• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Volkov vs Ngannou rumored to headline Russian UFC event (Khabib Out)

Hadn't thought of the Brock factor. Makes perfect sense why they'd want Ngannou to KO Volkov.
I can visualize it happening, Overeem decisions Blaydes and Ngannou KOs Volkov. Then Brock gets in the pool by June/July and by the end of the year he's back, eligible to fight the winner of DC-Stipe.

MMA media
- "But Dana, Brock doesn't deserve a titleshot, isn't the UFC disrespecting the heavyweight contenders by giving it to Brock right away?"

Goofypotamus @Arm Barbarian
- "Contenders? What contenders, you goof? There's no one in line, Brock is the fight to be made"
UnfitYellowishHoneycreeper-max-1mb.gif

dana-white-shit-eatin-grin-150x150.jpg

If somebody as dark as Ngannou were to fight in front of our fans, I can only imagine the names that would be shouted at him, lol. It would be like 'churka' or 'hach' but a whole new level...

I don't want to see Volkov get ktfo, though. Magomedsharipov could potentially headline it though, he can be a good draw if he gets the right names. I hope we get no stupid American vs American fights though, like some of them have been in Brazil.

You're conceding that your argument is shit when you respond by complaining about profanity on Sherdog.

How was his attitude worse than McGregor's or anybody else on the roster?

Look, I get that people were rightfully pissed about the way that the UFC tried to push Ngannou and shit all over Stipe in the process, but the backlash against Ngannou is absurd.

Trying to spin him into a tomato can and a giant scumbag because Dana rushed him into a fight is ridiculous.
Obviously only a full kit bet will solve this level of disagreement. Who do you like pal? im taking swanson or borboza in the next event. full kit, (av, sig, loc, belt) for one month. lets have some fun for once

Volkov is rumored to headline Russian UFC event according to one of the oldest and most respected Russian newspapers, Sport-Express.

Khabib has today said that he would love to fight in Russia, but since the event will only be a smaller event (like Fight Night or on FX) and not a PPV, he's not interested. He told that during a big Q&A session at his former university. Full Q&A:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/k...o-respect-for-him-i-will-break-conor.3750889/

Volkov himself responded to the rumors that it's the first time he hears about that and that if it's true UFC has not told him about it yet.

Russian sports media is speculating about Volkov getting a fight against Francis Ngannou and if he wins, getting a title shot against Stipe Miocic.

Other fighter that are rumored to be on the card are: Zabit Magomedsharipov, Zubaira Tukhugov and Petr Yan (not in UFC currently but VERY flashy, entertaining fighter with 8-1 record).

To be honest I will be rooting for Volkov, but damn am I nervous about him and Ngannou. I think Ngannou KOs him especially as Volkov likes to stand and trade in the stand-up. Although if Volkov gets him to the ground I think he will be able to outwrestle his a Ngannou has 0 groundgame (as he showed against Stipe).

Khabib is the champ and makes some ppv. UFC will not put him on a fight night card.

I can visualize it happening, Overeem decisions Blaydes and Ngannou KOs Volkov. Then Brock gets in the pool by June/July and by the end of the year he's back, eligible to fight the winner of DC-Stipe.

MMA media
- "But Dana, Brock doesn't deserve a titleshot, isn't the UFC disrespecting the heavyweight contenders by giving it to Brock right away?"

Goofypotamus @Arm Barbarian
- "Contenders? What contenders, you goof? There's no one in line, Brock is the fight to be made"
UnfitYellowishHoneycreeper-max-1mb.gif

dana-white-shit-eatin-grin-150x150.jpg

Lol at mma media calling out Dana. If Brock gets a title shot they would love the publicity and it would give them material to work on (and get clicks on the websites).

Lol if that's true UFC matchmakers are the most greedy motherfuckers i've ever seen, they are trying to kill the only contender (Volkov) just to have a excuse to give Brock Lesnar a titleshot right away... i hope Blaydes wins and calls out the winner of Stipe/DC now. They wouldn't be able to deny him with a win over Overeem, if Volkov loses.
lol

if nunes beats pennington its only because ufc believes ronda has the capability of beating meisha after meisha has to replace pena because of an altercation between smith and moras. clearly, not a conspiracy at all.

Or Volkov just uses his range to outlast Ngannous 5 minute gas tank
His gas tank was drained by a D1 wrestler. There's not many HW's that can repeat what Stipe did.

Khabib was never in!
Exactly. I don't know why anyone thinks they were ever going to book him there.

They can fill the first Russian card with a bunch of unknown Russians and they'll still sell it out. No way they are taking the only Russian fighter they have who is a draw outside of Russia, and wasting him on a show that will sell out anyway.

if true, ngannou is a terrible match up for Volkov. not smart to take that beast on as a headliner in the first Russian event

Yes. But still even with crappy wrestling, after what I saw during Miocic fight, I still think Volkov can outgrapple Ngannou. He looked like a helpless child on the ground.

Another thing that I just saw is that Volkov i a VERY tall guy, 200.66 cm (6'7'') while Ngannou is only 193 cm (6'4'') ... that's significant.
But Ngannou got longer reach though.
Curtis Blaydes had trouble getting Ngannu down and Reem disappeared in his clinch. A 6'7 guy that can't that wrestle isn't gonna get Ngannu down.

Zubaira Tukhugov can't fight cause he is still under the suspension till October.
Petr Yan already signed with UFC and will debut on Singapore card in June.

Lol at mma media calling out Dana. If Brock gets a title shot they would love the publicity and it would give them material to work on (and get clicks on the websites).
Sure, but a enormous part of the media are hypocrites who would act like that's absurd, a sacrilege etc and would shit on UFC while being all for it

UFC is such a joke now. ACBs upcoming card on May 5 is superior to any UFC card this year

Are you legit retarded?

Yes that cards better than ufc 225? You know that dumb ass friend who turns on every band they like as soon as they get any popularity, that's you dork

They should get magomedsharipov to co-main; his stock should definitely be on the rise after his most recent performance.

Volkov got dropped by Tim Johnson, Ngannou will send him into the shadow world

Or Volkov just uses his range to outlast Ngannous 5 minute gas tank

And this is what makes this shit so great isnt it? I cant pick a winner

-MMA math doesnt work

-Styles make fights

-Every person is different, and fights different on fight night

I don’t understand the matchmaking. HW is short on new contenders, and Volkov is a fresh match-up and is on a win streak.

Ngannou-Lewis is a better match-up.

Back