Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant writing don’t you think? Let’s finally give a character some screen time and build her up, then, let’s just kill her in the dumbest fucking way possible!

LIKE WHO WOULD JUST JAB SOMEBODY WITH SCISSORS.

Remember our OG T-Dawg? LOL...no screen time for 2 seasons, then they give him the limelight for part of Season 3, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and then what do they do? They have him fucking Leroy Jenkins his ass into a fucking mass of Zombies to save Carole when they could have both just run in the opposite direction <45>

Right when Beth was starting to get interesting too.
Beth getting killed off after she finally had a story arc with dialogue and people wanting her to be Daryls girlfriend pissed people off.

They should have kept her on, the writing has gotten confusing and the only thing people are suggesting is Gimple doing this for financial gain, kill Beth off to avoid having to pay another salary

I just read that The Walking Dead franchise makes billions.

Walking Dead character death has fans out for Scott M. Gimple’s blood

It's hard to see how this plot twist makes any sense or will help the show's already sliding ratings, writes Debra Yeo.

Spoiler alert: This story contains spoilers for Season 8 of The Walking Dead.

The major plot twist that ended Sunday’s midseason finale of The Walking Dead has some fans declaring all-out war — the theme of this season — on showrunner Scott M. Gimple.

If you haven’t seen the episode stop reading right here.

Carl, the son of main character Rick Grimes, has been bitten by a zombie and is dying.

Predictably, the twist drew anger and dismay on Twitter. User after user posted their disgust using the hashtag #FireGimple.

“I’m not normally a vindictive person, but I want there to be consequences for this,” tweeted viewer @DrLawyerPI. “Carl was the future of the walking dead.”

In fact, Carl’s character is very much alive in the comic books that inspired the show and a key part of the new world the survivors of the zombie apocalypse are building.

At first I thought this was a case of an actor wanting out. Chandler Riggs, who has played Carl since 2010 and grown up on the series, was about to start college. But Riggs told the Hollywood Reporter he planned to delay college to focus on acting and had just bought a house near the show’s set in Georgia.

Riggs told Entertainment Weekly that learning of Carl’s death was “devastating because the show has been such a big part of my life. I had . . . dedicated so much time and effort into the show that it was crazy that that was going to be the decision.”

His father, William Riggs, went further, saying in a now deleted Facebook comment, “Watching Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next 3 years was disappointing. I never trusted Gimple or AMC but Chandler did. I know how much it hurt him.”

Why did Gimple kill off Carl?

He told the Hollywood Reporter that he and the writers made the decision to serve “the greater story of the season. It will be very apparent, the relationship of this awful incident — this very intense story turn — to the greater story. . . . I know as you’re watching it into the next half of the season that you’ll get it.”

According to Riggs, “(Gimple’s) reasoning . . . was that in the comics after All-Out War (between the main characters and the Saviors), Negan gets taken prisoner, so to figure out a way to make Rick not want to kill Negan would be to have Carl see things from a different perspective and try to push those ideals onto Rick . . . about how they can’t kill every one of the Saviors and not everyone is a bad person.”

Whether this was just Gimple making something up to appease Riggs or his actual thought process, it makes zero sense to me.

I can’t imagine Rick (played by Andrew Lincoln) being motivated to carry on with Carl gone, let alone deciding to go easy on Negan.

Lincoln himself hinted at this in an interview with Vanity Fair. “You can’t write a character like Rick Grimes — whose engines are his wife and his son — and you take away the wife and you’re left with the son. And . . . then you take away the other engine that fuels him, that got him off his deathbed in the first-ever episode.”

In his Hollywood Reporter interview, Gimple said he believes The Walking Dead can last into ninth and 10th seasons and beyond.

Forgive me if I don’t share his optimism, either about the series lasting or making sense of Carl’s looming death.

