There’s a huge advantages dc got over stipe which may help him win the fight

really though, dont you ever think that maybe cain shouldve just jumped in that guard and played his game instead of werdum's??? thats a winnable fight for cain but he just had to take the risk imo

i feel stipe wouldve beat struve if he got on top of him but it was a blessing in disguise

100%

Freaking Travis Brown and Ivan Drago survived plenty well on the ground with Werdum hell Reem was mounted for a minute + by Werdum this isn't a death sentence instantly yea it's dangerous but it's not the end.

Have confidence, do the takedown, be careful, position... defense but put some pressure and hit the dude you won't die instantly. I feel the all fight was a big fiasco from preparation to gameplan to choices made to cringe trash talk by team mates to this constant telling him in his ear "don't go to do the ground it's LAVA".

This is why I'm saying it was the perfect storm and damn it Cain took that loss.. now the rematch is tainted cause Werdum lost to the russian dude and is getting up there in age (even if his style is maybe the most secure in terms of ageing).

Oh and on that Struve fight I can't take people serious.. Stipe had it and was giving to much respect to Struve and the eye poke and the slip and Stuve going full Diaz on Stipe in the freaking HW division was to much... not to mention that was probably Struve's peak the dude only got worse and got more damaged and lost more confidence and will from that point on while Stipe went only up in all areas.

Cormier isn't that quick though, to be honest. He's no slouch, but he's not rapid - Miocic is hardly a slob either. Far from it. DC might have a speed advantage over guys like Werdum, Hunt etc but Miocic is equally quick if not moreso, IMO. I'd say he's equally athletic at least.

100%

Freaking Travis Brown and Ivan Drago survived plenty well on the ground with Werdum hell Reem was mounted for a minute + by Werdum this isn't a death sentence instantly yea it's dangerous but it's not the end.

Have confidence, do the takedown, be careful, position... defense but put some pressure and hit the dude you won't die instantly. I feel the all fight was a big fiasco from preparation to gameplan to choices made to cringe trash talk by team mates to this constant telling him in his ear "don't go to do the ground it's LAVA".

This is why I'm saying it was the perfect storm and damn it Cain took that loss.. now the rematch is tainted cause Werdum lost to the russian dude and is getting up there in age (even if his style is maybe the most secure in terms of ageing).

Oh and on that Struve fight I can't take people serious.. Stipe had it and was giving to much respect to Struve and the eye poke and the slip and Stuve going full Diaz on Stipe in the freaking HW division was to much... not to mention that was probably Struve's peak the dude only got worse and got more damaged and lost more confidence and will from that point on while Stipe went only up in all areas.
Agreed on all counts

I'm sure Cain could've done better standing as well but it wasn't the path that day

Wow.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Just because DC is black doesnt mean he is faster. I actually rate Stipe as the better athlete. I give DC a shot only because he is the more technical wrestler and he does have some punching power.
Why did you have to get all racist with it? No one said he is faster because he is black....

Back