Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true about the memorabilia I don't blame the actors for not going to the sci fi conventions and events. I'd have the same attitude. The guy definitely seems like a pig that fell in shit and basically cashing in. It's a shame, they could have basically kept following the same recipe over and over with little twists and more interesting zombies/ways of killing them and they probably could have coasted on the story for another two or three seasons. As it is now I don't see how they can follow the Whisperers storyline without Carl unless that other dumbass kid takes a more prominent role and the whole helicopter storyline has too many holes in it. Such a shame.

And IMO those were all horrible moves. I think they did those just to keep the "shock factor" or keep everyone guessing. I liked Abe but it made sense for him to die as I believe Negan would take out one of Rick's toughest guys and the guy with military knowledge and no fear.
It was stupid to kill off Glenn. He was a character everyone cared about and had a different take and moral side to him than most of the other people.

Then they brought that blonde chick, Jessie I think, and then decided to kill her off in like 6 episodes or something. It would have made much more sense to keep them together and give Rick some tie to Alexandria. As of now it's still kind of Rick's "us vs them" in a sense. He still seems more loyal to his original crew. Plus him and Michonne just seem forced together. Like they just looked around and were like "hmmmmm, who isn't hooking up or with someone already....I guess it's just Rick and Michonne left, let's make that a story".

Gimple is the guy who got into Kirkman and the other producers heads and got rid of Darabont he started talking and manipulating the moment he joined int he second season, and replaced Glen Mazzarra as showrunner, now he is a producer lol dude really climbed the ladder fast, a straight up snake, but hey its a dog eat dog world and he is about that paper, kills off major characters so more money goes into his pocket he is now producer of FEAR and the show runner.

The way he killed of Carl and Glenn was weird, someone claims he decided to kill off Glenn last minute because he wanted to SHOCK in the season opener, it was originally just Abraham, but he decided to add Glenn as well.

Reason he killed of Carl is a time jump, apparently from what I read the group will be disbanded after this finale on season 8, Morgan heads out west and in Texas, several others will go somewhere

Walking dead is doing another spin off show so maybe one of those characters will be part of that show

they are really milking it, such a shame.

To add to this...Andrea was originally supposed to survive until the Current Season and plans were made for Andrea and Rick to be together but like what they did with Carl, half way through Season 3, Glen Mazzara killed the character off; with the actress assuming it was because of her ties to Frank Darabont.

Carol is also tied to Darabont but she is still on the show, the only reason the others got killed of like Dale is because they showed loyalty toward Darabont, I heard Shane was supposed to live but he told them to kill his character off, he chose to go with Frank on the TNT show that failed.

Shanes character was just supposed to leave Ricks group and come back in another season similar to Morgan, thats what I heard but these are all just rumors.

If I were to assume the reason Glen MAzzarra killed Andrea off was probably because Gimple the writer convinced him it would be best to kill her character off, so he did then Glenn gets replaced by Gimple lol

Gimple is a true climber, knows how to talk his way into positions of power.

Rick and Michionne is one of the weirdest couplings its like ZERO sexual chemistry all forced they were better off in a Brothers in Arms type deal, it was more believable. they paired rick and michionne up to save money kill two birds with one stone type deal, Rick was supposed to be with the widow blond but they killed her off. saving money.

Carol is also tied to Darabont but she is still on the show, the only reason the others got killed of like Dale is because they showed loyalty toward Darabont, I heard Shane was supposed to live but he told them to kill his character off, he chose to go with Frank on the TNT show that failed.

Shanes character was just supposed to leave Ricks group and come back in another season similar to Morgan, thats what I heard but these are all just rumors.

If I were to assume the reason Glen MAzzarra killed Andrea off was probably because Gimple the writer convinced him it would be best to kill her character off, so he did then Glenn gets replaced by Gimple lol

Rick and Michionne is one of the weirdest couplings its like ZERO sexual chemistry all forced they were better off in a Brothers in Arms type deal, it was more believable. they paired rick and michionne up to save money kill two birds with one stone type deal, Rick was supposed to be with the widow blond but they killed her off. saving money.

I had no problem with them killing off the widow blonde since she died in the comics the same way. The pairing of Michonne and Rick..... meh, sometimes it works and other times it is just horrible. The chemistry between the two wouldn't be bad if the writing was better, I think both actors are skilled enough to pull it off. Andrea's character was done so poorly on the show that it would have been impossible for them to follow her character arc from the comics.

