Going to prom after you graduate HS

Kitafuji

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It is prom season and many of my friends are posting pictures on FB with their kids prom pictures. I see many of them with dates whom have graduated from HS. Most of these graduates are male. I think it is a douche-bag move to go to a high school dance when you are in college. I have a son in college and he and I talked about this and he feels the same as I do.

What do my sherbros think?

Douche or not that big a deal?

They kinda talked about this in Ameican Pie 2, but it was about parties. I imagine its creepier at a prom.

Girls date older guys, but some places you should not enter.

20 and below is fine Imo, as long as the dates are seniors. But older than that and it's kinda creepy.

Prom is special for high school girls. Tough situation, bc she would probably want to share the experience with her boyfriend.

But I never went to prom, so what do I know?

The best thing about highschool girls is ......

I can see if you have a serious gf and she is a senior in hs and you are a first year freshman in college. I draw the line there.

I didn't even go to prom when I was in high school. My geometry teacher, who was the teacher coordinator for the school festivals, asked everyone in my class (filled with cheerleaders, jocks, student council members etc) who was going to it. She then asked me if I was going and I said, "Nope." She asked why because her reasoning was prom is one of the best moments in a person's life to which I replied, "If this is one of my greatest moments in life, kill me now." That got a call home and a fun discussion with my parents.

Instead, I went to work and after my co-worker friend and I drove to a park, got high and listened to death metal.

It's kind of weird. But yeah, if the guy is only a year or two out and the girl is a senior.. probably not too bad.

I could see if they were dating the year before and were a sophomore/senior couple..

Then I could see having to go back to a HS prom since one has not graduated yet.

But if not in an old relationship, damn go hit on some college fresh

well, i went to 2 proms, mine where i got so fucked up i mostly dont remember it, and the second one i was in college and i girl from my highschool that was a year before me looked me up and invited me, felt sort of weird to go but i tried my best to just enjoy the night and not to get too fucked up to keep it classy, still almost got into a fight with some guy who picked up my suit jacket by mistake, shit happens, you know.

Lol I think if you're the father and your HS daughter is dating some flop in college then you've pretty much already accepted the fact that you raised an eager beaver. Prom night is just another night of your daughter getting plowed by some pud

Not that big of a deal. I hit on moms at Chuck E Cheese. I approach their kids first when they're not looking, do a couple of routine magic tricks and get them to like me etc. Then when I ask the mom out she has to choose between giving me her number or making her children cry. In the middle of Chuck E Cheese no less.

One woman tried to get me thrown out for not being with child. I'd wowed her kids so much they told the security guard they were my kids and she got thrown out. Me and her kids were singing Simon says get the fuck out and shit. Once I'd spent all my change on the arcade I just bailed and left the kids there. I was a good father for a couple of hours though.

I didn't even go to prom when I was in high school. My geometry teacher, who was the teacher coordinator for the school festivals, asked everyone in my class (filled with cheerleaders, jocks, student council members etc) who was going to it. She then asked me if I was going and I said, "Nope." She asked why because her reasoning was prom is one of the best moments in a person's life to which I replied, "If this is one of my greatest moments in life, kill me now." That got a call home and a fun discussion with my parents.

Instead, I went to work and after my co-worker friend and I drove to a park, got high and listened to death metal.

well yeah, its the teenage mentality and girls for the most part see these sort of things as some epic event, when its just a party

I missed prom for a few sporting event but i thought it was a douche bag move for my beloved one to invite her older BF to our graduation. She's still married to that prick...fuck her. No hard feelings. I'm over it. lol

That kind of sounds sad to me but if school dances are not your thing and you would rather smoke weed.....cool by me. BTW, say hello to the Nick Diaz for me.

Meh, I graduated in 2009. In 2010 my best friend was off in boot-camp and his girlfriend asked me to prom because she didn't know anybody (she moved into his parents house from AZ to be with him) and it was her senior year and didn't want to go to prom alone. Problem was I had a girlfriend going to the same school, and she hadn't asked me, but I wanted to go with her. Turns out my then gf found out this girl asked me to prom and flipped out on her in the middle of class. Lol, women.

No bullshit, I let my buddy (27 at the time) drive my old mustang to the prom. His date was 18 but still the shit was pretty funny.

I missed prom for a few sporting event but i thought it was a douche bag move for my beloved one to invite her older BF to our graduation. She's still married to that prick...fuck her. No hard feelings.

oh shit that is a low blow man

<{you!}>

I can see if you have a serious gf and she is a senior in hs and you are a first year freshman in college. I draw the line there.
I was going to ask about this scenario. Is this creepy? If the dude was in his 20’s then I would start worrying about it. I would draw the line at 19 and it being the scenario stated above. Both conditions need to be met though.

Meh, I graduated in 2009. In 2010 my best friend was off in boot-camp and his girlfriend asked me to prom because she didn't know anybody (she moved into his parents house from AZ to be with him) and it was her senior year and didn't want to go to prom alone. Problem was I had a girlfriend going to the same school, and she hadn't asked me, but I wanted to go with her. Turns out my then gf found out this girl asked me to prom and flipped out on her in the middle of class. Lol, women.

Lol so you're that guy. Graduated HS and still dating a girl in HS. rofl

Back