• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which branch is superior - The Air Force or The Navy?

Either way... get a bachelors degree first... and then go in as an officer

My friend wanted a career change and applied to the AF Officers Candidate School. She was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant after graduation. Currently a Major stationed at Hickam AFB in Hawaii.

I was in the army and really wished I'd gone in the air force. The army does have some smart people and some high tech MOSs, but there were also a lot of army that were dumb as rocks and always doing dumb shit. The Marines were a little better than the Army, but so many were so brainwashed with their 13 week boot camp that they thought that made them the end all be all. Funny thing is the POG Marines were the worst about it. Navy was alright, I was in back in the late 80's and early 90's so I'm sure things have changed since the combat experience but I wasn't really impressed by the SEALS, I expected more. At that time I'd have put them on par with MEU Marines, expected more but I'm sure it was a matter of hype over reality. As far as the air force, they seemed more professional and for the most part didn't engage in the dick measuring contests, like this thread.

My favorite story about inter-service (which I think I've already told here) was once I was doing forward observing for artillery at Ft Bragg. It was our army team and a team of Marine forward observers. We had a table, chairs, cots, a GP small tent with a pot belly stove...... basically as much comfort as we could carry in the Humvee. The Marines were laid out on a blanket and had their personal tents and bed rolls..... basically only shit they could carry. They would constantly be making comments about our "luxury" and what pussies we were. We were both calling in artillery strikes and we were both taking turns using an old tank as our target, we were both getting close enough hits that would have killed the tank but nothing directly hit the tank. At one point a SUV Bronco type truck pulls up. Two air force guys jump out, grab a blanket, a radio and a "gun" that looked like something out of Aliens. The Marines and us get told to hold fire. The air force guys lay down their blanket, the one guy points the "gun" at the tank and the other guy gets on the radio giving grid coordinates, wind and directions "come in west to east" or something like that, this was in the infancy of GPS. Next thing you know this F 16 roaring in (I don't know if it dropped a bomb or a missle it happened so fast) the next thing I see the turret of the tank flies about 20 or 30 feet in the air. The air force guys pick up their shit and start loading it back into the SUV. The Marines make some comment "chair force, enjoy sleeping in your nice beds" or something to that effect. The air force guys just smile and look at both of us and say "you guys make sure you have a REAL good night tonight" with this "I know something you don't" look.

Just after dark it starts just pouring on us. We dug a trench around the perimeter of our GP small and set a small berm at the bottom flaps (as we'd always been taught to do) so it rained like hell and there were a couple leaks but for the most part we were doing good. We had shelter and a little stove to keep us warm. Someone looked out at the Marines and their tents and gear were all over the place and they were struggling to get their stuff and just drenched. Our NCO yelled over "do you guys want to hunker down in our tent?" the Marines replied "we don't mingle with dogs, we're fine". We were laughing at them and someone made the comment "yeah, they sure showed the air force guys in their nice comfy beds".

That was a great story. How did you as an Army guy get so much experience with Marines, Air Force, and Navy? You are the second person that mentions he was not impressed with Navy SEALs. The Air Force was using a laser guided method to 'mark' and hit the tank with ordnance. I think the method was in its infancy during the late 80s. I was in at about the same time you were in - U.S. Army. Didn't really mingle with Navy and Air Force until I got to USSOUTHCOM, a joint command. It was my last tour on Active Duty. The U.S. military is a true cross section of the U.S. population. Social, economic, ethnic, and educational background. In 20 years of service, I met very few soldiers and Marines who were truly 'dumb'. I attribute a lot of it to age and immaturity. Regardless of how dumb they were, I still gave them credit for volunteering for the military. I worked with U.S. Army Rangers and Special Forces. Those boys were 'sharp as a tack'. I met a few SEALs but never worked with them. I also worked with lots of soldiers who were not 'tabbed' and were also 'sharp as a tack'. By the way, the 'dumb' ones can be found in the enlisted and the officer ranks.

Looks like some of those Reddit accounts were created yesterday, around the same time. Busted.

{<jordan}

If there are new accounts over there I swear hand to God I have nothing to do with it.

You called me a liar. I don't like that. I found a way to prove what I said. Now that's not good enough for you and you are calling me a liar again!?

EDIT:

how many new accts are on that board?

Which accounts are they? what are their names?

What comments did the new accounts say?

Hang on I'm gonna go verify wtf you are saying here.

Looks like some of those Reddit accounts were created yesterday, around the same time. Busted.

{<jordan}

I just looked and there are NO accounts on that board that were created yesterday you fucking liar!

Looks to me like the youngest accounts in that thread are 4 months old. YOU just flat out LIED your ass off and got busted. How's that feel?