When you see Gimple in the interviews he doesn't have that same fire in his belly about the show that people like Nicotera, Hurd or the other woman that goes on Talking dead often (forgot her name). You can almost see in him that it's just a money grab, he's not animated at all about the show, the storyline.

All good points. Rick and Michonne's relationship is the most forced and awkward thing on the show LOL. It was definitely a money saver thing. It was funny watching a Youtube reaction video to Michonne telling Rick she loves him for the first time and everyone going OOO AWWW SO SWEET. HAHAHAH.

The blonde girl from Alexandria was actually killed off in the same way in the comic as they did in the tv show, so I don't think they ever meant for her and Rick to be something long term.

From what I heard, Abe was supposed to be the only one Negan killed but then it was leaked out to the public, so Gimple decided to kill off Glenn for that shock factor and to eliminate another salary.

Actually makes sense...considering they swapped Abe's actual comic death and gave it to Denise in the show (crossbow bolt through the eye) and they already duped us with Glenn's fake death...I think Gimple panicked after the Abe/Negan leak and thought he needed to do something else to save the Season premiere...when in reality, that decision began the downfall of the show.

I really hope they don't combined TWD and FTWD...Ughhhh. I am already totally against Gimple's idea to make even more TWD Universe spin-offs, but combining the two shows would be even worse.
The original plan for Fear was to merge it with TWD, but Gimple wants more spin offs for more money im assuming

Scott M. Gimple will segue from showrunner to chief content officer after season eight, and oversee all things surrounding the zombie drama.
Despite killing off the character widely considered to be the future of the franchise, Scott M. Gimple has grand plans for the future of The Walking Dead.

read the full story here
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-boss-planning-spinoffs-new-role-1088272

I had no problem with them killing off the widow blonde since she died in the comics the same way. The pairing of Michonne and Rick..... meh, sometimes it works and other times it is just horrible. The chemistry between the two wouldn't be bad if the writing was better, I think both actors are skilled enough to pull it off. Andrea's character was done so poorly on the show that it would have been impossible for them to follow her character arc from the comics.

When you see Gimple in the interviews he doesn't have that same fire in his belly about the show that people like Nicotera, Hurd or the other woman that goes on Talking dead often (forgot her name). You can almost see in him that it's just a money grab, he's not animated at all about the show, the storyline.

Nobody likes Gimple you can see all the negative comments toward this guy and how people are feeling sick they were happy he left TWD but then got gutted when he went to FEAR.

And realizing he is not really leaving TWD because they gave him an upgrade position to rake in more money and control

this is a guy who was able to become a power player by smoozing those in power and climbing his way to the top by planting ideas in their head, a true hustler from writer to, show runner to producer, and now chief content officer of walking dead.

All good points. Rick and Michonne's relationship is the most forced and awkward thing on the show LOL. It was definitely a money saver thing. It was funny watching a Youtube reaction video to Michonne telling Rick she loves him for the first time and everyone going OOO AWWW SO SWEET. HAHAHAH.

The blonde girl from Alexandria was actually killed off in the same way in the comic as they did in the tv show, so I don't think they ever meant for her and Rick to be something long term.

From what I heard, Abe was supposed to be the only one Negan killed but then it was leaked out to the public, so Gimple decided to kill off Glenn for that shock factor and to eliminate another salary.

Actually makes sense...considering they swapped Abe's actual comic death and gave it to Denise in the show (crossbow bolt through the eye) and they already duped us with Glenn's fake death...I think Gimple panicked after the Abe/Negan leak and thought he needed to do something else to save the Season premiere...when in reality, that decision began the downfall of the show.

That Rick and Michionne shit was not believable at all, for those who have been watching for so long you could see them as platonic relationship not romantic its not believable at all.

I read some idiot leaked the death of Abe, the reshoot started with Glenn getting killed as well you could see some weird editing for that opener.

Gimple felt since we made people wait so long to find out lets make it shocking, lets kill Abe and then after they breathe a sigh of relief we will kill Glenn too.

Gimple the pimple.
The way he did Carl was screwed up too, but like the cast said nobody is safe since they dont get the scripts until a few days out, anyone can go next.

He started killing off characters, rick wasnt supposed to be with michione, he was supposed to be with the blond chick that rick was having blue balls over, they killed her off, he promised carl a new contract and then mid season the cast were shocked he killed him off, glenn wasnt supposed to die it was abraham, but before the next season he decided to reshoot and have glenn die as well.
Actually in the comics, he dies iirc.

