Max will hit Khabib with the one two Hawaiian Punch, believe me

HOW about you both shut the hell up
@Air Lats

That sig is incredible. Funniest thing I have seen all day and it's 11:58pm on a public holiday where I had loads of spare time for Sherdog and it's the day when Tony pulled out injured 6 days before the most hyped fight of the year. So it's been a funny day.

Genius.

How are you ThatKid? Good thread.

@Air Lats

That sig is incredible. Funniest thing I have seen all day and it's 11:58pm on a public holiday where I had loads of spare time for Sherdog and it's the day when Tony pulled out injured 6 days before the most hyped fight of the year. So it's been a funny day.

Genius.

How are you ThatKid? Good thread.
Pretty good

Just secretly wishing that this is all a big April fools joke

You?

Pretty good

Just secretly wishing that this is all a big April fools joke

You?
A little stressed from work and a little sleep deprived but otherwise very well.

Am I allowed to ask about personal stuff here or want me to PM you?

On the official cards? Not many. But Max is a late replacement and a very different style to Tony. Khabib wont have much prep time. Could make a difference. Oh, and Max's also enormously talented.

I never realised how much I wanted this fight until it was announced. I think Khabib takes it but it's still intriguing.

I'm a huge Holloway fan. My problem here is its not an honest test. Its a half injured, weight class smaller, no time to prepare Max. That's an untenable situation. Basically if this was a courtroom I would say I object your honor. Khabib has never lost a round in the UFC. To even expect Max to win rounds seems unlikely.

This has upset written all over it

Believe me, I would lose my shit if the fight ended like this.

giphy.gif

I'm a huge Holloway fan. My problem here is its not an honest test. Its a half injured, weight class smaller, no time to prepare Max. That's an untenable situation. Basically if this was a courtroom I would say I object your honor. Khabib has never lost a round in the UFC. To even expect Max to win rounds seems unlikely.

I've tried to explain this to a few Khabib fans who are moistening their underclothes at the prospect of him being crowned LW champ. If it happens he is the definition of a paper champ.

He will have beaten an injured 145'er on a few days' notice, while the interim LW champ and the actual LW champ are sidelined, and he will have literally one top 5 LW win ever. Khabib is a super fighter, no question. And none of this is his fault. But this is not the way to win an undisputed belt - beating an injured guy at a weight he hasn't competed at in 7 years whilst the other two best fighters in the weight class watch from the sidelines.

Anyways, I think Max will do OK. Like he wont be shamed at the least. Either that or Khabib fails to make weight again/pulls out again.

I've tried to explain this to a few Khabib fans who are moistening their underclothes at the prospect of him being crowned LW champ. If it happens he is the definition of a paper champ.

He will have beaten an injured 145'er on a few days' notice, while the interim LW champ and the actual LW champ are sidelined, and he will have literally one top 5 LW win ever. Khabib is a super fighter, no question. And none of this is his fault. But this is not the way to win an undisputed belt - beating an injured guy at a weight he hasn't competed at in 7 years whilst the other two best fighters in the weight class watch from the sidelines.

Anyways, I think Max will do OK. Like he wont be shamed at the least. Either that or Khabib fails to make weight again/pulls out again.

Can you imagine Conor and Tony's face if Max beat Khabib lol.

MJ was #4

RDA was #5

And Barboza was somewhere in the top 5 can't remember the exact ranking.

Max isn't just an injured 145er. He is most likely healthy just able to take this on short notice because it's less of a weight cut. Max has been barely making 145 for a while now and has been saying a move to 155 soon is going to happen. He is a LW and win or lose he will spend majority of the rest of his career at 155.

Holloway gets 180+ in between fights, not far from what Khabib and Tony(guys whonare considered WWs) weigh in between fights along with him being like 5'11" I think it is.

Injury is probably false he went surfing a little while back after the injury was announced.

This is a horrible matchup for Max. He might do fine in later rounds if he can survive there.

MJ was #4

RDA was #5

And Barboza was somewhere in the top 5 can't remember the exact ranking.

Max isn't just an injured 145er. He is most likely healthy just able to take this on short notice because it's less of a weight cut. Max has been barely making 145 for a while now and has been saying a move to 155 soon is going to happen. He is a LW and win or lose he will spend majority of the rest of his career at 155.

Holloway gets 180+ in between fights, not far from what Khabib and Tony(guys whonare considered WWs) weigh in between fights along with him being like 5'11" I think it is.

Injury is probably false he went surfing a little while back after the injury was announced.

RDA was #5 contender, AKA #6 (champ and then four contenders above him)
MJ was also ranked #6 as per the below image.

IMG_9163.JPG

Barboza is Khabib's ONLY top 5 win. That's not exactly a knock on Khabib. The guy is obviously a rare talent. But he doesn't have much in terms of top wins.

Max may be a big FW, but a FW he is. Winning the LW belt for beating a FW on 6 days' notice and who had an injury which forced him to withdraw from a fight eight weeks earlier is less than ideal.

RDA was #5 contender, AKA #6 (champ and then four contenders above him)
MJ was also ranked #6 as per the below image.

View attachment 362237

Barboza is Khabib's ONLY top 5 win. That's not exactly a knock on Khabib. The guy is obviously a rare talent. But he doesn't have much in terms of top wins.

Max may be a big FW, but a FW he is. Winning the LW belt for beating a FW on 6 days' notice and who had an injury which forced him to withdraw from a fight eight weeks earlier is less than ideal.

You're one of those guys eh? Okay then he has 3 top 7 wins. That is pretty quality if you ask me. Especially considering not many are willing to take the fight against him so his options are limited.

Khabib will eat all the Hawaiian shit that Max brings.

You're one of those guys eh? Okay then he has 3 top 7 wins. That is pretty quality if you ask me. Especially considering not many are willing to take the fight against him so his options are limited.
If by "one of those guys" you mean shallow and pedantic, I must confess you're right.

It's true that some fighters have avoided Khabib, but also that he has had an unfortunate run with injury himself. Still, fighters can only be judged by their body of work.

Back