Khabib gassing in championship rounds?

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I keep seeing people think Khabib will be in trouble should this fight make it to the later rounds. Many have made it seem as though it is inevitable he will gas. I don't recall him ever slowing down or even looking very tired after 3 rounds, am I forgetting something? I haven't seen any indication that this is a foregone conclusion.

Last edited:
The fight won't go into the championship rounds, so it's not relevant anyway

Well Tony for sure has great cardio, and with Khabib his championship round cardio is unknown.

In short people don't know, they're assuming.

Wishful Tony fans. They know Ferguson has good cardio so they're hoping Khabib will gas in the later rounds to give their boy a chance..

ugh.... i should just save this response....

kaboob never been 5 rounds. ok?

rewatch some fights. please.

kaboob slows down every fight.

your huggery is blinding you.

Khabib is born and raised at altitude, that alone gives him a cardio edge. It's science

ugh.... i should just save this response....

kaboob never been 5 rounds. ok?

rewatch some fights. please.

kaboob slows down every fight.

your huggery is blinding you.

Far from a nut hugger, I'm a fan of both. What fights in particular demonstrate what you're saying? Genuine question, I certainly could be forgetting something.

Khabib will not even make it to the fight, this fight will never happen.

Khabib's top pressure and GnP isn't draining on the other fighter?

The fight won't go into the championship rounds, so it's not relevant anyway

So barboza can last a one sided beatdown without any attacks from his back. But tony with many tools from his back and a almost limitless cardio.. He wont last?

So barboza can last a one sided beatdown without any attacks from his back. But tony with many tools from his back and a almost limitless cardio.. He wont last?
Not every fight is the same. Maybe Tony's attack first mentality on the ground, will be his downfall?

Khabib will not even make it to the fight, this fight will never happen.
13Ev9571xt8Bdm.gif

He absolutely can, but weird things happen, specially if Tony is being offensive off his back. Matt Brown survived almost 3 rounds against Maia while Condit got submitted in less than 2 minutes

I can't see him gassing from top position. I actually see a cut being more likely with the elbows Tony likes to throw.

Far from a nut hugger, I'm a fan of both. What fights in particular demonstrate what you're saying? Genuine question, I certainly could be forgetting something.
cool beans. i feel the same. hope tony wins, but not too worried about it, other than the kabob fans going ape shit on the hype train. shit is just irritating. delusional even.

the tibau fight. he slowed in the third.
the johnson fight he was slowing. not terribly but output slowed toward the end.
and barboza fight. he was an animal but you could tell he slowed.
he could have finished him i think. but he let off the gas a little.
he is just so active and busy working his major muscle groups
that i cant imagine that he just doesn't get tired ever.
have i ever seen him gassed out? no.
it will be a great fight.
tony has the edge in cardio imo.
just the body types and work output.
do the math.
between the past injurys and missing weight and lack of quality fights over the years
i am skeptical of his cardio in the championship rounds.

One of the replies said the truth, he was never in the 5 round fight.

One group of people will be right. Wait and see, I say.

Edson had good cardio before he fought Khabib
If Barboza beats Lee and Khabib beats Ferguson I'd love to see a Barboza vs Ferguson rematch.

But I actually expect Ferguson to make a move to 170 if he loses.

depends on how much damage he takes. If its just grappling then he would make it no prob

I keep seeing people think Khabib will be in trouble should this fight make it to the later rounds. Many have made it seem as though it is inevitable he will gas. I don't recall him ever slowing down or even looking very tired after 3 rounds, am I forgetting something? I haven't seen any indication that this is a foregone conclusion.
He has been winded in past fights but it didn't slow him down. In fact, he starts pulling farther ahead when he gets winded.

Back