national park should be high on the list if you have time.

Back