Negan-proceeds-beat-living-hell-out-Glenn.jpg

[

You guys really don’t like Rick and Michonne together? They seemed alright to me and I thought it made enough sense. Michonne kinda took on protector role over Carl while also being something of a friend. They connected anyways. So if I was Rick I might take an interest in the woman who shows such interest in my child, I think most single parents would consider that. Plus Michonne a bad ass smart bitch who looks good in skinny jeans, which most older women can’t pull off lol. Just saying xD anyways, I thought it was an alright pairing. Although, Rick kinda moved on quick from blondie lol.

But tbh I have other things to hold against the show. I’m a woman and hold years old grudges. Like the dumb fuck idiotic death of Beth o:< #neverforget

???

You claimed that Glenn wasnt supposed to die though? Im confused, why mention that before?
I think what he meant is that the show runners, despite how the comic plot went, we’re planning on keeping Glenn and offing Abraham instead. But once it was leaked that Abe was going, they changed plans and threw Glenn in there as well to be killed off.

???

You claimed that Glenn wasnt supposed to die though? Im confused, why mention that before?

We are talking about the tv show. The original plan was for Negan to only kill Abe but when someone leaked it online, Gimple, thinking the premiere episode was in jeopardy because of the leak, changed his plan to kill both Glenn and Abe off for added shock value.

Ftr the season leading up to Negan was rustling on a stupidly infuriating level.

The Glenn dumpster bullshit? I mean come on. And didn’t they make us wait a whole other week to find out what happens, while they pissed around for on episode on shit WE DIDNT CARE ABOUT. it was a whole lot of piss off.

Then once again they left us on a shitty cliffhanger for the finale to see who Negan kills. I mean I’m pretty sure the show would have done just as well and generated enough talk had they ended the finale with Negan bashing a head in. BUT WHATEVER

You guys really don’t like Rick and Michonne together? They seemed alright to me and I thought it made enough sense. Michonne kinda took on protector role over Carl while also being something of a friend. They connected anyways. So if I was Rick I might take an interest in the woman who shows such interest in my child, I think most single parents would consider that. Plus Michonne a bad ass smart bitch who looks good in skinny jeans, which most older women can’t pull off lol. Just saying xD anyways, I thought it was an alright pairing. Although, Rick kinda moved on quick from blondie lol.

But tbh I have other things to hold against the show. I’m a woman and hold years old grudges. Like the dumb fuck idiotic death of Beth o:< #neverforget

Right when Beth was starting to get interesting too.

Also y’all acting like you’re mad about Andrea getting killed off, but I remember everybody bitching about her character and wanting her dead.

I loved Andrea but y’all fruedin’ :hmph

Ftr the season leading up to Negan was rustling on a stupidly infuriating level.

The Glenn dumpster bullshit? I mean come on. And didn’t they make us wait a whole other week to find out what happens, while they pissed around for on episode on shit WE DIDNT CARE ABOUT. it was a whole lot of piss off.

Then once again they left us on a shitty cliffhanger for the finale to see who Negan kills. I mean I’m pretty sure the show would have done just as well and generated enough talk had they ended the finale with Negan bashing a head in. BUT WHATEVER

The dumpster death gimmick is one piece of evidence that makes me believe the story about Abe swapping places with Glenn to get Lucilled. Through the whole show, they teased us with Glenn/Lucille death foreshadowing and I really do believe they were planning to rick roll us with Abe being offed instead of Glenn to keep it going.

Right when Beth was starting to get interesting too.
Brilliant writing don’t you think? Let’s finally give a character some screen time and build her up, then, let’s just kill her in the dumbest fucking way possible!

LIKE WHO WOULD JUST JAB SOMEBODY WITH SCISSORS.

I think what he meant is that the show runners, despite how the comic plot went, we’re planning on keeping Glenn and offing Abraham instead. But once it was leaked that Abe was going, they changed plans and threw Glenn in there as well to be killed off.
We are talking about the tv show. The original plan was for Negan to only kill Abe but when someone leaked it online, Gimple, thinking the premiere episode was in jeopardy because of the leak, changed his plan to kill both Glenn and Abe off for added shock value.
Thanks for actually replying and explaining instead of replying just "lol".

Not every fan keeps up with the day to day news of this shitshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back