26-0

10 years undefeated

So comfortable he can shit talk his opponent and their corner during the fight

UFC LW Champ

Never lost a round

unimpressive?

Yeah most of those 26 are cans....

Tim Sylvia was 28-1 at one point....enough said

Who here really thinks he will make weight and/or not get injured trying to defend the title he decisiond #11 to get?

Watch his fights instead of looking at fight finder, it'll answer all your questions.

I have watched the fights; that’s the whole point...unimpressive with the exception of RDA and MJ

MJ was stuffing most of the takedowns as well when he wasn’t trying stupid guilatine chokes

How is Barboza even a top teir LW... right?

I can't figure why every other guy he's fought against hasn't just employed this simple strategy... mind boggling, really

Exactly his TDD is terrible...I can’t believe more fighters don’t exploit it. I’m talking about his actual defensive wrestling technique.

I agree that it's too early for GOAT talks.

Right now he shouldn't be mentioned with names like Jose Aldo, GSP, or Silva.

But Khabib's a beast - basically it doesn't seem like anyone can beat him right now. Top 3 current active fighters.

I can agree with this, but that’s the problem. People are acting like he is on that level already

I think Edson Barboza normally has very good takedown defense. Just not against Khabib.

Barboza is fun to watch, with his fancy kicks and all.
He also lost to Jamie Varner, MJ, and Cerrone. And to the other Interim Champ, Ferguson.
He was easily taken down by Terry Etim (who couldn’t keep him down).

Nate Diaz, the supposed gatekeeper, beat MJ.

Khabib is probably #1 now, but there are still some doubts about him, that’s all.

I don't get this thread. He's unbeaten and he has the belt, what more is he meant to do?
He will get beaten though it's just a matter of who and when, how many wins he gets before it happens and what he does afterwards.

Against Eddie Alvarez who is better than Khabibs LW opponents

Conor also Koed Aldo....far greater achievement than anything Khabib has done
True.

Barboza is fun to watch, with his fancy kicks and all.
He also lost to Jamie Varner, MJ, and Cerrone. And to the other Interim Champ, Ferguson.
He was easily taken down by Terry Etim (who couldn’t keep him down).

Nate Diaz, the supposed gatekeeper, beat MJ.

Khabib is probably #1 now, but there are still some doubts about him, that’s all.
I have to ask, who do you got, Barboza or Kevin Lee? Do you agree with the odds (Lee is the favorite)?

True.

I have to ask, who do you got, Barboza or Kevin Lee? Do you agree with the odds (Lee is the favorite)?

I would also pick Lee as the favorite, but not too heavily.
I wouldn’t bet 3:1, that’s too much. I haven’t seen the odds.
Lee is talented but he’s careless. If he doesn’t F up, he wins, but I don’t trust him not to F up. Especially in the early going.

I’d say 2:1 is about right.
At 1.5:1, I’d bet on Lee.

Why is everyone so high on this dude? 2 good wins again RDA and MJ and maybe maybe Barboza. I hardly call that a great win because Barboza has zero TDD and ground game.

I’m not convinced on this guy at all.

Also Khabibs striking is laughable...his top control is devastating though I will give him that, but I’m not on this hype train at all.

Where is your evidence that Barboza has no TDD? People who actually know the guy and spar with him claim that he is very hard to take down.

They're not, the basement dwellers will latch onto anything or anyone that has any chance as small as it may be of beating McGregor, the fact that they delude themselves into thinking Kalabeeb is a legitimate champion having stumbled over the line against a fighter ranked outside the top ten just goes to show you how far their delusion goes, it boggles the mind then again never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The division is scared to fight him. Maybe there is a reason for that....

26-0

10 years undefeated

So comfortable he can shit talk his opponent and their corner during the fight

UFC LW Champ

Never lost a round

unimpressive?
U're right TS has the fight IQ of a well polished doorknob!

How has he never lost a round if he arguably lost the fight against Tibau?? The guy is still a paper champ with 0 defenses, so “God-Tier resume” if he retired now? Stop.

Frankie Edgar and Eddie Alvarez must be terrible wrestlers if they say they can't take down a guy with zero TDD in practice.

I have watched the fights; that’s the whole point...unimpressive with the exception of RDA and MJ

MJ was stuffing most of the takedowns as well when he wasn’t trying stupid guilatine chokes

How did that MJ fight end?

You must not be impressed with Anderson because he didn't land every punch on Okami, or GSP because Hendricks stuffed most of his TDs.

Who does impress you?

Why is everyone so high on this dude? 2 good wins again RDA and MJ and maybe maybe Barboza. I hardly call that a great win because Barboza has zero TDD and ground game.

Also Khabibs striking is laughable...his top control is devastating though I will give him that, but I’m not on this hype train at all.

that just as many as conor has.

I consider his win over ABel Trujjilo

He's very impressive but he's beatable tbh...still happy that hes on the UFC roster

Back