Black students at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School are not happy about the police presence.

I like how some people only care about black on black violence when the subject of police violence against blacks is brought up.

A certain group loves to spout off about "personal responsibility" yet when the subject of black-on-black crime is brought up, it's suddenly the responsibility of every black person to tackle blacks that are committing violent crimes. How about no, how about I concentrate on how I conduct myself and I leave the police work to those that decided to get into the profession of taking on criminals and reducing the crime rate.

Would be an interesting social experiment if law enforcement coverage was completely removed from all communities that predominately state they have a fear and distrust of them, and wish to see their presence reduced, for one week. Let them vote on it so the "will of the people" is clearly and plainly known that they desire one full week of a complete absence of law enforcement to see how the community deals with any of the issues routinely addressed by LEO's. Or, if that's simply too drastic of an experiment then let them vote to reduce amount of LEO's servicing their area by half for one week.

At the end of that week start collating the data to see how safe that community felt during the week, how many crimes may have been committed during that week, how many firearm related crimes or deaths may have been committed during that time, etc.

Any community willing to be that test subject?
It would also be an interesting experiment to see police receive proper training and for education to be properly funded and run. I think it would work better than your shitty idea.

The only solution is to make sure all cops at the school are Black Transgender officers.

Clearly those students are terrible at math. There is less than .0004 chance of an innocent black man being shot by police.

It’s not racism, it’s math.
Try this math. That's 4 out of 10,000. When it's human lives we're talking about, that's a big number.

I do. The problem is that a law abiding 17 year old black dude, doesn't look that much different then, a 17 year old black drug dealer from Chicago. They tend to shop at the same stores for clothes.

Cops have reason to fear young black men.

Will you now admit, that a law abiding 17 year old young black male, also has reason to fear cops due to this reality?

New school dress code. All male black students must dress like Carlton from Fresh Prince

Why do they need a bunch of cops at the school?

leave the police work to those that decided to get into the profession of taking on criminals and reducing the crime rate.

Sure then stop bitching about how they do it and any incidents where the black criminal dies.

It used to be we didn't entertain the opinions and ideas of children. Now these loons are dictating policy
Children have always the ultimate lever
It would also be an interesting experiment to see police receive proper training and for education to be properly funded and run. I think it would work better than your shitty idea.
Oh yeah, serious topic. :eek: Gotta reign it in some I guess....;)

*since

Upset is understandable, but glossing over the reality; minus the rhetoric, hyperbole, lies, etc... doesn't accomplish anything.

Example - you down playing the fact that he had a REPLICA pistol. Those are used in robberies, carjackings, hold ups, etc... quite often. Rice was the size of a grown man and was waving the thing around in manner that was perceived as dangerous.

Also, white or black - dead is dead. The level of outrage pales in comparison to the deafening silence when it's black on black. Conversely, blacks commit a GROSSLY disproportionate amount of violence against whites. The outrage is nowhere near when it's the opposite. Why ?

I have a CCW. I managed a building in a very shady area. It was very late at night and I got a call a homeless guy was blocking the last remaining open exit of the building and the LAST remaining female employees were afraid to leave. I went down and a black homeless dude was completely blocking the exit INSIDE the building and sort of laying on the ground. His bike was on the ground and all his shit all over scattered. When I approached him and told him he had to exit the building. He looked up at me got up half way and grabbed a pair of scissors. It was an incredibly tense situation and I showed him I was carrying which then resulted in a back and forth with tensions not calming.

I seriously considering drawing my weapon but instead I was able to calm him down. He was mentally ill for sure.

Looking back I'm not entirely sure if I could have drawn my weapon in time if he decided to attack me with them scissors. and I didn't care he was black. I cared he had scissors and seemed crazy

I don't think people really know what it's like to be a police officer today. Obviously there are some bad characters wearing the badge. But I think people need to realize how crazy a job it is

I have a CCR. I managed a building in a very shady area. It was very late at night and I got a call a homeless guy was blocking the last remaining open exit of the building and the LAST remaining female employees were afraid to leave. I went down and a black homeless dude was completely blocking the exit INSIDE the building and sort of laying on the ground. His bike was on the ground and all his shit all over scattered. When I approached him and told him he had to exit the building. He looked up at me got up half way and grabbed a pair of scissors. It was an incredibly tense situation and I showed him I was carrying which then resulted in a back and forth with tensions not calming.

I seriously considering drawing my weapon but instead I was able to calm him down. He was mentally ill for sure.

Looking back I'm not entirely sure if I could have drawn my weapon in time if he decided to attack me with them scissors.

I don't think people really know what it's like to be a police officer today. Obviously there are some bad characters wearing the badge. But I think people need to realize how crazy a job it is

all joking set aside, police officers from any major city deal with the worst of the worst, and some of the most mentally ill.

Try this math. That's 4 out of 10,000. When it's human lives we're talking about, that's a big number.

It’s actually lower than that. My number is grossly overestimating the number of innocent people.

63 million police encounters per year.
250 black men killed.

My number said HALF of those were completely innocent. That’s just me being kind. The real number is probably closer to 20.

So,

63,000,000/20

Your literally more likely to get struck by lightning.

Please don’t misunderstand me, those 20 innocent men who are murdered, are a tragic loss. Just realistically speaking, I’m not sure how much lower you can get that number considering what is involved in policing.

That being said I fully support body cameras. It’s 2018 ffs, the freaking criminals even have cameras on their phones. Cops should too.

You have no foot in reality. Lol at "which is plenty."

It's headline news for weeks, spawns marches and "protests," gets sporting events protested, mobs of impulsive garbage shutting own highways, etc...
You should reread my post.

Sure then stop bitching about how they do it and any incidents where the black criminal dies.
You've never seen me bitch about anything so stop making such a false blanket statement, now why should anyone be silent when civil servants fail at doing their job whether the person is a criminal or not? Never realized that being a criminal meant that you deserve to be executed by a police officer that will be getting a paid vacation on the tax payer's dime.

You've never seen me bitch about anything so stop making such a false blanket statement, now why should anyone be silent when civil servants fail at doing their job whether the person is a criminal or not? Never realized that being a criminal meant that you deserve to be executed by a police officer that will be getting a paid vacation on the tax payer's dime.

Hyperbole and bullshit.

That "paid vacation" you halfwits always bring up is pending an investigation. And police are acting in a capacity of law enforcement. Its not difficult to understand why they go on paid leave, genius.

Why do they need a bunch of cops at the school?

exactly. high paying job to be guarding a high school.

how often are schools attacked and need cops right there??

dollars to donuts the cops arrest more students than protect, year in and year out. side bet that most students that get arrested or reprimanded happen to be minorities.

Back