@The Higher Power where you at? get in here and explain yourself

Last edited:

@Phr3121 you never commented on my reddit thread. You're one of the ones saying you didn't believe they kept us up for 3 days in Air Force basic. Did you read that Reddit thread? Did you read everybody's experiences? You still not believe me?

And did you just see how @The Higher Power just lied his ass off because I proved what I said was true, he didn't like being wrong and resorted to flat out lying? Give us your thoughts. You still not believe me now? You never replied.

The United States Navy is by far the most powerful military force on the planet, and it isn't even close. Nothing touches the Navy.

Source: me. Navy veteran.

Damn, looks like a certain someone really DOES care about people believing them on the internet.

{<jimmies}

Damn, looks like a certain someone really DOES care about people believing them on the internet.

{<jimmies}

You called me a liar. I don't like that.

Then I proved you wrong and proved what I said was true. Then you straight made some shit up and lied your ass off. You KNOW you did, you need to admit it, too. So I called you out on it. You have no rebuttal, do you?

You've been shut the fuck down. Just admit it and go on about your day.

You called me a liar. I don't like that.

Then I proved you wrong and proved what I said was true. Then you straight made some shit up and lied your ass off. You KNOW you did, you need to admit it, too. So I called you out on it. You have no rebuttal, do you?

You've been shut the fuck down. Just admit it and go on about your day.
I thought you didn't care?
You didn't "prove" anything. You do realize there are multiple docs out there on DM and YT about BMT, right? Don't be scared homie.

4cb616a8a7fc3bdb5e856df219262a99.jpg

I thought you didn't care?
You didn't "prove" anything. You do realize there are multiple docs out there on DM and YT about BMT, right? Don't be scared homie.

I didn't prove anything? Did you read that reddit thread? Several people verified they went through exactly the same thing my flight did. How much more do you need before you admit what I said was true, and that you don't know shit about AF basic training and have no first hand experience with it?

Are you gonna admit that you straight lied your ass off and made up that shit about new accounts in the reddit thread? Because you did. You lied your ass off, didn't you? I proved that you did, so you need to admit it right here and now.

You're a liar. I am not.

I didn't prove anything? Did you read that reddit thread? Several people verified they went through exactly the same thing my flight did. How much more do you need before you admit what I said was true, and that you don't know shit about AF basic training and have no first hand experience with it?

Are you gonna admit that you straight lied your ass off and made up that shit about new accounts in the reddit thread? Because you did. You lied your ass off, didn't you? I proved that you did, so you need to admit it right here and now.

You're a liar. I am not.
lmao
You got skunked on your claim that Air Force boot camp is the hardest training in the military. Prove it. Don't be scared, homie.

I work with Navy personnel and it makes me thankful I joined the AF. Life on a ship is horrible for junior enlisted.

yup-i'm prior navy and worked with every branch of service. Navy life is very mission centric; your life revolves around the ship/squadron, work ups and deployments. education, although important, isn't expected. depending on your rate though, when it comes time for promotion to E7, it's almost expected that you have a bachelors. Officer's are expected to have a Masters Degree if they want to be competitive and not get passed over for promotion. The good thing about the Navy is that most of the bases are in or close to a major city.

by far, AF has the best quality of life and education focused. air force dorms are bigger and better built than navy and marine barracks. when i was stationed in iceland, we had two per room for E4s and below. airmen up there got their own rooms, regardless of rank and got an additional allowance because it was not in accordance to air force specifications. when you become an NCO and every rank afterwards, you go to airman leadership school which trains you up to become a better leader and you get college credit. most of their jobs are aligned to a civilian job and you get a cert along the way. one of the drawbacks is you can get stationed in the middle of nowhere.

just like with every other branch, it all depends on your job.

The Sher-force and Sher-vy > those cans

lmao
You got skunked on your claim that Air Force boot camp is the hardest training in the military. Prove it. Don't be scared, homie.

I never said that, homie. And I don't think that. In fact, I admitted that marine boot has gotta be MUCH harder, and I also said the AF basic didn't incorporate nearly enough physical stuff for my taste.

But I DID say they kept my flight up for around 3 days when we first got there. And they did. And I made that reddit thread to see if my case was usual and if anybody else was kept awake for that long. And you know it turned out that several people went through the same thing. Some did, some didn't. You read that thread. Then you made that shit up about new posters in that thread, and you never admitted you made that up. And you still can't seem to bring yourself to simply admit I was telling the truth.

I told the truth. I proved it.
You lied and made shit up. I proved that, too.

I'm starting to doubt you were ever even in the military, honestly. In any branch.

Last edited:
Back