Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's to my boy Negan riding off into the sunset. Doubtful. Hopefully Carl's letter to Rick saves his life.

i think so, not sure how they're going to handle it, but i would assume Fear would more or less jump ahead in time to either catch up or surpass the time in TWD (only me speculating, not based on any known info).
i think it would make sense that crazy morgan leaves after all out war, likely using the heli we've seen in earlier episodes.
otherwise, then him being in Fear would be sometime between the time of his son dying and Rick finding him when he was trying to "clear".

I don't know about Morgan riding the chopper. The helichopper is obviously connected with Jadis somehow. Not sure if it's been discussed already, but she had a transceiver that started beeping before it showed up, when she had Negan tied up. Simon also said the trash dump where they live had solar panels and a heli-landing pad. Not going to be explained until next season, no doubt.

Just got around to watching. Eugene breaking out the solid-snake-in-a-cardboard-box level hijinks to avoid Daryl and Lolita after profectile vomiting like the escorcist to create a 3 second delay was lol worthy. Ready for some fools to die. Trim the fat and try running fast and lean through the last season.

And he is severely underpaid, they might kill him off, Lincoln is a loyal worker himself, thinking if I just focus on TWD they will see my loyalty and dedication and give me a pay raise, nope Lincoln isn't doing multiple movie projects on the side like the girl who plays maggie or Michionne.

anyone who has hinted or demanded a pay raise has been killed off.

They should be giving him at least 300k an episode he gets 90k along with Daryl. they are the top two paid on the show, the producers like gimple the pimple are raking in millions.
Daryl and Lincoln get paid the same!?! Daryl barely talks, and Rick has a lot more scenes.
Sounds like he has a really shit manager

i think so, not sure how they're going to handle it, but i would assume Fear would more or less jump ahead in time to either catch up or surpass the time in TWD (only me speculating, not based on any known info).
i think it would make sense that crazy morgan leaves after all out war, likely using the heli we've seen in earlier episodes.
otherwise, then him being in Fear would be sometime between the time of his son dying and Rick finding him when he was trying to "clear".

Timeline wise it makes sense but gegraphically it doesn’t.

He’d have to travel all the way to were they are and back. That’s a shit ton of walking.

One explaination that would make sense is more time has passed during fear than twd, and they’ve “caught up too” them timewise.

There have been situations In fear that could have eaten up more time than they have on twd logically

I don't know about Morgan riding the chopper. The helichopper is obviously connected with Jadis somehow. Not sure if it's been discussed already, but she had a transceiver that started beeping before it showed up, when she had Negan tied up. Simon also said the trash dump where they live had solar panels and a heli-landing pad. Not going to be explained until next season, no doubt.
Didn’t he ask her if she knew what that place was?

There’s clearly more there than a trash dump

Daryl and Lincoln get paid the same!?! Daryl barely talks, and Rick has a lot more scenes.
Sounds like he has a really shit manager
I think daryl actually might be getting paid the most, they pay daryl more because he is the most popular character and has the biggest fan base of the show, mostly those fat white nerdy redneck girls.

Lincoln is doing the loyalty approach, im not sure but i think he rejected several movie roles just to focus on twd, thinking when it comes to renegotiation time the producers will see his devotion and give him a raise. Instead he might get the boot lol, look how they did that boy carl, they shook his hand and his fathers and gimple said you are good for several more seasons, and they killed him off suddenly, handing them a script where he dies, the cast said nobody knows how the season ends because the writers are still writing during filming, i think they film two to three episodes a week.

According to Gimple, Season 9 is going to be a whole new start blah blah blah...

I can't stand when people who run/act in a show say shit like "This upcoming episode/season is going to change EVERYTHING!" and then it sucks time after time.

According to Gimple, Season 9 is going to be a whole new start blah blah blah...

I can't stand when people who run/act in a show say shit like "This upcoming episode/season is going to change EVERYTHING!" and then it sucks time after time.

Gimple is the worst he is the guy who ruined the show and now he was able to convince them to let him be the showrunner of Fear the walking dead

Gimple is the worst he is the guy who ruined the show and now he was able to convince them to let him be the showrunner of Fear the walking dead
Yeah, I hate to say it but yes, Gimple appears to be the main issue with the show. Doesn't seem to be very popular with a lot of the actors from some of the comments I've seen from some of those that have departed and the contract dispute with Lauren Cohen I wouldn't be surprised if he had his hand in it.

Besides the guy can't tell a story for shit.

Yeah, I hate to say it but yes, Gimple appears to be the main issue with the show. Doesn't seem to be very popular with a lot of the actors from some of the comments I've seen from some of those that have departed and the contract dispute with Lauren Cohen I wouldn't be surprised if he had his hand in it.

Besides the guy can't tell a story for shit.
He started killing off characters, rick wasnt supposed to be with michione, he was supposed to be with the blond chick that rick was having blue balls over, they killed her off, he promised carl a new contract and then mid season the cast were shocked he killed him off, glenn wasnt supposed to die it was abraham, but before the next season he decided to reshoot and have glenn die as well.

Its all about money the story isnt making sense, gimple is a producer on twd, and now he is also showrunner of fear and will be added to producing staff, he is raking in the dough, the actors are taking in peanuts, i heard they basically had to sign over their likeness similar to wwe where they cant even make money off toys and memorabilia all that money is split between amc and the producers, and creator. I dont know if its true but thats what i read on the twd forum, that the actors are treat like ncaa athletes in that regard, where they dont get money from toys, posters, shirts with their characters image on it etc.

