The Simpsons™ Destroyed By PC Goons. #ApuToo

Everybody knows Carl is the most offensive character on the Simpsons.

bc75b2eb245acea454e188eb21a342a2.gif

I'm not even going to get started on Dr. Hibbert being drawn with an Afro:

Uis1Ei8.jpg

tenor.gif
Bumble-Bee-Man-Ay-yi-No-me-gusta.jpg

These cartoons have been using "comedic effect" as an excuse for bigotry for far too long. South Park and the Simpsons especially. This is a new era.

I don't have any reason not to trust Hank Azaria. Maybe he always knew that his character was being used to ridicule kids, maybe he didn't. My guess is that he always had some idea that it was happening. Maybe he got a bit older, and started caring more. That is not exactly hard to believe.

I absolutely remember the few Indian kids in my school being called Apu, and having their voices mocked (even if they were 100% American) using his accent. If it was my character, I wouldn't be too thrilled with that result either. That's not being PC, it's just not being an asshole. Most decent people don't want that to happen.

but there are indian people that have that accent in their voice.

I absolutely remember the few Indian kids in my school being called Apu, and having their voices mocked (even if they were 100% American) using his accent. If it was my character, I wouldn't be too thrilled with that result either. That's not being PC, it's just not being an asshole. Most decent people don't want that to happen.

Then don't watch any other show ever where an ethnic stereotype is a character, or else you're contributing to the problem.

Just slap on your pussy hat, and go march with the rest of the pussies, if you want to worry about every little tiny thing that might be offensive to someone, somewhere.

He works
Supports his family
Gets robbed repeatedly by a white guy.

Oh but his accent is too strong.....fucking liberals.

Last edited:
Watch out Willie, you're next. Oh' wait, it's a white character. All is fine.

Imagine if the Cleetus character were exactly the same... with the exception of being drawn with fuller lips and dark skin.

You can't imagine it??

That's right, because no studio or head writer would ever, ever allow it to happen in the 21st century.

Yet just as there are, in reality, poor, possibly inbred, low-IQ rural whites (upon whom the Cleetus character is based) there are also poor, potentially inbred, low-IQ rural blacks living in America.

Why is the stereotyping of only one of these two powerless, marginalized segments of society condoned?

but there are indian people that have that accent in their voice.

I think the point Azaria is making here, is that Apu was pretty much the only character from that region on TV for decades, and became the most common way to mock kids from that region. He feels bad about that, because that was not his intention.

Then don't watch any other show ever where an ethnic stereotype is a character, or else you're contributing to the problem.

Just slap on your pussy hat, and go march with the rest of the pussies, if you want to worry about every little tiny thing that might be offensive to someone, somewhere.

I think part of the problem here is that you are so angry about everything that you can't take a step back and give the guy (Azaria) a chance to explain himself without calling him a pussy.

His stance here really is not at all hard to understand. It's pretty normal for a man of his age to have a regret if something he did led to kids ridiculing kids because of their appearance.

I'm surprised people can't just respectfully disagree with Azaria here, without all the insults.

I don't get it. It's not a terrible stereotype to begin with. Indian guys working hard and long hours. Business owner. Is it the voice? Are we pretending that the accent doesn't exist?

Somebody who calls themself a comedian made a documentary about the racist problem with Apu? And Hank Azaria listened to that? Fuck I’m losing faith that common sense will prevail in our society.

I think part of the problem here is that you are so angry about everything that you can't take a step back and give the guy (Azaria) a chance to explain himself without calling him a pussy.

His explanation is why he's a pussy. He caved to PC nonsense. Now imagine if every comedian/actor followed suit.

He's a fucking pussy, and is contributing to Liberal insanity problem. Fuck him. If he feels that badly, he should donate every single dime he ever made off that character to charity.

I know you guys hate on him a lot but there was a GQ article years ago where Aziz said he hates how the character has defined Indians and he would walk out of auditions for telling him to do an Apu accent even though it wasn't part of the role. He didn't want to be defined by being Indian and I'm glad he found so much success in Master of None.

Interesting that Hank feels this way but as another poster says it's not like he just realized Indians were being mocked about it.

His explanation is why he's a pussy. He caved to PC nonsense. Now imagine if every comedian/actor followed suit.

He's a fucking pussy, and is contributing to Liberal insanity problem. Fuck him. If he feels that badly, he should donate every single dime he ever made off that character to charity.
He should open a roller-coaster park for only brown kids.

They should end the character by having him get bit by a cobra, that'll show 'me.

Stop bending over for these hyper-sensitive wimps. Christ, it's pathetic.

Back