Anderson has the best finishing rate during a win streak and it’s not even close

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anderson Silva had 15 finishes during his 17 fight win streak.

88% finish rate.

Is that the best finishing rate (during a long win streak) of all time?

Last edited:
That's why he doesn't have weak stats like "most consecutive rounds won". That's for weaker fighters.

Finishes > most rounds in a row won!!! Anderson GOAT.

That's why he doesn't have weak stats like "most consecutive rounds won". That's for weaker fighters.
honestly imo most stat's are weak in sports period because the low number of "trials" and the apples to oranges nature of everything. Anderson is undoubtably on the Mt Rushmore of MMA and his reign as champion was amazing for many reasons but how do you compare that dominance in a then weak 185 pound division to GSP's dominance in laying on people in a much more stacked division? Or Khabib never losing a round in what is almost certainly the best division of all time but he hasn't seen the majority of the top ten?

On Fedor's streak he stopped 25 of the 31 fights which is about an 80 percent finish rate if I'm not mistaken.

Anderson Silva had 14 finishes during his 16 fight win streak.

88% finish rate.

Is that the best finishing rate (during a long win streak) of all time?
McGregor had 14 finishes during a 15 fight streak. 93% finish rate.

fun fact: Jake Shields once had an 8 fight finish streak with notable victories over Robbie Lawler, Paul Daley, and Mike Pyle in that streak

2 steroid busts, 1 Limp dick

Travis Fulton had a 40 fight win streak, all finishes I think.

lol@people saying Struve and Kos.

honestly imo most stat's are weak in sports period because the low number of "trials" and the apples to oranges nature of everything. Anderson is undoubtably on the Mt Rushmore of MMA and his reign as champion was amazing for many reasons but how do you compare that dominance in a then weak 185 pound division to GSP's dominance in laying on people in a much more stacked division? Or Khabib never losing a round in what is almost certainly the best division of all time but he hasn't seen the majority of the top ten?

well said

There’s a difference between finishing unranked / low ranked opponents and finishing title contenders

Still crazy stats though

And then if you remember back then, the howling and crying about those two fights he didn't finish. It was almost viewed as a war crime when Anderson didn't finish someone.

On Fedor's streak he stopped 25 of the 31 fights which is about an 80 percent finish rate if I'm not mistaken.

I just came to say this. Only that Fedor "lost" the fifth fight, so is technically a 27 win streak plus a NC. The only people who survived him where Babalu, Minotauro x 2 + 1 NC, and Cro Cop.

And he didn't lost a round in those fights, and was never ground and pounded for 24 minutes.

tumblr_na1y2fsmrI1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

(Amazingly, the Randleplex is one of Fedor's High lights!)

Anderson is hands down the goat of spectacular finishes in the UFC

And then if you remember back then, the howling and crying about those two fights he didn't finish. It was almost viewed as a war crime when Anderson didn't finish someone.
GOAT problems

I will add some gifs to my post (just for the likes)

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_009.gif

25+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Mirko+Filipovic_xvid_004.gif

WZF7TC.gif

KlutzyFaroffHairstreakbutterfly.gif

2hzjprl.jpg

8699yjk.gif

Fedor-Fujita-1.gif

fedor-ko-rogers-death.gif

TartIckyBabirusa.gif

fedor-submits-randleman-o.gif

Back