You would think they would notice twd, is loosing viewers and fear is gainnng and not do that, but maybe reverse it, Outboard some fear people runnin g shows on twd

He started killing off characters, rick wasnt supposed to be with michione, he was supposed to be with the blond chick that rick was having blue balls over, they killed her off, he promised carl a new contract and then mid season the cast were shocked he killed him off, glenn wasnt supposed to die it was abraham, but before the next season he decided to reshoot and have glenn die as well.

And IMO those were all horrible moves. I think they did those just to keep the "shock factor" or keep everyone guessing. I liked Abe but it made sense for him to die as I believe Negan would take out one of Rick's toughest guys and the guy with military knowledge and no fear.
It was stupid to kill off Glenn. He was a character everyone cared about and had a different take and moral side to him than most of the other people.

Then they brought that blonde chick, Jessie I think, and then decided to kill her off in like 6 episodes or something. It would have made much more sense to keep them together and give Rick some tie to Alexandria. As of now it's still kind of Rick's "us vs them" in a sense. He still seems more loyal to his original crew. Plus him and Michonne just seem forced together. Like they just looked around and were like "hmmmmm, who isn't hooking up or with someone already....I guess it's just Rick and Michonne left, let's make that a story".

Timeline wise it makes sense but gegraphically it doesn’t.

He’d have to travel all the way to were they are and back. That’s a shit ton of walking.

One explaination that would make sense is more time has passed during fear than twd, and they’ve “caught up too” them timewise.

There have been situations In fear that could have eaten up more time than they have on twd logically

Both TWD and FTWD are gonna get a time jump in their next Seasons. FTWD Season 4 will happen after Season 8 (hence why we see Morgan all battered up and talking about his friends back east in past tense). I will assume TWD Season 9 will be a time jump as well, but it will be further in the future then FTWD Season 4's time jump.

Its all about money the story isnt making sense, gimple is a producer on twd, and now he is also showrunner of fear and will be added to producing staff, he is raking in the dough, the actors are taking in peanuts, i heard they basically had to sign over their likeness similar to wwe where they cant even make money off toys and memorabilia all that money is split between amc and the producers, and creator. I dont know if its true but thats what i read on the twd forum, that the actors are treat like ncaa athletes in that regard, where they dont get money from toys, posters, shirts with their characters image on it etc.
If true about the memorabilia I don't blame the actors for not going to the sci fi conventions and events. I'd have the same attitude. The guy definitely seems like a pig that fell in shit and basically cashing in. It's a shame, they could have basically kept following the same recipe over and over with little twists and more interesting zombies/ways of killing them and they probably could have coasted on the story for another two or three seasons. As it is now I don't see how they can follow the Whisperers storyline without Carl unless that other dumbass kid takes a more prominent role and the whole helicopter storyline has too many holes in it. Such a shame.

You would think they would notice twd, is loosing viewers and fear is gainnng and not do that, but maybe reverse it, Outboard some fear people runnin g shows on twd

Gimple is the guy who destroyed the series with his behind the scenes talking to manipulate others, he came on board the second season, he was now able to take over Fear.

now he is in a power position, Season 8 finale apparently people are thinking he will kill Rick off, or have a split, he claims the next season is a new series all together this makes sense why he would kill off so many characters.

So when you watch Fear it will flash forward and Morgan will bring the Fear cast back to TWD

Here is a little background on Gimples timeline.

n 2011 he joined AMC's The Walking Dead as a producer and writer for the second season. He wrote "Save the Last One", as well as the critically acclaimed, "Pretty Much Dead Already", and "18 Miles Out" (with showrunner Glen Mazzara).

In January 2013, Gimple was named showrunner of The Walking Dead, replacing Glen Mazzara.[5]

On the 14th April 2017 AMC announced that Gimple will become an executive producer for Fear the Walking Dead.[6]

And IMO those were all horrible moves. I think they did those just to keep the "shock factor" or keep everyone guessing. I liked Abe but it made sense for him to die as I believe Negan would take out one of Rick's toughest guys and the guy with military knowledge and no fear.
It was stupid to kill off Glenn. He was a character everyone cared about and had a different take and moral side to him than most of the other people.

Then they brought that blonde chick, Jessie I think, and then decided to kill her off in like 6 episodes or something. It would have made much more sense to keep them together and give Rick some tie to Alexandria. As of now it's still kind of Rick's "us vs them" in a sense. He still seems more loyal to his original crew. Plus him and Michonne just seem forced together. Like they just looked around and were like "hmmmmm, who isn't hooking up or with someone already....I guess it's just Rick and Michonne left, let's make that a story".

To add to this...Andrea was originally supposed to survive until the Current Season and plans were made for Andrea and Rick to be together but like what they did with Carl, half way through Season 3, Glen Mazzara killed the character off; with the actress assuming it was because of her ties to Frank Darabont.

Gimple is the guy who destroyed the series with his behind the scenes talking to manipulate others, he came on board the second season, he was now able to take over Fear.

now he is in a power position, Season 8 finale apparently people are thinking he will kill Rick off, or have a split, he claims the next season is a new series all together this makes sense why he would kill off so many characters.

So when you watch Fear it will flash forward and Morgan will bring the Fear cast back to TWD

Here is a little background on Gimples timeline.

n 2011 he joined AMC's The Walking Dead as a producer and writer for the second season. He wrote "Save the Last One", as well as the critically acclaimed, "Pretty Much Dead Already", and "18 Miles Out" (with showrunner Glen Mazzara).

In January 2013, Gimple was named showrunner of The Walking Dead, replacing Glen Mazzara.[5]

On the 14th April 2017 AMC announced that Gimple will become an executive producer for Fear the Walking Dead.[6]

I really hope they don't combined TWD and FTWD...Ughhhh. I am already totally against Gimple's idea to make even more TWD Universe spin-offs, but combining the two shows would be even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back