(The character will still be alive in the midseason premiere on Feb. 25, but there won’t be any miracle reprieve à la Glenn crawling out from under a dumpster, nor should there be. As much as I hate the decision to kill him off, it would be beyond ridiculous to let him survive a bite to the torso.)

The show has been playing fast and loose with viewers’ loyalties for a long time, particularly the last two seasons when we’ve been subjected to plot holes big enough to drive trucks through and the worst villain in series history in the two-dimensional Negan.

The ratings have reflected this reality and will likely continue to drop with this latest misguided decision.

If Gimple was hoping to goose viewership with this twist — which had been promoted the week before minus the specifics — he failed. With an average 7.9 million viewers, Sunday’s midseason finale was the lowest rated since Season 2, Variety says.

https://www.thestar.com/entertainme...h-has-fans-out-for-scott-m-gimples-blood.html

Remember our OG T-Dawg? LOL...no screen time for 2 seasons, then they give him the limelight for part of Season 3, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and then what do they do? They have him fucking Leroy Jenkins his ass into a fucking mass of Zombies to save Carole when they could have both just run in the opposite direction <45>
They killed T dog and nobody gave a shit on the show, oh thats T dog where is Carol and Lori? fucked up, he was Ricks right hand man before Daryl.

They should have gave him a better death he died in the same episode as Lori, thats how they do us man its messed up

he gave his life for Carol and the only thing he got was oh its T dog where is carol and lori. racist as show lol

Man I’d be pissed if I bought a damn house near set because I was told I had at least three more years on the show . . . And then boom, written out. Fuck that.

Beth getting killed off after she finally had a story arc with dialogue and people wanting her to be Daryls girlfriend pissed people off.

They should have kept her on, the writing has gotten confusing and the only thing people are suggesting is Gimple doing this for financial gain, kill Beth off to avoid having to pay another salary

l

The Beth death pissed me off the most. She didn't have much of a point through a lot of the show at first but they spent a lot of time focusing on her and her relationship with Daryl. They used her character to help shed light on Daryl's past. Then they just kill her off. I mean it DID and shock value but seemed a bit short sighted as they could have gone a lot of different directions with her character.

Also y’all acting like you’re mad about Andrea getting killed off, but I remember everybody bitching about her character and wanting her dead.

I loved Andrea but y’all fruedin’ :hmph

Not me, I ain’t complaining. Couldn’t get rid of her fast enough, Andrea was horrible. Also not a Beth fan, no big loss there, other than her episode with Daryl, which was also the only time they’ve tried to actually make Daryl interesting in the last zilion years.

“I’m not normally a vindictive person, but I want there to be consequences for this,” tweeted viewer @DrLawyerPI. “Carl was the future of the walking dead.”

{<jordan}

The Beth death pissed me off the most. She didn't have much of a point through a lot of the show at first but they spent a lot of time focusing on her and her relationship with Daryl. They used her character to help shed light on Daryl's past. Then they just kill her off. I mean it DID and shock value but seemed a bit short sighted as they could have gone a lot of different directions with her character.
She was cute too, all i remember of her was being the suicidal sister who locked herself in rooms, and singing, but her src with daryl brought out her personality and the way daryl opened up to her it was the start of something or so it seemed.

Man I’d be pissed if I bought a damn house near set because I was told I had at least three more years on the show . . . And then boom, written out. Fuck that.

Gimple is evil he is your typical ultra capitalist con man shit bag he will be judge before god for what he did too Chander Rigs!

The season finale is on soon.

So watching it again, im focusing on eugene. He had an evil look on his face when being told off by rosita and now im paying attention to him sitting down in his shop. Hes gotta be in there to fuck bullets up.

So why the evil face?

And laughed again at the puke move but....cmon, he made foot prints, found a cloak, and buried himself perfectly in less than 60 sec.. Mighty stretch of disbelief there.

Coming up on the season finale of the Walking Dead: Gabriel questions his faith and Morgan begins to appear unstable.

Hah, shit, the concrete negan smashed the radio upon caved. Made of rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back