Felix Trinidad Top 5

LangfordBarrow

StickAndMove
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oba Carr - At this point he was a top prospect with championship expectations. He wound up falling short of that mark, but lost to all time greats in Trinidad, Ike Quartey, and Oscar De La Hoya, in championship bids.

Oscar De La Hoya - The judging controversy surrounding this one is well known. It looked like Oscar won enough rounds and played the odds, but, would he have had enough left to make it to the final bell without running?

Fernando Vargas - He was still a bit green compared to Tito at this point but was probably in his "natural" prime. Did the low blows sway the fight in Tito's favor?

Bernard Hopkins - Hopkins almost starts a riot, and gets himself lynched, throwing a Puerto Rican flag to the ground. It helped him win the "WAR" and had Tito fighting mad.

Roy Jones Jr - No longer invincible Roy was still dangerous and had a good size advantage. A valiant effort in defeat for Tito in his final comeback bout.

Last edited:
Top 5 what?

I liked Tito's win > Joppy the best.

This thread was more for the new fans on the board to get a peek at Trinidad's career. His most destructive bouts would be these IMO.

Possibly the best one dimensional fighter ever, he was an absolute monster at 154, where he should have stayed and beaten De La Hoya

Trinidad was an all time great with ridiculous punching power and fighting spirit. I remember most of my casual boxing fan friends wondering how he generated so much punching power. LOL

Possibly the best one dimensional fighter ever, he was an absolute monster at 154, where he should have stayed and beaten De La Hoya

he is not one dimensional at all. He had a pin point accuracy, great straights and hooks. Worked the body great. Had great head movement. Great defense but would get caught cold on occasion. Took awhile for him to find the range and warm up. He did however fall in love with his power but still undefeated at 147 and to have your first loss come to Bhop is not a bad thing to say.

Hes definitely one of the best WW's of all time

One of my favorite fighters ever but frustrating as fuck to see both how he got into difficult situations and seemed to get wabbled or knocked down easily.

I also disliked how he simply stopped throwing unless he had a target, which made it easy for great movers to give him trouble

No one would ever beat this guy in an actual aggressive fight with constant trading. In a brawl he would knock you out

One of my favorite fighters ever but frustrating as fuck to see both how he got into difficult situations and seemed to get wabbled or knocked down easily.

I also disliked how he simply stopped throwing unless he had a target, which made it easy for great movers to give him trouble

No one would ever beat this guy in an actual aggressive fight with constant trading. In a brawl he would knock you out

To be fair that only happened twice and against two HOF

To be fair that only happened twice and against two HOF

He got into it bad with Vargas and obviously Hopkins but sometimes he seemed to be clueless when someone gave him specific movement. I seem to remember him having some trouble against David Reid (before battering him) and his legs always seemed to be shaky. I can't recall against who but he was knocked down a bit too many times for mi liking.

But yeah, he is a legend, one of my favorites ever.

I love watching him. His punching technique and ability to generate power is really impressive.

he is not one dimensional at all. He had a pin point accuracy, great straights and hooks. Worked the body great. Had great head movement. Great defense but would get caught cold on occasion. Took awhile for him to find the range and warm up. He did however fall in love with his power but still undefeated at 147 and to have your first loss come to Bhop is not a bad thing to say.

Hes definitely one of the best WW's of all time
I thought he was probably at his best fighting at JMW but didn't fight there long enough. Too bad we never saw fights against Quartey and Mosley.

He got into it bad with Vargas and obviously Hopkins but sometimes he seemed to be clueless when someone gave him specific movement. I seem to remember him having some trouble against David Reid (before battering him) and his legs always seemed to be shaky. I can't recall against who but he was knocked down a bit too many times for mi liking.

But yeah, he is a legend, one of my favorites ever.
I don't remember him having much trouble with Reid. Are you thinking about Winky Wright? He did go down against lower quality opponents but rarely seemed truly hurt.

I don't remember him having much trouble with Reid. Are you thinking about Winky Wright? He did go down against lower quality opponents but rarely seemed truly hurt.

ya the only time he was really hurt was against bhop but even then his dad saved him. He would just get caught cold a few times but it was running joke that you didnt want to do that because everyone who knocked him down got destroyed until he met bhop

For some reason I was never a huge Trinidad fan, which is weird because he did a lot of what I like to see from a fighter.

I think I'll revise my opinion one of these days.

ya the only time he was really hurt was against bhop but even then his dad saved him. He would just get caught cold a few times but it was running joke that you didnt want to do that because everyone who knocked him down got destroyed until he met bhop
I think he just had really bad balance TBH.

Thought this was a Texasdrugaddict thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back