Bisping: Rogan makes $75,000 an episode from podcast

Pretty much all this.

If Rogan made anywhere close to 75K per Podcast. He wouldn't even bother calling an entire 4-5 hour PPV event for 100K.

On Chaels podcast one of his 3 or 4 sponsors said as part of the advert they'd paid 5k for it. Considering Rogan gets 10x+ as many listeners and has 10 minutes of sponsors at the start I can believe he's getting over ten grand a sponsor.

Why do you think he's dropped down his UFC appearances and is planning on stepping away in the next 18 months?
Because, as he has actually stated, he doesnt want to travel as much while he has his comedy, children, hunting etc. Im sure he gets paid well i just dont think that much.

Not a chance he makes anything remotely close to $75k/episode. Probably something like a few grand per episode. It’s a free product, and most the “sponsors” are companies he’s invested in. The only revenue his podcast generates is from YouTube/Sticher/etc advertising shares, as well as the sales he redirects to Onnit.

He’s still a fuckstick. A rich fuckstick, but a fuckstick.

maxresdefault.jpg

Pretty much all this.

If Rogan made anywhere close to 75K per Podcast. He wouldn't even bother calling an entire 4-5 hour PPV event for 100K.
Did you know that Rogan called many UFC events for free back in the day?

Um... He does it because he likes it?

Nah. Don't be naive. No one works for free plus why bother? If he really made anywhere close to 75K per Podcast I'm certain that he would rather do a Fight Companion episode with his buddies than have to deal with all the stress of fight week.

2.6 million subscribers and a podcast almost everyday he would make around $2.7 off of youtube a year. I doubt that

Pretty much all this.

Because they all feed off one another. Rogan's UFC exposure is one of the several reasons that the podcast got so big in the first place. And the exposure from the UFC and podcast greatly benefit his comedy career by funneling people into shows.

And he really does make close to that figure, with an audience of that size you need a good $20k to run an ad. Think about how many countless companies want that massive exposure, and he can get them to bid against one another.

Pretty much all this.

The guy made bank with Fear Factor, so you’re not making much sense.

Pretty much all this.

The reason he gets that many views is because he is known for his UFC career.

2.6 million subscribers but youtube cut back on the pay.

YouTube is a relatively tiny amount of the revenue, it's like an extra bonus. The podcast ads are where he makes huge money.

Can Bisping prove this or is this pure hearsay and speculation? 3 episodes a week over the course of the year is almost 12 million. I have sceptical hippo eyes on that figure

This.

Joe doesn't advertise anything, and rarely has anyone on to promote anything.

I know Youtube doesn't pay much, and I doubt Apple's podcast service pays anything at all.

Joe Rogan makes about $100,000 per episode these days based on downloads and advertising but this is before tax and everything else he has to pay. That's a boatload of money. Keep in mind, the JRE is among the most popular podcasts today and has ranked in the top 11 every month this year and has been a top 15 downloaded podcast for 4 years straight
Nah. Don't be naive. No one works for free plus why bother? If he really made anywhere close to 75K per Podcast I'm certain that he would rather do a Fight Companion episode with his buddies than have to deal with all the stress of fight week.
Joe Rogan has always stated he did it because he liked it and still does UFC events because he likes it. The only thing he doesn't want to do is the traveling and that's why he doesn't do international events. Even Dana has stated Rogan doesn't even need to do UFC events, he does it because he wants to

Joe Rogan GETS PAID. (little trivia for you; Zuffa had that video taken down)
You're operating under the premise that the amount of money Rogan makes dictates whether or not he'd do the job, and evident by the fact that he used to call events for free simply because he was (and remains) a fan contradicts your premise.

Because, as he has actually stated, he doesnt want to travel as much while he has his comedy, children, hunting etc. Im sure he gets paid well i just dont think that much.

What would you consider a more realistic estimate?

Back