Crime “Words alone” are no reason to kill, Man gets 10 years for punching woman over N-word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait....seriously?

He threw one punch after being called a word meant to dehumanize him. A word that he had undoubtedly heard countless times in his life to dismiss him as subhuman trash.

Tragic all around, but 10 years for throwing one punch that would not conceivably have been predicted as killing a person....that sounds about right.

You are terrible. The worst. If a white husband punched and killed his wife for 6 hours of profane verbal abuse in front of children, you would-- on the chance he wasn't a fkn leftist-- not shill for him or give any lienency.

This dude is HUGE. You can't go punching a woman for insulting you, you idiot. He could have opened his hand and really got the point across, and maybe done his year.. He's a murderer.

You can´t be serious, the level of idiocy in that post is too high even for someone nicked named Trotsky
He wants minorities to have magical powers and extra rights in hurting people.

He is pushing the world right.

Also ITT, several morons who don't understand the importance of words. Literally every right we have in America and every deal we have internationally is just a bunch of words and those words are defended with violence.

Let's not act like children and pretend words are less capable than sticks and stones.

Words are less capable in one on one situations.. Omg wow lol "pretend."

You are terrible. The worst. If a white husband punched and killed his wife for 6 hours of profane verbal abuse in front of children, you would-- on the chance he wasn't a fkn leftist-- not shill for him or give any lienency.

This dude is HUGE. You can't go punching a woman for insulting you, you idiot. He could have opened his hand and really got the point across, and maybe done his year.. He's a murderer.

You can punch, but if you end up killing the person is a homicide, I think 10 years is damn light for taking away a life.

The vast majority of people are not expecting to kill someone with one punch.

The vast majority of times a punch is thrown it is not going to be deadly, come on.
Depends on who you're punching. If you're hitting a dude as big as you, chances are that nothing real serious will happen. Now if you hit a woman who's either a lot smaller or older then yeah, chances are high she's getting fucked up.

The equivalent Go-Word for white people I can think of is the word Goof (at least in southern Ontario although it's less effective with educated people,) it's really something you say when you want to go nuclear, and i've seen people throw down, or go at each other once the word was said. .

lol it's true in NS as well, you could chirp someone with a tirade that would make jeff ross blush without reaction but the instant the 'g-word' is dropped, so are the gloves.

Yes, this woman talking to this guy (and not even using the n word) is analogous to NAFTA. Lmfao @ liberals. You guys are silly AF.

Care to learn how to read before picking a side? It would help you understand what the words you're using mean.

1. I'm not a liberal.

2. I never condoned what this man did.

3. Which word did I use improperly?

Depends on who you're punching. If you're hitting a dude as big as you, chances are that nothing real serious will happen. Now if you hit a woman who's either a lot smaller or older then yeah, chances are high she's getting fucked up.

Problem is blacking out and hitting the back of your head on the floor.

Words are less capable in one on one situations.. Omg wow lol "pretend."

Except that there are provocation laws. So our legal system understands the power of words and our founding fathers understood the power of words (hence the first amendment), but Americana, some guy on an internet forum, disagrees.

The mexicans I know are more racist against black people than the white people I know. They don't call them the N word though. They have other words that they use undercover

Wait....seriously?

He threw one punch after being called a word meant to dehumanize him. A word that he had undoubtedly heard countless times in his life to dismiss him as subhuman trash.

Tragic all around, but 10 years for throwing one punch that would not conceivably have been predicted as killing a person....that sounds about right.

It’s sad sacks like you that give individuals the idea that they have the right to use violence when called a name.

Except that there are provocation laws. So our legal system understands the power of words and our founding fathers understood the power of words (hence the first amendment), but Americana, some guy on an internet forum, disagrees.

You are referring to "fighting words." Yeah buddy, that only makes it not constitutionally protected. You, of course, have no idea what you are talking about.

The guy deserve the chair , 10 years is the appropriate penality for who give him the second degree murder

You are referring to "fighting words." Yeah buddy, that only makes it not constitutionally protected. You, of course, have no idea what you are talking about.

Your use of "it" in the paragraph is indecipherable. What is not constitutoonally protected? I think I know what I'm talking about, but I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

Your use of "it" in the paragraph is indecipherable. What is not constitutoonally protected? I think I know what I'm talking about, but I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

Can you show an example of a case where homicide accusation was thrown out because of provocation laws? I´m sure in minor offenses it can be used but no provocation law will lessen a murder case where the victim was no danger to the killer.

So what are we debating?

That the sentence is too low, or too high? I don't understand the point of this thread. A man committed an unjustified crime, and is suffering the consequences.

I think the only thing actually up for debate is whether or not what the guy did actually qualifies as second degree murder or manslaughter.

Personally, I have a hard time believing that a single punch shows intent to kill.

Can you show an example of a case where homicide accusation was thrown out because of provocation laws? I´m sure in minor offenses it can be used but no provocation law will lessen a murder case where the victim was no danger to the killer.

I wasn't citing provocation law as evidence of how some homocides get overturned. I was simply showong that this idea of "words can never hurt me" isn't reality for adults, and i was more thinking about provocation in terms of inciting public disturbance rather than just "fighting words."

I can't think of any cases off the top of my head, but I know I've heard of some crimes being decreased from murder to manslaughter (as the defense had hoped in this case) due to provocation. How could a murder case be thrown out altogether due to provocation?

Interesting conversation
I wonder.....
What if he said something about her ethnicity or made a hateful comment about women first and she just said something in response, would that negate the argument that he was enraged to do this?

Also, I wouldnt even pay any mind to someone who is so drunk that they're probably hallucinating.

The problem is those cameras have no sound, i think the woman spoke mostly spanish, the likelihood is they both had words he probabaly called here offensive words as well, the only problem here is he couldnt control his violence and used physical brute force. He followed her outside hit her and fled.

I wasn't citing provocation law as evidence of how some homocides get overturned. I was simply showong that this idea of "words can never hurt me" isn't reality for adults, and i was more thinking about provocation in terms of inciting public disturbance rather than just "fighting words."

I can't think of any cases off the top of my head, but I know I've heard of some crimes being decreased from murder to manslaughter (as the defense had hoped in this case) due to provocation. How could a murder case be thrown out altogether due to provocation?

Just as I had imagined, nothing to say on the actual case.

The guy got less than he deserved and provocation laws simply don´t fit in such cases.

Just as I had imagined, nothing to say on the actual case.

The guy got less than he deserved and provocation laws simply don´t fit in such cases.

I was never applying provocation law to this case, specifically. You jumped into the middle of a discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back