War Room Centrist Coalition - Roll Call!

Do you identify as a "centrist"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hillary Clinton is a neo-con/career politician that will say and do whatever is politically expedient. =/= centrist
She is absolutely in the center of political ideas. She's a corporate Democrat. She'd be on the right in any reasonable country, but here we are. So, again, did you support Hillary?

Who did you vote for?

I'm pretty radical on all issues. But some of my positions are right and others left

I think there are too many in the WR who NEVER disagree with their side.

Ralph Peters is a prime example. He's being embraced by the Left now even though he's the worst of the worst when it comes to Neocons

She is absolutely in the center of political ideas. She's a corporate Democrat. She'd be on the right in any reasonable country, but here we are. So, again, did you support Hillary?

Who did you vote for?

Pretty sure he's canehjuhn.

Next you're gonna tell me the Democrats are a center right party. Come on Homer.
That just demonstrates my point. Dems are a center right party. Which is why liberals being tribal and identifying with them is retarded.

I'm pretty radical on all issues. But some of my positions are right and others left

I think there are too many in the WR who NEVER disagree with their side.

Ralph Peters is a prime example. He's being embraced by the Left now even though he's the worst of the worst when it comes to Neocons
No one is embracing him. Pointing out that Fox News has gotten so bad that even this rabid NeoCon is cutting bait isn't embracing him. It's pointing to an example of the impossible absurdity of current Fox News.

I always feel like I’m a economically progressive conservative. I guess that would be the opposite of a Libertarian.

I’ve never felt like my kind has a place in politics.

Fair enough, I don't agree, but you're perfectly within the bounds to think that. I see modern centrism as a way for thinkers to try and seem like they're ideologically "above it all", when in reality they're simply trying to take the social path of least resistance.

I stand on my principles because I see compromise with error as a half loss for truth, and half win for error. Compromise is only good when both sides feel as though they have profited.
No, the social path of least resistance is identifying with a "tribe" or political party. Political parties are emergent from our biology to belong to a tribe so that we aren't ostracized and kicked out of the village. Politically speaking, being a centrist is not at all the path of least resistance. Both sides hate you.

I always feel like I’m a economically progressive conservative. I guess that would be the opposite of a Libertarian.

I’ve never felt like my kind has a place in politics.
I don't agree with your analysis here. Libertarianism is the antithesis to authoritarianism. So it's really a measure of how much State involvement you want in the lives of individuals. You can be conservative and libertarian. You can also be liberal and libertarian.

You're going to get 90% of the war room in here claiming to be centrists.
Yup.

I don’t think someone can be a full centrist. Many centrist peeps like myself,have conservative views about some things and liberal views about others.

Just really depends on the subject.

I’m a center lefty if anything. Vote independent, liked obama,disliked Hillary...hate trump.
I’m an atheist but have a pretty strict moral code nowadays that rivals a practicing Christian but can’t stand evangelical agenda ......

I’m a walking ball of political confusion lol.

He's an idiot and doesn't realize that "centrist" is pretty clearly pejorative to anyone who understands that policy issues don't set on perfect horizontal planes and all policies can't be reduced to arguments to moderation.

It's a classic example of someone mining their own mediocrity for things to believe are virtues.

EDIT: Anyways, there are plenty of intelligent posters that would be categorizable as closer to the middle tha the poles, but who I would not disparage as centrists or by comparison to Der Eisbar: Lead, panamaican, Rod1 (the latter two of which are increasingly seeming more left given the modern center), IGIT, HockyBJJ, Huntersvda, PolishHeadlock. All are probably paradigmatically center-type persons by way of their approach, if not evidenced by their actual arrival on policy.

Last edited:
No, the social path of least resistance is identifying with a "tribe" or political party. Political parties are emergent from our biology to belong to a tribe so that we aren't ostracized and kicked out of the village. Politically speaking, being a centrist is not at all the path of least resistance. Both sides hate you.

With all due respect, a Centrist is simply trying to appeal to the largest possible swath of people on any given issue.

Who did you vote for?
Yeah, you and Falsedawn are just reinforcing my point. Hillary Clinton would be on the right in any reasonable country. I 100% agree. That's why liberals supporting her is absolutely retarded. No, I didn't support Hillary. I voted for Bernie in my state's caucus which went overwhelmingly for Bernie

Yeah, you and Falsedawn are just reinforcing my point. Hillary Clinton would be on the right in any reasonable country. I 100% agree. That's why liberals supporting her is absolutely retarded. No, I didn't support Hillary. I voted for Bernie in my state's caucus which went overwhelmingly for Bernie
Did you vote in the Presidential election?

With all due respect, a Centrist is simply trying to appeal to the largest possible swath of people on any given issue.
That's one way of seeing it from the outside looking in. I'm not a centrist because I want the most amount of people to like me. I'm a centrist because neither party represents my principles. And when you act as a centrist in the world, both sides hate you, not like you.

That just demonstrates my point. Dems are a center right party. Which is why liberals being tribal and identifying with them is retarded.

{<huh}

We have two political parties in this country with any kind of national clout. One is firmly right, the other is center-right but at least tries to appeal to their leftist base. So you're telling me that leftists are stupid for supporting the only party that even remotely aligns with their views and has some kind of clout?

I mean, how fucking stupid do you have to be to honestly believe that?

{<huh}

We have two political parties in this country with any kind of national clout. One is firmly right, the other is center-right but at least tries to appeal to their leftist base. So you're telling me that leftists are stupid for supporting the only party that even remotely aligns with their views and has some kind of clout?

I mean, how fucking stupid do you have to be to honestly believe that?
Yeah, this sort of idiocy is why we only have a center-right and right wing party.

"Hurr durrrrrr, there's tens of millions of liberal voters in this country. If they don't vote for the center-right party, what are they to do?!?!"

Back